Are Supercars Good Investments

A Porche 911 isn't really a supercar. Lots of people have them and they don't really hold their value. You need to up your game to a Lambo, Buggatti, Morgan, or some other rare Exotic to have anything with investment value. Rare being the key word. Porche 911's are a dime a dozen.

A Porche 911 isn't really a supercar. Lots of people have them and they don't really hold their value. You need to up your game to a Lambo, Buggatti, Morgan, or some other rare Exotic to have anything with investment value. Rare being the key word. Porche 911's are a dime a dozen.
lol Lambos and Bugattis have much worse depreciation than 911's. Dunno about Morgan prices because we don't have them here. A car doesn't need to be exotic to be collectible. Right now, the hottest used car segment are 90's body on frame SUV's.
1989_jeep_grand_wagoneer_1543430327da4d93c1c474Jeep-3-940x599.jpg

This one's selling for 90k, skyrocketing from ~15k a few years ago.

This one's 100k.
205cc5c14f242076cbbe7da19fe7a8de.jpeg

And this is 220k.
https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F10%2FFJ-Company-Canepa-002a.jpg%3Fquality%3D85

Porsche 911 GT3 / GT2 RS.2 will never lose money, only go up.

All other Porsches drop like a stone.

Supercars are the worst investment, can get a once 150k McLaren or 458 for 90k
GT3 Prices are already dropping. Even RS versions. The only one holding steady are the 996 and 997's and that's because they're the last ones with manual transmission. And this was happening even before the Coronavirus market collapse. I imagine it has gotten a lot worse.
screenshot-www-thedrive-com-2020-04-07-21-03-17.png

Dont you work at UPS?

No offense bro, but no, dont tie up 200k in a car you arent even going to drive and enjoy

lol Lambos and Bugattis have much worse depreciation than 911's. Dunno about Morgan prices because we don't have them here. A car doesn't need to be exotic to be collectible. Right now, the hottest used car segment are 90's body on frame SUV's.
1989_jeep_grand_wagoneer_1543430327da4d93c1c474Jeep-3-940x599.jpg

This one's selling for 90k, skyrocketing from ~15k a few years ago.

This one's 100k.
205cc5c14f242076cbbe7da19fe7a8de.jpeg

And this is 220k.
https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F10%2FFJ-Company-Canepa-002a.jpg%3Fquality%3D85

GT3 Prices are already dropping. Even RS versions. The only one holding steady are the 996 and 997's and that's because they're the last ones with manual transmission. And this was happening even before the Coronavirus market collapse. I imagine it has gotten a lot worse.
screenshot-www-thedrive-com-2020-04-07-21-03-17.png

Hey man. I said RARE ones. I binge watched every single epidode of Wheeler Dealers AND Restoration Garage and I consider myself an expert. What shows have YOU seen? Huh? Yeah. That's what I thought... ;)

Last edited:
I hate to be the Doug Demuro guy, but he does talk about which cars are appreciating in value on his youtube videos.

It's not necessarily the supercars though. Most lambos either hold or depreciate in value, where as something ratty like an MR2 has skyrocketed over the years. Also if I'm not mistaken the Mark IV Supra is like double its original market value these days.

For a 200g car you'd need to get laid at least 200 times by random hot car hos to make anything close to your investment

I was looking at the 2021 Poresche 911 and its so pretty but at 200K will I ever be able to get my money back out of it if I was to use it as show car and keep it pretty new. Ferrari and Lambos seem to for crazy highs prices at auction houses but are those very special one or do all Supercars hold their value?

sexy bitch.
2021-porsche-911-turbo-s-coupe-first-drive.jpg
I like horses

No.

Unless your income is pretty secure.

Useful & reliable vehicles are for me. I've got Tacoma that is practically bulletproof.

What about the new Vette. They say they stopped production of it cause Conora. So limited number of these coming out this yr.

2020-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-054a.jpg

I hate to be the Doug Demuro guy, but he does talk about which cars are appreciating in value on his youtube videos.

It's not necessarily the supercars though. Most lambos either hold or depreciate in value, where as something ratty like an MR2 has skyrocketed over the years. Also if I'm not mistaken the Mark IV Supra is like double its original market value these days.

Agreed old Japan / Euro sports cars are the way to go, Miata's / MX-5 will be the next to take off.

Yep, the reason why these 90's cars are such great investments is because they hit the bottom of their depreciation curve and reversing trajectory. They have nowhere to go but up.

Supercars, especially recent ones, sink like a stone. You can pick up a BMW i8 for under 80k now, less than the current price for an 90's Integra Type R in mint condition.
2019-BMW-i8-Roadster-pricing-revealed.jpg

screenshot-jalopnik-com-2020-04-07-21-27-05.png

And you can get a Maserati Quattroporte for ~60k, which is a ridiculous bargain for an Italian V8.
2015_Maserati_Quattroporte_DV6_Automatic_3.0_Front.jpg

floyd mayweather lost like 4 million dollars when he sold his old bugattis the market for super cars is not as good as people think. his koeniegsegg he bought for 4.7 million was also only selling for 1.9 million.
https://www.businessinsider.com/floyd-mayweather-car-koenigsegg-ccxr-trevita-bugatti-2017-4
Floyd has really bad taste in cars. None of his cars will hold value except the Huayra. Bugattis and Rolls especially are notorious for losing half their value instantly.
Agreed old Japan / Euro sports cars are the way to go, Miata's / MX-5 will be the next to take off.
lol there are millions of Miatas out there. You need some rarity before prices climb.

Last edited:
Unless it’s super exclusive special addition of a storied brand. But even then the collectors would value you never driving it. What’s the point.

What bout a late 70s Corrola?

If it's factory manual and coupe, for sure. Really depends how much you can find one for, Corolla's were never intended for performance but rather a cheap reliable commuter but over time like Datsuns, have developed a cult following for tuning & rally.

I use to own this piece of shit Corolla at one point, couldn't afford an AE86 so obtained the closest thing. 4AGE motor swap, botched up suspension, locker...one of the funnest cars I ever owned.
b2883a8e9b52df22dcd5f177501fb5b2.jpg

lol there are millions of Miatas out there. You need some rarity before prices climb.

That is true, but like I was saying earlier the US has a large production. They're climbing up in my country as a lot in my country, there are only so many 80's / 90's RWD sports cars you can buy.

I guess it depends on if you actually intend to be a trader. As a personal vanity, it's...not good. Unless of course you're rich, and want to be the collector, and not the guy spending his life savings suping up a car to sell to the collector.

Yes, it's a great idea TS.

I will have my butler get you a list of recommended cars.

Back