Are most beard products a scam?

It far from dry but ok...thats the wonderful grey you're seeing lol.

I am looking at a dry unoiled beard that is so common because a lot of old guys don't take care of their beards. Beard care is severely neglected compared to hair on people's heads. You still see stories on forums of people washing out their beards with a bar of soap and then complaining about dandruff.

I am looking at a dry unoiled beard that is so common because a lot of old guys don't take care of their beards. Beard care is severely neglected compared to hair on people's heads. You still see stories on forums of people washing out their beards with a bar of soap and then complaining about dandruff.

I wash and condition it.

They just make your beard look shiny and soft. Oils.

I've used a few different things, but found that regular hair products work as good as anything. I shampoo and condition, and use a little styling product in the morning to keep all the hairs contained and avoid that frizzy look.

I also play Pantera directly into my face daily to stimulate the hair follicles.

That’s not really good to use often as it kills both good and bad bacteria as well as eating away your flesh.
Maybe for sterilizing your toothbrush

Damn well I only do it once and a while

I only use a combo shampoo / conditioner. I like it because it’s one step and it won’t give you acne since it’s made for the face.

I've used a few different things, but found that regular hair products work as good as anything. I shampoo and condition, and use a little styling product in the morning to keep all the hairs contained and avoid that frizzy look.

I also play Pantera directly into my face daily to stimulate the hair follicles.

I use coconut shampoo just because that leaves more oil. The only problem I run into is that when I get a longer beard, the skin can get really dry and build up dandruff if it is not oiled. Your head produces way more oil to keep it from drying out than your face and your beard acts like a wick and pulls away all your face skin oils.

As far as the stuff that’s supposed to “stimulate” beard growth—probably. But I’ve noticed that when I use a good beard balm I get compliments on how good that it smells and I don’t get beard dandruff.

Shaving seems to do more to stimulate beard growth than anything.

I've had a beard since the 1970s because I get too many ingrown hairs when I shaved. As a mechanic, it always got dirty and oily and often singed. I use Dawn dish washing liquid to get it clean. I shave my neck and upper cheeks above nostril level to keep from going full mountain man. I keep it fairly short in the summer and longer in the winter but about 3 inches long at most. I keep about 3/4 inch below my lower lip shaved and the mustache just at the upper edge of the upper lip. I've never used any oils or waxes.

Only use this,
coconut oil,
usually used for damaged hair
but find it amazing for my beard.

palmers-vaporisateur-racines-solides-a-lhuile-de-coco-150-ml.png
This. I wash my hair with baby shampoo only, as I have cirrhosis. I occasionally put some coconut oil in there too, and on my beard.

I have containers of this (below skin cream) in almost every room in my house and in my car for easy access, as I get dry skin a lot. The worst is washing your hands when out and not having it. It works great for the skin under my beard mainly, but helps it as well. It's usually beside a box of kleenex at my desk too, everyone thinks it's for jerking off lol.

xSt.Ives-Soothing-Body-Lotion-Oatmeal.png.pagespeed.ic.QVoVBrZ-UA.png

Good thing for you we have the kings of beards here.
@StonedLemur what say you?
@THE Red Beard might as well chime in as well,
Answers here from two of our cool Bearded Bros !​

I use typical shampoo and conditioner
Most ingredients are from the same vats in the production facilities.
Could be that even shampoo is a "marketing ploy by (hair) companies
I've heard the same thing about shampoo
Similar ingredients for head hair & beards.​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back