Are there any good sports left?

RIP
yamma-pit-fighting-poster.gif
Fuck! da GOAT. I believe the government shut it down to stop the impressionable youth from being awakened by the epic fights and primal bloodshed that would have awoken the sheeple to topple their oppressive government. Thus bringing in a new world order of Alphas.

I still love NFL football regardless of the WB protection rules.

I still have a problem with zone defense in the NBA however. Yes I wanna see iso in the post and wing. Yes I am old enough to remember the pre-zone defense days. I can live without hand checking. But zone defense took away great post up big men and made them defense/alley oop types. Not to mention no one really wants to fuckin see 7 footers shoot threes bro get down low.

Interesting you mention fringe. Fringe is a big reason I got into MMA in the first place. (NFL tuck rule, NBA no hand checking, etc from major sporrts was introduced in about 2004) and 2004 is when i got into Pride/UFC which was definitely fringe. No longer tho....

Any suggestions?

You ain’t lyin tho. NBA is fuckin tough. Played college ball so I try, but fuck. It’s fine if Vlade and the other Euros have to flop to get by, but how u gonna be the best athletes on the planet and get half ur points off deceiving officials. It’s embarrassing.

And the NFL was real close behind, but I think they got the message a little and let the guys play in the secondary some last year. And after the first couple weeks they stopped throwing those bullshit roughing flags.

I also think if we hold out hope some of these extra leagues might open some eyes at the big leagues. Like if this AAF actually holds on, the NFL could make some adjustments to the pacing and amount of flags. And maybe the BIG 3 can help bring ball back to what it’s supposed to be.

But for now it’s rough. We got fights and playoff baseball. Early 2000s poker was better than this shite.

Interesting you mention fringe. Fringe is a big reason I got into MMA in the first place. (NFL tuck rule, NBA no hand checking, etc from major sporrts was introduced in about 2004) and 2004 is when i got into Pride/UFC which was definitely fringe. No longer tho....

Any suggestions?

Mmm

Pre-baby, I went to live roller derby a few times and had fun. Don't know if you can follow that from home, though.
I've never followed, but have been intrigued by things like:
lacrosse
jai alai
Australian rules football

UFC ruined with popularity contest matchups. A Bisping TS really? Conor jumping over two 10-0 undeafted LWs etc. Max had to win 11 in a row before TS. Ferg might have to win 20 in row..

NBA ruined with free trips in the lane, no hand checking, and flopping like soccer has.

NFL ruined where you bascally can't touch QB. Lawence Taylor who literally ended QBs careers couldnt even play today let alone be greatest defensive player of all time. Touch football let's so-so QBs like Brady survive 20 years.

Yes I'd old but not that old (70s child who can afford a man cave with all the channels now) but think all sports was better in past and can barley enjoy them.
Do you just not like change?

Conor is good for the sport. It makes business sense from the UFC's standpoint too. The more money the UFC makes the more they can afford to put on good promotions and good fights. Conor has had some incredible performances as well. So how could we say a man who KO'd aldo in 13s and demolished alvarez not be given some big matches?

I'm not a big fan of the NBA basically because the sport doesn't interest me all too much. However, I see nothing wrong with the evolution it has taken. Every rule has a purpose. That purpose is to either a) make things fun to watch or b) increase competition. Theres a reason we see more offense in sports.

The NFL rule about QB's can't be touched is crap so yea I can agree there. But the head to head contact rules should remain in place. We don't want to see people develop CTE and other brain issues from unnecessary and unsafe hits. Also, Brady is the best that has ever done it. He's not just back there handing off the ball and making easy passes. He's reading defenses and picking them apart. He can sense the scheme, sense their coverage, sense their blitz schemes, and devour a defense. That's why Brady is Brady. It's not like he's super fast and has the strongest arm.

You are outta you're mind the NFL rules. And lol at Brady being a " so- so qb"

NBA has been great this year at least as a Kings fan.

I still love NFL football regardless of the WB protection rules.

I still have a problem with zone defense in the NBA however. Yes I wanna see iso in the post and wing. Yes I am old enough to remember the pre-zone defense days. I can live without hand checking. But zone defense took away great post up big men and made them defense/alley oop types. Not to mention no one really wants to fuckin see 7 footers shoot threes bro get down low.
Werd big men are basically gone. No wood laid on players in lane like old days. I think LeQueen would have 15pts at best back then. A James Worthy type since he cant shoot for shit either.

It's amusing to me LaBron even enters GOAT discussions between him and MJ. Again it's like comparing to James Worthy to MJ.

Last edited:
Mmm

Pre-baby, I went to live roller derby a few times and had fun. Don't know if you can follow that from home, though.
I've never followed, but have been intrigued by things like:
lacrosse
jai alai
Australian rules football
Nah never wached lacrosse like polo rich mans sport...I'm a broke Mexican from east LA.... but I heard they are changing rules of lacrosse to due to CTS DTS or whatever it's called.

Still and always will love yankee baseball

NFL is rigged

NBA players have too much control, everybody wants to jump on the same team.

College Football rankings are rigged so that SEC schools and wins over SEC teams carry far more weight than anything else so that an SEC makes it to the chip every time.

UFC starting to revolve too much around money fights

College basketball it is...

UFC ruined with popularity contest matchups. A Bisping TS really? Conor jumping over two 10-0 undeafted LWs etc. Max had to win 11 in a row before TS. Ferg might have to win 20 in row..

NBA ruined with free trips in the lane, no hand checking, and flopping like soccer has.

NFL ruined where you bascally can't touch QB. Lawence Taylor who literally ended QBs careers couldnt even play today let alone be greatest defensive player of all time. Touch football let's so-so QBs like Brady survive 20 years.

Yes I'd old but not that old (70s child who can afford a man cave with all the channels now) but think all sports was better in past and can barley enjoy them.

thank you! about that part regarding brady. i swear, some people have no fucking respect for a guy like joe montana, who ironically-enough, had his back destroyed by lawrence taylor's teammate leonard marshall. that niner game against the giants will forever be etched into my mind haha. brady wouldn't have survived anywhere as long if he played in the 80's and 90's.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back