Are there legitimate takedown techniques in BJJ that work on anybody?

You have to wait until you are knocked down or thrown. Then you can start using your bjj.

Only a very ignorant striker would go into a BJJ guard. So getting knocked down doesn't mean you get to use BJJ.

They exist. Just like strikes and leglocks in judo, chokes in sambo, throws in karate.

So your comment is fallacious then. a BJJ guy can make use of BJJ before getting thrown or struck down.

What type of takedowns will one master if you get the full curriculum, and will they be sufficent agaisnt Judokas and wrestlers?

What is the full curriculum? All the moves that work in BJJ competition?

So your comment is fallacious then. a BJJ guy can make use of BJJ before getting thrown or struck down.
Yes, a spherical BJJ guy in vacuum. Presuming that he learned entire BJJ arsenal.

Also I would say takedowns should just become natural at some point if you're rolling right, because in scrambles you ought to be learning and using some wrestling techniques. I've never wrestled a day in my life and would in no way compare my takedowns to a decent wrestler, but I've had people ask of wrestling was my base, and can also put wrestlers on their backs.

Get good at getting to x guard and getting single legs from there. Once you learn to finish a single, you just need to learn to enter into a single. The average Joe is pretty fucking easy to single leg.

Sure you can, but against somebody who knows what they are doing, probably not.

It varies on the individual gym.

Why would it vary if there are BJ takedown techniques in the art? A judoka who instructs what he learned before taking BJJ is of course not what I asked about.

Is what you're guys saying that honing groundgrappling skills translate to stand up grappling?

Is what you're guys saying that honing groundgrappling skills translate to stand up grappling?

- You used to be way better as Karatestilist.

It`s like you used to be funny like JIm Carrey, and now you`re awful as MIke Meyers, but without Eddie Murphy and Antonio Banderas carrying you on their backs o Sherek.

It`s like you used to be funny like JIm Carrey, and now you`re awful as MIke Meyers, but without Eddie Murphy and Antonio Banderas carrying you on their backs o Sherek.

I am not the user known as "Karatestylist", and that's no way to adress the offspring of a world class Karateka. Having established that, do you wish to have another go at my question or was it too deep for you?

Yes. If they start from a clinch yes
Its gonna be alot tougher while eating strikes. Strikes change the game greatly, esp. if the person is not used to getting hit. The natural instinct is to protect and defend when hit

When you look through an old thread, half the guys have been banned despite providing reasonably decent content. This muppet just creates one dumbass troll thread after the next but doesn't get booted. What gives?

Back