• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are people really buying Conors whiskey?

You're full of shit. You've probably never had real cheap bourbon/whisky/vodka that tastes like paint thinner

Connor's whiskey is horrible. I tried it next to "Alberta Whiskey" which is the paint thinner around here. It was 20x better than Connor's.

Be a fanboy all you want, but if you think Connor's booze is good, I wonder how your taste buds are so messed up. Eat some bad strange this year? Get that shit checked out.

So you're telling me that you've had Conor's actual piss in your mouth?

<{1-17}>
Yes. I was dumb enough to drink his awful whiskey. Technically anyone who's had a sip has touched Connor's pee pee to their lips.

but be honest is this the first time youve ever drank whiskey? because no whiskey really "tastes good"

No whiskey tastes good? Try Crown Royal Reserve, Gilead's Crimson Rye. Both top notch whiskeys. Just need ice.

First: I value the opinion of 100 average joes more than that of one self-appointed whikey guru.

Just look through this topic though; there's about 3 or 4 guys at least saying how shit it is. Average joes who also happen to drink whiskey without coke or ice and enjoy it.

Second: I'd rather taste the whikey myself and form an opinion, instead of hating on something just because someone else said so.

Fair call. I plan on buying a bottle if I find it on shelf next time I'm in store. As of a couple of weeks ago, none of the stores I frequent stock Proper Twelve.

Third: So-called professional critics tend to have absurd standards. In the movie industry, for example, the "critics" and "connoisseurs" will give high ratings to absolutely boring Oscar bait films, and trash thoroughly movies like Lord of War.

Fair enough. Again though, back to point 1: there's guys in this thread that say it's ass.

I haven’t even been across any place that sells it yet.

Conor McGregor is so imbedded in the minds of some of you it’s hilarious. He’s got you pretending to be whiskey connoisseurs. He could say or do anything and you’d take the opposite stance. You are also going to buy his next fight, you know that you are. It doesn’t even matter who he fights, you are going to watch hoping he loses so you can make new threads. You are making him so much money. Next time you are thinking about him know that he’s not thinking about you but he appreciates your contributions to his bank account.

I've never bought a Conor McGregor card.

My contribution to his bank account is $0.

Also, his whiskey fucking sucks and is for people who normally drink Colt 45's and smoke Lucky Strikes while playing dice in an alley.

I actually had to unfollow McGregor on twitter, the constant walls of Proper retweets and ads were incredibly annoying

The last time I checked (late nov-early dec) several big NYC liquor stors were out of it and had no idea when the next shipment is coming. About a month before a smaller store tried to sell a bottle to me for almost 3x the price.

You don't see it in pubs in Dublin. Which tells you something.

Salty bums on Sherdog say it tastes like piss or claim it is getting bad reviews, but reputable whiskey review sites describe it as either "unoffensive" or "not bad but nothing special".
They rushed it to market in the legal minimum time it takes to be allowed to call it whiskey so how good can it really be.
One reviewer pointed out that the bottle on sale in Europe is the American size 25.5oz (750ml) which is illegal because spirits are sold in 700ml qty. So European sales have a 750ml bottle with 700ml of fluid in it and they look weird because of that. This points to issues in their supply chain and makes it look like this is really for the American market.

By all accounts other, better, distillations have been laid down to mature and be released over the coming years.

PS
Don't come at me brah. IMO all Whiskey tastes bad and don't get me started on Whisky. Swamp-water that hipsters pretend they love like some kind of modern Emperors New Clothes.

I'd buy one & i don't even really like Whiskey.

Happy to support an entertaining fighter make money outside of the cage.
Hope that annoys you TS you crybaby.
You seem too obsessed with it.
Oh look, another Conor fan calling someone obsessed.

But you're what's wrong with this. You're just like everyone else, going out and buying a bottle to support the fighter, but i'm doubting he's getting repeat business from you. You're just doing it to be cool and troll people who can't see value in what you yourself are obsessing over. The only repeat buyers are obsessed Conor dickriders.

For the price point, no one I know drinks Proper 12 over their regular choice of whiskey. The majority of my whiskey drinking friends didn't even know it existed. More of my non-whiskey drinking friends knew it about it. Funny they are also casual UFC watchers who like Conor.

Conor marketed this for stupid casuals to buy and it worked. It has you here defending it for no good reason, as well as buying overpriced whiskey you don't even like. You're a moron.

A high profile celeb brings out a product and the people go crazy for it......nothing new to see here. People just buy the product to take a picture of them with it and tag conor hoping he retweets it. They Probably don't even drink whisky lol

I get it did well for the initial launch because of Conor Khabib but all the reviews were terrible. (I tried it and didnt think it was bad but im the furthest thing from a whiskey drinker). Rogan said its doing extremely well. Is that true? Whos buying it? Seemed kinda expensive for shitty whiskey.
I bought a bottle for the fight as a joke and a bottle of Russia vodka

I had them facing off on the coffee table lol.

Anyway, I prefer McCallen for a drinking whiskey, but Conor’s stuff goes real well in my coffee it turns out.

Will buy another bottle to put some in my coffee here and there , but st the rate I use it a bottle might last me a year or better.

I can’t get my two bottles of the Proper 12 from the US through customs to check on how full of shit I am (because I think they’re sweetening the US brand) in a certain thread. Otherwise in Ireland they’ve buying it.

You don't see it in pubs in Dublin. Which tells you something.

Salty bums on Sherdog say it tastes like piss or claim it is getting bad reviews, but reputable whiskey review sites describe it as either "unoffensive" or "not bad but nothing special".
They rushed it to market in the legal minimum time it takes to be allowed to call it whiskey so how good can it really be.
One reviewer pointed out that the bottle on sale in Europe is the American size 25.5oz (750ml) which is illegal because spirits are sold in 700ml qty. So European sales have a 750ml bottle with 700ml of fluid in it and they look weird because of that. This points to issues in their supply chain and makes it look like this is really for the American market.

By all accounts other, better, distillations have been laid down to mature and be released over the coming years.

PS
Don't come at me brah. IMO all Whiskey tastes bad and don't get me started on Whisky. Swamp-water that hipsters pretend they love like some kind of modern Emperors New Clothes.

Interesting.

I’m suspicious that the US and EU versions are different and that the US is sweetened piss water which wouldn’t meet EU ‘whiskey’ definitions.

From what I heard its actually not bad for a cheap whiskey. Its just the fad to shit on everything McGregor. I am personally not a whiskey drinker but will try this if I ever see it on shelf.

Back