Are drop sets for strength or muscle size?

that 135 at the end must feel like heaven

depends on what you are training for. obviously, most of the badasses calling you a pussy for doing drops sets have never trained for a fight before. drop sets are going to build size more than strength, but are primarily better for gaining muscular endurance, something critical for those with the "gaping vaginas" that compete in combat sports

It seems like it depends on what you use it for. If your doing drop sets of preacher curls then go fuck yourself. If you doing something bad ass like Kroc then all the power to you. It all boils down to the same basic principles we preach here at S&P. Its just a specific application of said values.

depends on what you are training for. obviously, most of the badasses calling you a pussy for doing drops sets have never trained for a fight before. drop sets are going to build size more than strength, but are primarily better for gaining muscular endurance, something critical for those with the "gaping vaginas" that compete in combat sports

Don't misuse the term "Drop Sets".

drops sets are brutal, if I was a competitive or aspiring bodybuilder, I would use them about 70-80% of the time.

Years ago, I was doing a squat workout and I did something similar to the Kroc video, though I had been in the 550-615 range for most of my work sets and decided to drop back down to 495 for a final set, I think I got 7-8 reps with it and then I racked it and was hit with a sudden burst of inspiration and frogginess and I asked my spotters to pull of a 45 at each end, and then I backed out and did something like 6-7 reps, racked it, went to 315, then 225 and then to 135, I am embarrassed to say that 135 was the hardest as I could not even feel my legs. I rested for a few minutes, then went into shower and change, tired and wobbly in the lower body, but nothing unusual about that. I went over to my gf's house for the evening--actually her families house and we ate dinner and then sat on the couch to watch tv--maybe Alf, I dont remember and then it hit me, deep cramping aches, I could not get comfortable, I was squirming around, quads would go into violent spasms and everyone asked me what was wrong and I said, something about the workout and they just shook their heads, I was trying to lay down, then lay down with feet elevated, then on my side, fetal position, nothing, I finally excused myself and went home, hot shower, muscle rub, etc, nothing, imagine getting a "charley horse" that lasted about 12 hours, I did not sleep that entire night, just tossed and turned. I hate DOMS the next day, but no worse than usual.

A miserable experience indeed

that 135 at the end must feel like heaven

just the opposite in my experience. On two occasions in my life, I have gone down with a squat and just kept going, ie, "bottomed out" its one of the most helpless feelings in the world,,,almost like you are free falling, in both cases, my legs just gave out, neither time was the end of a tough set or anything like that, its like the floor has dropped. EVERYONE single rep of 135, and I think I did 9, felt like that, When I got done with the entire set I had so much spittle and snot on my face, I looked like CUJO

You actually sat there with your GF's parents and watched ALF?

*twitches*

Back