Are the people of Phoenix, Arizona in the United States of America the WORST MMA fans in the world?

At this point it's obvious TS just makes shit threads to honor troll his infamously shit thread for attention.

Rather than ban him, he should have to rematch that 115 lb girl who kicked his ass. I have the girl by KO in the first.

"Death threat"? It is debatable... If a brazilian do what some fuckers do on the brazilian soil, talking shit about people and stuff, maybe brazilians would be stigmatized too, or worse. Some people think they can do what they want in other people countries, but some americans are used to that, like we can see everyday, no? It is understandable.

And @Ivancho, "uh, vai morrer" is a cheerleading only. Strong words? I agree. But it is only a scream and nothing more.

Really kid?

Are you aware that MMA was banned in Rio de Janeiro for ten years?

Do you know about all the Gracies' shenanigans over the years, including Helio and Carlos Gracie going to prison for assault?

I doubt it. Keep living your best life.

It's not exclusive, but it's worse in Brazil. They boo loudly. They never cheer for anyone that isn't Brazilian. It's just a fact. In the US, lots of people not from here get cheered. Shit doesn't happen in Brazil.
You want to compare a sport that is almost "exclusive" to americans, the amount of american fighters and events in american soil, the frequency that fighters of other countries fight in USA, etc., etc., etc., to other countries? Doesn't make any sense this lack of arguments just because "your wife said" to prove a point. And even with all that, they boo fighters like yesterday as we could see.

I agree that some cultures are very different when we talk about cheering, but when we talk about something usual - UFC doing the same amount of events in Brazil, for instance - in that country, it will create a bond between fighters from other countries and the crowd and this would be dimished for sure. We need to be honest when comparing these things.

Really kid?

Are you aware that MMA was banned in Rio de Janeiro for ten years?

Do you know about all the Gracies' shenanigans over the years, including Helio and Carlos Gracie going to prison for assault?

I doubt it. Keep living your best life.
Banned? Paste the source here then.

And about Gracies, we are talking about MMA, not Gracies. I don't give a fuck about them - of course, short of good ones and the martial art they improved and transformed into a much better -, we are talking about MMA here. Stop tergiversating.

Last edited:
Moved to AZ a few years ago.. And man

Like someone else said in another thread I believe the people are weird and there are either a lot of landscaping Mexicans or hipsters who sort of live in a fantasy world out in the desert.

People seem like they don't have a concern in the world and don't really relate to anyone outside of AZ. I don't know if it's a climate thing or not but I have never met so many sheltered types of people. The only ones I've really liked talking to are transplants from other states like the rust belt (which a lot migrate from) and so forth.

A lot of weirdos, old people, religious folks, Latinos, etc but the women are beautiful.

Why not move back to where you were as a start to improving Phoenix? A very large percentage of people in Phoenix are from somewhere else by the way including yourself. Mexicans landscaping is a good thing. People are very concerned here in Phoenix and a lot of fighters come from Phoenix.
Mexicans are only 3.2% of the population while whites are 66% of the population. Women in most places are beautiful (post makeup).
There are plenty of young people and right now it is sunny and 50 degrees.

One of the large issues in Phoenix are the whiners from elsewhere who refuse to move elsewhere. TS, the answer is no.

Banned? Paste the source here then.

And about Gracies, we are talking about MMA, not Gracies. I don't give a fuck about them - of course, short of good ones -, we are talking about MMA here. Stop tergiversating.

From 2013... ban was in 1997

https://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/...eu-and-the-riot-that-got-mma-banned-in-rio-de

"MMAFighting.com called Eugenio Tadeu for his side of the story, and he believes the riot was good for the sport, despite the fact that it forced the government to ban every MMA event in Rio de Janeiro for almost ten years."

You want to compare a sport that is almost "exclusive" to americans, the amount of american fighters and events in american soil, the frequency that fighters of other countries fight in USA, etc., etc., etc., to other countries? Doesn't make any sense this lack of arguments just because "your wife said" to prove a point. And even with all that, they boo fighters like yesterday as we could see.

I agree that some cultures are very different when we talk about cheering, but when we talk about something usual - UFC doing the same amount of events in Brazil, for instance - in that country, it will create a bond between fighters from other countries and the crowd and this would be dimished for sure. We need to be honest when comparing these things.

The point about my wife is that she's proud of being from Brazil, and even she thinks all the booing is just overly obnoxious. You can try to justify it any way you want. Canadians don't act like that. Nobody in Asia acts like that. Brazilians are the only ones that act the way they do. You don't see Australians booing people not from Australia. None of those places get as many shows as the US and they still don't act like that.

Do a lot of places cheer their own? Yes. But they don't collectively boo everybody from somewhere else.

The point about my wife is that she's proud of being from Brazil, and even she thinks all the booing is just overly obnoxious. You can try to justify it any way you want. Canadians don't act like that. Nobody in Asia acts like that. Brazilians are the only ones that act the way they do. You don't see Australians booing people not from Australia. None of those places get as many shows as the US and they still don't act like that.

Do a lot of places cheer their own? Yes. But they don't collectively boo everybody from somewhere else.
Maybe because they don't have some american fighters talking bad about their country and stuff. If she really is proud of Brazil, she needs to see the entire scene and not just point a finger without thinking about the motivation.

Canada, Australia, Japan... Maybe you are right, these crowds are more polite because of their education. Again, you need to compare the proper data instead of talking without any arguments, just pointing a finger and nothing more. But, even if Brazilians are more... "uneducated", they are the creators of the sport. Curious, huh.

Just caught up on the UFC card last night. Jesus Christ the amount of boos from the crowd.

Punch? Booooooooooooooooooo!

Kick? Booooooooooooooooooo!

Clinch? Booooooooooooooooooo!

Take down? Booooooooooooooooooo!

KO? Booooooooooooooooooo!

The UFC should never go back to Phoenix. The fighters deserve better and the UFC should host more events where real the fans are.

Dumb comment for a dumb person.
An ENTIRE city?
Really...delete your account.

Maybe because they don't have some american fighters talking bad about their country and stuff. If she really is proud of Brazil, she needs to see the entire scene and not just point a finger without thinking about the motivation.

Canada, Australia, Japan... Maybe you are right, these crowds are more polite because of their education. Again, you need to compare the proper data instead of talking without any arguments, just pointing a finger and nothing more. But, even if Brazilians are more... "uneducated", they are the creators of the sport. Curious, huh.

They've had 2 guys talk shit about their country. They still boo everybody else that had nothing to do with any of it.

That second part...you called Brazilians uneducated, not me. I know a lot of Brazilian people. Most of them went to private school in Brazil, and they're college graduates. Your argument has failed.

They've had 2 guys talk shit about their country. They still boo everybody else that had nothing to do with any of it.

That second part...you called Brazilians uneducated, not me. I know a lot of Brazilian people. Most of them went to private school in Brazil, and they're college graduates. Your argument has failed.
Maybe you need to study about quotation marks and context.

Your wife and these two guys doesn't mean anything. We have americans who talk shit too about their own country, like we have canadians who do the same, australians... So what?

And stop tergiversating. Put some solid arguments here instead of talking bullshit about others countries without knowing nothing. Shame by others.

I understand quotation marks. You quoted yourself as if it was something I said.

There really isn't an argument. Brazilians obnoxiously boo people from other countries that are fighting Brazilians. You don't see that anywhere else. That was my whole point. I had no other argument.

tenor.gif

I understand quotation marks. You quoted yourself as if it was something I said.

There really isn't an argument. Brazilians obnoxiously boo people from other countries that are fighting Brazilians. You don't see that anywhere else. That was my whole point. I had no other argument.
Without arguments, lol... I understand. Then, we agree to disagree. Hope next time you study some quotations marks and context, and bring more solid arguments than these. Because almost looked like a Trump supporter. Good luck.

Without arguments, lol... I understand. Then, we agree to disagree. Hope next time you study some quotations marks and context, and bring more solid arguments than these. Because almost looked like a Trump supporter. Good luck.
Dude you are delusional thinking you won some shit.

Back