Are Lorde's new singles actually... Kind of good?

I don't really enjoy the simplistic beats and music she uses in a lot of her songs. It doesn't seem "powerful" enough, like there's no huge build up to anything. More like an indy pop chick though.

I don't really enjoy the simplistic beats and music she uses in a lot of her songs. It doesn't seem "powerful" enough, like there's no huge build up to anything. More like an indy pop chick though.

I find a lot of artist's first albums are like this. Very simple and raw. Lets see what her 2nd album will be like

I find a lot of artist's first albums are like this. Very simple and raw. Lets see what her 2nd album will be like

I don't know if they will give her any artistic freedom, the industry and the music is controlled by know-nothing half-suits who really need to be checked and not taken so seriously as to tell "musicians" what they are going to make. But when you are dealing with mostly "hip-hop artists" it really lends to those suits just plugging in different people to what they want to sell. Does Lorde have and depth to her music chops? I'm not sure.. Maybe. Would be cool to see her front an actual band.

It's an awesome album and I was bumping Bravado before the album came out. No one started shit talking her until she got popular.

I understand some dudes can't listen to songs with female singers, but honestly, most of the good albums coming out these days are by women so you're just missing out. This and the most recent Lana Del Rey album are the best new albums I've heard in the last couple of years.

And regarding the post above, she made this album with one other dude in some shitty studio in Australia. There was almost no input from any 'suits'.

Last edited:
Royals is one of the worst written songs i've ever heard in my life.

Followed by "Cities" which I have to admit is a very well written song IMO. In fact, I don't even believe a 17 year old could have written that song.

Catchy, but these kind of songs never have any replay value. Pretty much all the music from this era will not even be played 5-10 years from now

Royals is one of the worst written songs i've ever heard in my life.

Followed by "Cities" which I have to admit is a very well written song IMO. In fact, I don't even believe a 17 year old could have written that song.

I hate Royals. Literally hate.

It's an awesome album and I was bumping Bravado before the album came out. No one started shit talking her until she got popular.

I understand some dudes can't listen to songs with female singers, but honestly, most of the good albums coming out these days are by women so you're just missing out. This and the most recent Lana Del Rey album are the best new albums I've heard in the last couple of years.

And regarding the post above, she made this album with one other dude in some shitty studio in Australia. There was almost no input from any 'suits'.

Ok.. But they are going to fkn be there now.

I don't know which is worse.

The music that Lorde shovels out to the public or the fans that eat it up as if its not just disposable pop.

Awesome voice considering how young she is and all but man do the local radio stations run her music into the ground.

I like whole album pretty much, the only music i hate its Royals, Team is the best music in the album imo

I'm usually not a fan of pop music, but I do dig Glory and Gore.

I hate Royals. Literally hate.

I really hate it too. Bad. Like I was absolutely dumbfounded when I first heard it. even more dumbfounded when people liked it.

Gonna look up if she actually wrote both songs. Makes no sense.

Awesome voice considering how young she is and all but man do the local radio stations run her music into the ground.

One of the most compelling reasons I can think of to avoid commercial radio like the fucking plague. Not only does most of it suck shit, but in the odd instance that an artist with some modicum of actual talent comes along, they end up being overplayed and just sink into the mire.

Back