Are Kid and Akiyama cut from UFC?

MixMartialFarts

Butters Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Neither guy is on the UFC on Fuel in Japan card and its starting to look pretty full. Have they been cut? Both guys are on losing streaks but still seem to be pretty popular in their home country so I'd be a little surprised if the UFC is not keeping them around. Anyone have any info?

Why would the ufc cut Sexy when he tore his ACL?

About Kid I dont know. Maybe he just retired.

There was a pic of the Japanese guys doing promo for the next Japan card and Kid was with them.

So he's probably still in the UFC.

I hope so

I preached they would be exposed but for some reason you guys will never learn

Kid has three losses in a row, last by submission and almost a year ago. His fighter profile is still up on UFC.com for what it's worth.

Kid has three losses in a row, last by submission and almost a year ago. His fighter profile is still up on UFC.com for what it's worth.

That actually says a lot

Ah why wouldnt they cut him when he tore his acl?

Because he was booked to fight Alves at UFC 149 and tore his acl. You dont cut a very popular fighter who tore his acl during a camp to fight Alves.

Rocket science here.

yea, the only guys that the UFC cut for a leg injury before a fight are guys named Sean Loeffler

Because he was booked to fight Alves at UFC 149 and tore his acl. You dont cut a very popular fighter who tore his acl during a camp to fight Alves.

Rocket science here.

Not everyone follows every fight announcement. Akiyama vs Alves was very easy to miss or forget. I forgot about it myself. If you're going to reply to a reasonable question try to answer in a less arsehole-like way. =]

Especially if you don't know the answer to the 2nd part of his question. Haha.

I think they'll both get 1 last chance before they get cut. I hope they both win.

Akiyama probably would have beaten Shields if he literally through 2 or 3 more punches. He did great in the grappling, actually outfought Shields in a lot of ways but forgot to throw any strikes.

sexyma is too busy filming a korean reality show about surviving in the jungle

true story...

making fire

1147CE4F4FBCC1CC3EE75B

Akiyama is not cut...dont know about Kid

I hope so

I preached they would be exposed but for some reason you guys will never learn

Exposed for what? getting old and having trouble with adjusting to a cage vs a ring? This has been happening forever.

The UFC just needs to throw Yamamoto into some big fights. They are paying him a ton and he has given them nothing in return. There is no point of booking him against guys like Vaughan Lee or Uyenoyama.

If Yamamoto loses to a top contender oh well, but it's just sad to see him to lose to mid-level fighters. I would much rather see him fight guys like Urijah, Bowles, Pickett, Jabouin, etc.

Kid was such a bust in the UFC.. I had such high hopes for him. He used to be a frigging monster.

Akiyama I can cut some slack.. he's fought a murderer's row of fighters since his debut and every fight has been very exciting. He needs a step down in competition. I felt like Belcher beat Sexy, but then again I think Sexy beat Shields. So that evens

Back