• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are school shootings simply the result of capitalism?

Well, I mean, sure... if you just want to ignore the guy that shot 500 people at a concert just a few months ago.

That was not classified as an auto.

And the only bump stock shooting since they have been around.
Automatic weapons are tightly controled.

The freedom to defend their rights if required and themselfs and their family's.

Currently I'd say we're fine, though things are beginning to slowly escalate in certain suburbs near my area.

People forget when the US government forcefully put 100,000+ people in internment camps. Majority of US citizens.

I don't know what kind of fucked up world you live in, but in Australia this is just a retarded thing to say.

Defend my rights against what? Everything here is pretty fucking sweet, we have free health, free education (until college/university, at which point it is an interest free loan from the Government), no-one is ever going to come 'storm my house', the police are friendly and shootings basically are non existant. If someone gets shot it is big news because guess what, it is pretty fucking rare.

I can leave my front door unlocked and I bet no-one would break in for a whole year.

It's safe, I know my neighbours, my rights are fucking a-okay. WTF are you smoking? What world do you think I live in???

I don't care what world you live, I still would rather have the freedoms I have here.

That was not classified as an auto.

And the only bump stock shooting since they have been around.
Automatic weapons are tightly controled.

Oh, it wasn't an automatic.

All good then.

I guess having assault rifles that allow you to shoot 500 people in like 6 minutes are okay then.... as long as they're not classified as full auto.

Currently I'd say we're fine, though things are beginning to slowly escalate in certain suburbs near my area.

People forget when the US government forcefully put 100,000+ people in internment camps. Majority of US citizens.

They didn't forget.

They were too fucking stupid and didn't pay attention, or they were never told about it.

Oh, it wasn't an automatic.

All good then.

I guess having assault rifles that allow you to shoot 500 people in like 6 minutes are okay then.... as long as they're not classified as full auto.

We will see what becomes of bump stocks and the regulations.

America glorifies violence and people have access to guns they aren't qualified to own. The laws that are currently in place would work if they were enforced. Having more laws isn't going to change anything because the ones that are supposed to be enforcing current laws can't even get it right. I'm a gun owner and sportsman and I think more people would be open to talk of legislation if we truly thought it would work. The reasons we all shut the shit down when you bring up gun laws is:
First, most of you don't know shit about guns. Y'all think any assault rifle is an automatic for Christ sake.
Second, y'all want to start going crazy with shit wanting to ban everything as soon as we even contemplate allowing legislation.

Maybe it's cause people don't really care about the difference between a semi-auto assault rifle and an automatic.

If you can kill 50 people with it within 5 minutes... it probably shouldn't be given to people.

They didn't forget.

They were too fucking stupid and didn't pay attention, or they were never told about it.

Good song. It was brutal and wasn't even that long ago. What's the difference between the government now and then? I'd say not much.
Did those Americans have a choice? No.
I'm not saying, if they were armed it would've changed the outcome.

Maybe it's cause people don't really care about the difference between a semi-auto assault rifle and an automatic.

If you can kill 50 people with it within 5 minutes... it probably shouldn't be given to people.

Like a truck.

Good song. It was brutal and wasn't even that long ago. What's the difference between the government now and then? I'd say not much.
Did those Americans have a choice? No.
I'm not saying, if they were armed it would've changed the outcome.

It never would have happened if they were armed.

The government isn't going to round up 100,000 armed resisting citizens.

The Japanese Americans did exactly what the German Jews did. They trusted their government, didn't resist, and went willingly.

Worked out for one, didn't work out for the other.

I won't take that risk for my family and I, ever.

I think its more Murkan culture which makes it too easy for anyone including mentally ill people buy guns while simultaneously making it near impossible to get any sort of mental health care.

Back