Are there any good sports left?

12ga.

Gold Belt
Reaction score
UFC ruined with popularity contest matchups. A Bisping TS really? Conor jumping over two 10-0 undeafted LWs etc. Max had to win 11 in a row before TS. Ferg might have to win 20 in row..

NBA ruined with free trips in the lane, no hand checking, and flopping like soccer has.

NFL ruined where you bascally can't touch QB. Lawence Taylor who literally ended QBs careers couldnt even play today let alone be greatest defensive player of all time. Touch football let's so-so QBs like Brady survive 20 years.

Yes I'd old but not that old (70s child who can afford a man cave with all the channels now) but think all sports was better in past and can barley enjoy them.

Women's beach volleyball

tenor.gif

Pro wrestling is better than its been in decades

NFL is still great

College basketball is awesome

Baseball especially the playoffs are incredible too

Pro wrestling is better than its been in decades

The WWE is horrible but what do you mean. Like indie wrestling and do you mean just the last decade. Wrestling was still good in say 2000 and good for a few years after that too.

Last edited:
Just watch college sports instead of the pros.

Im only a combat sports fan for the most part. Dont care about politics, there are lots of good fights to catch.

Ill watch some of the championship games from various team sports if theres nothing else doing, but Im not invested in them at all.

Ice hockey.

Ice hockey's getting kinda lame, half of Scott Stevens' hits would be game misconducts with suspensions these days.

Muay Thai is where it's at for me. It's a nice, violent, man sport where the ring gets filled with uppercuts.

UFC ruined with popularity contest matchups. A Bisping TS really? Conor jumping over two 10-0 undeafted LWs etc. Max had to win 11 in a row before TS. Ferg might have to win 20 in row..

NBA ruined with free trips in the lane, no hand checking, and flopping like soccer has.

NFL ruined where you bascally can't touch QB. Lawence Taylor who literally ended QBs careers couldnt even play today let alone be greatest defensive player of all time. Touch football let's so-so QBs like Brady survive 20 years.

Yes I'd old but not that old (70s child who can afford a man cave with all the channels now) but think all sports was better in past and can barley enjoy them.

Find a fringe sport that hasn't been ruined by big $ yet.

Or a minor league version, where players and ownership have to care about fans in order to survive.

Find a fringe sport that hasn't been ruined by big $ yet.

Or a minor league version, where players and ownership have to care about fans in order to survive.
Interesting you mention fringe. Fringe is a big reason I got into MMA in the first place. (NFL tuck rule, NBA no hand checking, etc from major sporrts was introduced in about 2004) and 2004 is when i got into Pride/UFC which was definitely fringe. No longer tho....

Any suggestions?

Hockey is great, not like it was in the 80's, but better than it was from mid 90's until very recently. It's fast and high scoring again- plus, it's one of the only sports that the players get a weapon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back