Social Are police too friendly with the proud boys?

The proud boys are literally there to cause trouble, you'd think that would be something the cops would try and avoid instead of encourage it and then complain that there's violence. The real brain teaser here is why people are surprised there's criticism of cops when even cop defenders are basically admitting they don't do their job.
Cops will always do more for people who calmly ask them for help. This is common sense. It's interesting how you call for police to be 100% impartial while you are fine with people not being impartial with police.

They are, but they shouldn't be. I know its easier for them to support Proud Boys due to the support they get back from them as opposed to a lot of the protest groups who do not have amicable relationship with law enforcement. That being said, a police officer is suppose to be impartial. Their human so they make mistakes, I get that. I just think a bigger effort needs to be made to be impartial when dealing with both groups. Not an easy task given the attitudes they receive back, but that should not matter. Police officers are given a special level of power and responsibility, so I think it is only fair to hold them to a higher standard than your average citizen who does not have that level of power or responsibility.

Cops will always do more for people who calmly ask them for help. This is common sense. It's interesting how you call for police to be 100% impartial while you are fine with people not being impartial with police.

The left's absurd double standards and glaring hypocrisy is what has turned me away from the left. Lefties are always placing standards and high expectations on everyone else except for their own. Policing is just another example. The police are expected to be saintly pacifists who turn the other cheek regardless of the situation while the people they are policing can be as unruly, dangerous, violent and vulgar as they want to be and the police are criminals for stopping them.

The left's absurd double standards and glaring hypocrisy is what has turned me away from the left. Lefties are always placing standards and high expectations on everyone else except for their own. Policing is just another example. The police are expected to be saintly pacifists who turn the other cheek regardless of the situation while the people they are policing can be as unruly, dangerous, violent and vulgar as they want to be and the police are criminals for stopping them.
That isn't a double standard at all. The police have more power and responsibility than those they police, they absolutely should be held to a higher standard than a regular citizen.

That isn't a double standard at all. The police have more power and responsibility than those they police, they absolutely should be held to a higher standard than a regular citizen.
i mean yeah that is literally in the job description. it’s not “protect and serve.... unless u get angry”

0.001% vs 0.000%
Something like that.

Perhaps we should further extrapolate, and ask the same question with the presumption that the various LEO agencies would have no policy against public proclamation of belonging to one of the two organizations.

how do? Unless you buy into them being a terrorist or criminal organization. On the other side, people want to see police form relationships with gangs to head off violence , why not the pb?
The police extend courtesies to the proud boys that they do not come close to extending to leftist protesters. With leftists they go out of their way to look for any excuse to give them the business. The contrast is pretty stark.

I'm not saying police should start treating proud boys like shit, but they should extend the same courtesy to leftist protesters. But they're clearly playing favorites, there is zero doubt about that.

I certainly agree that people in positions of power must be held to a higher standard, but expecting the police to ultimately be saintly Gandhian pacifists while the regular citizen is not held to any standards is ridiculous. There must be some standards regarding the behavior of regular citizens too.

The police extend courtesies to the proud boys that they do not come close to extending to leftist protesters. With leftists they go out of their way to look for any excuse to give them the business. The contrast is pretty stark.

It helps that the Proud Boys aren't out there Burning, Looting and Murdering like the leftists protesters are.

I certainly agree that people in positions of power must be held to a higher standard, but expecting the police to ultimately be a saintly Gandhian pacifist while the regular citizen is not held to any standards is ridiculous. There must be some standards regarding the behavior of regular citizens too.
I don't think you agree at all. Your post I responded made it seem very clear you think its unfair cops are held to a different standard. I am firmly in the fuck looters and rioters camp, but I'll never be ok with cops lowering themselves to that level. They are suppose to act better so I will expect better from them.

It helps that the Proud Boys aren't out there Burning, Looting and Murdering like the leftists protesters are.
Not true at all, the proud boys are in almost every case the instigators, its their ethos and reason for existence to stir the pot. They go out of their way to agitate and provoke which leads to brawls and a general break down in order. On the other hand clearly peaceful protesters get their heads cracked by the police simply because they're on the left. Police are majority right wing assholes, its no mystery. They're taking care of their own.

Not true at all, the proud boys are in almost every case the instigators, its their ethos and reason for existence to stir the pot. They go out of their way to agitate and provoke which leads to brawls and a general break down in order. On the other hand clearly peaceful protesters get their heads cracked by the police simply because they're on the left. Police are majority right wing assholes, its no mystery. They're taking care of their own.

I'm sure you're just mixing them up with Antifa

As someone who worked in restaurants for around 15 years I can promise you that the customers who treated the staff like shit weren’t treated the same as the nice ones. In fact I’ve seen some gross things happen to their food and drinks.

Off course they are too friendly. White nationalism and law enforcement have always went hand to hand.

Back