• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are there any actual Tito Ortiz fans on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say I'm a die hard, but I'm definitely a fan of his after seeing him coach on the Ultimate Fighter. He genuinely seemed to care, and it became fairly obvious that his bad boy rep was a business decision. A wise one at that.

Same, except when he fought and beat Liddell it reminded me that the same asshole was still there.
Well he aint no gracious winner thats for sure,but he must have been wanting to get revenge for a REAL LONG TIME

I wouldn't say I'm a die hard, but I'm definitely a fan of his after seeing him coach on the Ultimate Fighter. He genuinely seemed to care, and it became fairly obvious that his bad boy rep was a business decision. A wise one at that.

TUF 3 was a coming out party for Tito, in that he expanded his fan base..

It was an utter humiliation Ken.. His team fucking hated him..

I have never ever met or heard of a single diehard Tito Ortiz fan, do they even exist? If you're a die hard tito Ortiz fan, please let me now, I wanna hear your reasoning behind why he's one of your favs
Jacob Ortiz and his flaming shorts made a name off avoiding Prime Chuck Liddell and beating up MWs(Elvis Sinosic) and getting his coolo(sp?) handed to him by ANOTHER MW(Frank Shamrock) and COMPLETELY DOMINATED BY anyone who was any good at the time(Randy, Chuck) etc....

He can’t form a coherent sentence and is overall just comedy relief.

upload_2019-10-12_13-32-22.png

Never missed a fight back in the day, he was cream of the crop

I'm a fan

I don't understand how anyone can hate a fighter who got in there with Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, Wanderlei Silva, Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans, Forrest Griffin, Ryan Bader, Little Nog etc.

Ken Shamrock used to be my fav, so after Tito fucked him up I hated Tito, but had respect for him as well. He beat Wanderlei back in the day too. That was a fun time for MMA. Another thing that people forget was his first fight with Frank Shamrock. It was the first time a fighter fought his way up to a title fight and the fight itself was amazing. Frank was amazing for his time. Tito is a goof, but he did a lot for the sport. I sometimes miss the way the sport used to be.

All the old fuckers coming out in this thread

Tito Ortiz is the first North American mainstream fighter, without him there is no Conor, Ronda, etc.

ANY OG may or may not like Tee Toe but they respect what he’s done for MMA in the states. If it wasn’t for that petty feud with pink goof Dana they would credit what he’s done for the sport and educate the new fans.

<{titihmm}>

tenor.gif

Tito is and always was an embarrassment. Tank Abbot was more of a pioneer than Tito.

I have never ever met or heard of a single diehard Tito Ortiz fan, do they even exist? If you're a die hard tito Ortiz fan, please let me now, I wanna hear your reasoning behind why he's one of your favs

I'm not a die hard fan at all, but I respect the fact that Tito is a true pioneer of the sport.

Chito Ortiz deserves more credit for his work as a manager imo.

maxresdefault.jpg

Jacob Ortiz and his flaming shorts made a name off avoiding Prime Chuck Liddell and beating up MWs(Elvis Sinosic) and getting his coolo(sp?) handed to him by ANOTHER MW(Frank Shamrock) and COMPLETELY DOMINATED BY anyone who was any good at the time(Randy, Chuck) etc....

He can’t form a coherent sentence and is overall just comedy relief.

View attachment 660249
TBH i dont think he was afraid to fight Liddel. I really think he WAS holding out for more money. That would be the right thing to do in his position. He thought chuck was dumb for not caring about it. Maybe he had a point.

Fuck yeah I'm a fan of Tito. See by the fight, one of the best Light Heavy Weights of the night. Stop playing that violin with all that cheese and wine.

tito-ortiz-kid.jpg

The question is, ''If Tito died today, how would people react, how would he be remembered?"
To answer O.P's original question...
I was never a huge fan, but I remember being super pumped when he beat Based.
I also have his Jakks Pacific figure, complete in original box in my collection.

Well he aint no gracious winner thats for sure,but he must have been wanting to get revenge for a REAL LONG TIME
I guess he just convinced me that he had matured. There was literally no honor in taking that fight. I was a young kid when Tito was on top but not too young to know he was an immature jerk getting too much credit for beating up a well past it Ken Shamrock. I didn't follow the sport too closely back them but I knew the stars and I just never liked Tito's fighting style or his look. I just always thought, "no way in hell is he the best!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back