Are there any Cruiserweights that beat Wilder?

Rewatched Usyk vs Briedis today
Beautiful.
-
You act like typical boxing fan or paid kid.
-
Anyone from TOP15 CW does have enough punching power to KO, …..if landed.
This at lest already was able to KO 247 lb Charr faster than the same did only 34 years old Povetkin in good shape. And Charr does have not bad chin & tough head plus he wasn't bad boxer at all.
-
Each boxer sometimes chooses wrong tactique, this might cost bout.
Like Glowacki, he isn't less dangerous than Briedis or Dorticos or even Usyk.
Choosed wrong tactique, get that things are going wrong and psyched a bit. Briedis too get it vs Usyk but didn't psyched and continued to bout normally.
-
Intrestingly that most likely AJ PR team is better paid : he in first match vs Ruiz performed worse than Briedis vs Usyk.
Actually Ruiz if in good shape looks more tough game for him than AJ or Wilder.

Last edited:
no one wanted to fight him, but i have no idea where Video is

Wilder would legit kill all CWs with ez.

no one wanted to fight him, but i have no idea where Video is
Because you are not even boxing follower.

Wilder would legit kill all CWs with ez.
Why these CWs should be in HW?

I have no doubts that YOU will not pay for PPVs or buy a ticket for these bouts.
Let alone that most likely you will not spend even cents for local ammy level event's ticket. :D
You judge athletes whose previous bouts you are too lazy watch even for free.

Probably not. He'd get to them at some point most likely although a lot of them could probably outbox him for multiple rounds before that. Even Usyk would have a really tough time because in all likelihood he'd have to survive the full 12 rounds to win, as skilled as he is and as good as his chin is, thats a long time against a 6'7 guy with insane one shot KO power.

Cruiserweights historically don't transition well to heavyweight. Evander was the exception, not the rule.

None of the current Cruisers can beat Wilder. Wilder's already giving up a whole lot of weight to the current Heavies he's in with and still blasting them out. Being naturally smaller and weighing even less than they do isn't going to help their chances of surviving his right hand.

Even Usyk would have a really tough time because in all likelihood he'd have to survive the full 12 rounds to win, as skilled as he is and as good as his chin is, thats a long time against a 6'7 guy with insane one shot KO power.
Usyk isn't that much higher skilled or tougher than Glowacki or Briedis.
He choosed against them right tactique and they against him picked wrong Solutions for first rounds, thats all.
Plus Usyk is more marketable and with good PR team.
-----
OK, let's theoretize dreams, because they will not be in HW anyway.
-----
Against a boxer with considerably better reach and a good punching skills these boxers doesn't have that much chances in long range exchanges.
What then is doable?
To catch with counterpunches, this is easier if wide amplitude punches are thrown and enough opening in this moment.
Or get closer, especially if one does have a good clinch game.
This in CW exactly Briedis does have and looks that exactly this might be most suitable tactic….
Not Usyk, he likes outbox from distance a lot and with an opponents that does have better reach than he this will not be easy.

Against Ruiz a CW boxer that loves clinch game have less chances to use it: heavy, some 255-270 lbs, too heavy for him to torture in clinch. Stocky with good core covered with fat: from close distance damage his core looks hard task too. Short reach in close distace isn't disatvantage + Ruiz is good counter puncher, both hands are seriously dangerous.
there Usyk does have better chances won Ruiz by points in AJ manner, if didn't allow close distance and didn't seriously attempted to KO him.
---
Briedis def is able to defeat anyone from HW top IF they do mistakes but he def can't won for example 3-4 TOP HWs in row I think.
The same about Dorticos and Glowacki, but their clinch game isn't that good.

I would favour Ortiz over Pretty much any HW (not fury) and CW.

To be fair tho, the key to victory for ANY Wilder opponent is to avoid that right hand, regardless of their weight. He puts big guys down just as easily as he would CW's. So really the question is can guys like Breidis or Usyk simply avoid getting hit for 12 rounds, which is what it would take for them to get the decision. Interesting to think about

So really the question is can guys like Breidis or Usyk simply avoid getting hit for 12 rounds, which is what it would take for them to get the decision.
I don't think that he prefered long range fighting.
More chances he does have if avoided first blows, closed distance and preferably pressed clinch game. If he is able to won Wilder, then most likely via KO or TKO.
Plus I don't think that long range fighting with dreams didn't get damaged is smart solution vs Wilder. OK, maybe A.J might try this scenario.
Even Fury most likely will try not allow too long long range exchanges vs Wilder.

Yeah, nothing I can say that hasn't already been said here, but emphatically I say no, the CW division has nothing for big 3. Wilder blasts stops all of them.

Probably not. He'd get to them at some point most likely although a lot of them could probably outbox him for multiple rounds before that. Even Usyk would have a really tough time because in all likelihood he'd have to survive the full 12 rounds to win, as skilled as he is and as good as his chin is, thats a long time against a 6'7 guy with insane one shot KO power.
Usyk is going to be a KO victim at heavyweight. He's not a very good defensive fighter, he has no power, he takes about 5 rounds to warm up... I think he's going to be a washout against the elite.
He'll pick up a vacant belt here or there but I honestly can't see how he beats Wilder, Joshua or Fury.

Usyk is going to be a KO victim at heavyweight. He's not a very good defensive fighter, he has no power, he takes about 5 rounds to warm up... I think he's going to be a washout against the elite.
He'll pick up a vacant belt here or there but I honestly can't see how he beats Wilder, Joshua or Fury.
He'll never win one of the big 4.
Hed win the IBO or WBU title or some shit.

Wilder buries the lot of them. I dont even know how much of a chance I give Usyk.
Wilder will be old soon, when fight come he will be too slow and can't touch Usyk

I think stylistically he might have an outside shot against AJ. Joshua doesnt bring the same level of one shot and you're dead power as Wilder, and he isnt as big, mobile and awkward as Fury. It'd be an uphill struggle to avoid the power for 12 rounds but on a good night I wouldnt be too shocked if Usyk could get the UD, assuming the scorecards arent rigged anyway.

Wilder has some crazy reach and power for any CW around. He could also take a big hitting HW’s punch, hence no CW KOs him easily.

The only CW who could cause him trouble would be an infighting expert who moves well enough to get close to him without eating the kiss of death for 12 rounds. Such a guy does not exist at CW today.

<{katwhu}>
Usyk at Heavyweight = High risk-low reward
Joshua might vacate WBO title, potential fight against Usyk in jeopardy
Usyk is not on my list, he is a no name - Tyson Fury
<{vega}>
<{Ray1}>
SHHHHHHHHHook

Gassiev imo has the right kind of skill set, durable chin with power on the inside. But he just looked terrible his last fight and now hes a heavyweight I guess

He'll never win one of the big 4.
Hed win the IBO or WBU title or some shit.
He's literally about to win one within a couple months....his next fight will be for wbo

Back