Are there any Cruiserweights that beat Wilder?

seau45

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think Mairis Breidis has a chance to snag a UD, and I don't know enough about Dorticos or Gassiev to make a decision there.

Prolly not big enough to be in there with him. I'd think he can keep them off him take a few of their shots, etc.

He would only need that right to land glancing on a cruiser to shut down their nervous system completely for 10 seconds.

So, no from my chair.

Their punching power would feel below average to Wilder while his strait right landing flush will fuck them up bad.

Prolly not big enough to be in there with him. I'd think he can keep them off him take a few of their shots, etc.

He would only need that right to land glancing on a cruiser to shut down their nervous system completely for 10 seconds.

So, no from my chair.
He Ko'd Char who's pretty big for today's hw standards even.

Regardless, I wanna see another Usyk hw match before i decide my answer.

Gassiev is a hw now

Allegedly

Their punching power would feel below average to Wilder while his strait right landing flush will fuck them up bad.
I don't know if that's necessarily true.

A lot of cw are just hws who choose to cut a little bit

I don't know if that's necessarily true.

A lot of cw are just hws who choose to cut a little bit
They're not as big as Ortiz, Fury, Washington etc. A lot of them can still hit but I don't think as hard as the bigger HWs.

Those guys have legit HW power, Briedis has a brutal KO victory over Charr, Glowacki was the first to legit stop Huck, Povetkin couldn't and Arreloa has said that Gassiev is the hardest puncher that he has ever sparred with.
They all hit harder than Fury, so I don't think that power would be the main problem.
That said, I think that only Briedis has the combination of power, speed and boxing skills to be a legit treat to Wilder.

Last edited:
Id say hells no! Unless Horn goes up to Cruiser...

Glowacki and Briedis are too small for HW.
Actually they doesn't cut any much. Looks that lesser than plenty of other top CW boxers.
Suspect that considerably lesser than Usyk when he still was able to cut weight for CW.
-
Skills and beating power to KO a HW guy they both do have.
Briedis was good ammy KB guy with very strong legs, I mean stamina too.
When a kick boxer kicks with support leg on ground, support leg must carry a lot of load.
Plus his both hands are really dangerous.
Glowacki too is really very smart and highly skilled boxer with high power and good gas tank.
His disatvantages if compare with Briedis is that his both hands are less equally powerful, also Briedis does have far better clinch game.
Yup, both of them have enough in gas tank even for 15 rounder, not alone 12 rounds.
-
I by 95% sure that nobody of them will be in HW.

Charr vs Povetkin weight ins
https://www.boxingscene.com/video-alexander-povetkin-vs-manuel-charr-weigh--78334
Charr ~247lbs. vs second boxer that KOed Charr was 34 old version of Povetkin in good shape.
For Povetkin it took longer fight than for Briedis until Charr was KOed.
Klitschko only TKOed him....
-
Huck too appears was more close to HW than even Usyk walk around but didn't had success vs Briedis, Glowacki and Usyk.

Those guys have legit HW power, Briedis has a brutal KO victory over Charr, Glowacki was the first to legit stop Huck, Povetkin couldn't and Arreloa has said that Gassiev is the hardest puncher that he has ever sparred with.
They all hit harder than Fury, so I don't think that power would be the main problem.
That said, I think that only Briedis has the combination of power, speed and boxing skills to be a legit treat to Wilder.

Good post. Power isn't a problem at all. It all comes down to "Do they have enough skill?"

Briedis would be the obvious threat as he is not only well rounded but a great athlete.

Clemente Russo already beat him in the amateurs.;)
Jokes, aside, Russo has a style that is pretty bad for the pros, is old, washed up and a wannabe celebrity.
That said, between Amateurs and World Series of Boxing Russo has actually beaten many good HWs. Usky, Majidov, Nistor, Makhmudov, Junior Fa and a young Wilder.

Wilder buries the lot of them. I dont even know how much of a chance I give Usyk.

Wilder buries the lot of them.
Not likely they will be in HW.
Appears only Huck was more close to real HW, even more than Usyk.
Glovacki and Briedis are smaller than Usyk.
Partially this also explains why their gas tanks are such good: lesser or EVEN 0 weight cut = this better for gas tank.

I dont even know how much of a chance I give Usyk.
Usyk isn't more skilled boxer than Glovacki or Briedis. Isn't also more powerful than they are.
& Yes, Glovacki did one tactical mistake, then another and this ended with KO vs Briedis.
Appears that in Usyk vs Briedis later expected that Usyk will expect another tacticque and choosed use another tactics, that in fact were the most comfortable for Usyk.
---
In this level simple mistake can change game.
Plus Usyk won this bout on cards.
I even can't give opinion that Usyk is better than any of current TOP4 CWs.
More marketable, most likey yes.

Back