Are Supercars Good Investments

I guess it depends on if you actually intend to be a trader. As a personal vanity, it's...not good. Unless of course you're rich, and want to be the collector, and not the guy spending his life savings suping up a car to sell to the collector.

Suping up a car will ruin it's value. It needs to be stock to be worth anything.

Jay Leno has Millions of dollars invested in his collection and I think it has gone up in value over the yrs.
Because Jay Leno knows what’s he’s doing, you, on the other hand, don’t.

That is true, but like I was saying earlier the US has a large production. They're climbing up in my country as a lot in my country, there are only so many 80's / 90's RWD sports cars you can buy.
Can't imagine why they'd be popular in Australia. Isn't it all flat straight roads there? Are you allowed to import cars from other countries?
Because Jay Leno knows what’s he’s doing, you, on the other hand, don’t.
Jay chooses his cars wisely. Only shells out for cars that fill a unique demand and will be remain highly desirable years later. Rich guys like Floyd just buy whatever looks cool at the time, based on nothing but temporary hype.
Floyd-Mayweathers-White-Car-Collection-0.jpg

All of these cars put together are worth less than Jay's McLaren F1. And it's still appreciating. Every single one of Floyd's cars is rapidly losing value. Although he apparently has a LaFerrari as well, and that should hold its value.

Cars are pretty much never an investment. You'll have costs in the form of gas, insurance, registration/inspections, and maintenance. Not only do more expensive cars lose value faster, but they're significantly more expensive to insure, fuel, and (especially) maintain.

Better off buying a less expensive car like a ZL1 Camaro, Shelby Mustang or an SRT Challenger and garaging it for 25 years and put a couple hundred miles on it. The ROI will be better. Just like people who garaged those kinds of cars in the late 60s/early 70s and kept them original for 30 years.
The problem is that everyone that buys a car like that treats it like a garage queen. The production numbers arent low enough to keep any value. The reason that original numbers matching MOPAR Hemi/440 6 pack cars are worth what they are is because they are 1/1 with those options or there were only 60 made and 58 were wrapped around trees, not 5000 .

Toyota corolla is a good investment

Because that shit never dies and can survive ww3

Jay Leno has Millions of dollars invested in his collection and I think it has gone up in value over the yrs.
that's due to them being collector cars not some 2.1 million usd Koenigsegg Agera that may or may not go up in price in the foreseeable future. The Ferrari Enzo has went up alot from it's base price but it only cost 670K not a million+ like you see with cars from Buggatti and Koenigsegg. In auctions like Mecum they seems to do ok if you buy them and never drive them but who the fuck would ever buy a car just to keep it locked up?

Can't imagine why they'd be popular in Australia. Isn't it all flat straight roads there? Are you allowed to import cars from other countries?

Nah, plenty of hills to use. There's a fair few of them, but to find a clean original one (I'm talking NA pop up headlights) that hasn't been touched is a rarity. Most have well beyond 250XXX now, 90's original German / Jap RWD sports cars are becoming increasingly hard to find, lot of them written off or turned into drift / track cars. MX-5's haven't got to that point yet, but are slowly increasing in value.

a car, doesnt matter what car it is never an investment, is an expense

Not always.

Look at the prices of mopar muscle today. It would have been very wise to stock up on those when they were dirt cheap.

Hell, I bought an old dodge diesel with super low mileage and absolutely flawless 10 years ago for 7k. I could over double my money now easily - I’ve hs many offers.

Generally, no but collectibility does matter and some vehicles appreciate in value. A select few but they’re out there.

My late father’s 07 classic style LBZ duramax sold for over 20k. He told me he paid 10ish 6 years ago

I just saw Motorweek's segment saying Huracan Evo is around $260k. It that as effective of a pussy magnet as the more expensive Lambos?

That car is not rare enough to retain its value off the lot. If you keep it mint, in like 20 years the value will sky rocket.

The 918 is a car that will go up in price almost right away. Any Pagani, the higher end Ferraris, the McLaren P1 and F1, and any Koenigsegg are good investments provided they stay mint.

It's a good day when you don't lose money owning a supercar for a few years, so I'd consider that a pretty terrible investment compared to other options.
New 911s especially aren't holding their value. You can even get a Gt3 RS now for under 150K. When some of the top of the range models are dropping its not good for the lineup.

If you want a car that MAY appreciate maybe look at a 458. Last NA Ferrari Mid ship platform. Lotus Elises and Exiges may appreciate because people keep crashing them and literally a new car will never be sold like that again.
Cheaper cars, is seems like Ferrari 355s have hit bottom. The styling's just old enough to start to look good again, and you can pick up a gated manual convertible for 65K, prob not going to be that way for long.

The problem with “investing” in most cars is that have to keep it in pristine shape and the mileage low.

Gold, Silver, Properties, Cryptocurrencies and Investment Funds.

Back