Are Brawlers with KO power the absolute worst match up for strikers?

For a quality striker, it's the best possible match up ??????

Lol.

Lol, what a retarded fanboi, your answer is in touch with your join date. (No need to tell you just got banned again mate)

Rich Franklin certainly was a bum, proof being Silva was the underdog before breaking his nose.

And let's not forget Griffin, who was the LHW champion one fight prior to that fight who never got bested by any fighter ever.
Silly stuff, I bet you wanted to watch GSP decision people with his stupid blanket, that's what we call exciting! <45>
I can't even understand what you're trying to communicate here.

Are you denying that Anderson Silva only beat three high level strikers in his career?

I'm quite certain I've been watching MMA and combat sports longer than you've been alive bro.

In MMA and Boxing the truly elite brawlers seem to give anyone a hard time no matter the skill set between them which I find fascinating. There punches can come at weird and uneven angles which make them hard to predict or counter and going blow for blow with them is a bad idea. Rewatching some of Wilders matches before his upcoming fight and the way he’d just windmill through his opponents is hilarious and frightening at the same time.

What is the purpose of this shitty thread?

Prime Anderson Silva made every top striker look like an amateur

Thats far from true.
Anderson didnt fight many top strikers during his prime, if any at all. There werent top strikers well rounded enough to make it to the top in mma, particularly at his weightlcass.

But when he fought any skilled striker, he didnt that good, let alone outclass him.

Franklin was doing well against him with his kickboxing. He didnt have a clue about defending a Thai plum though.

Cote, who was undesized and not exactly elite striker but had fundamentals, gave Anderson competitive rounds until the injury.

Lee Murray was a close striking battle, you actually can see Anderson going for TDs.

Then past his prime, had trouble with Bisping, who has good technical fundamentals standing.

A truly elite brawler doesn't exist, otherwise he would just be a truly elite striker. See what McNuggets did to elite brawler Eduardo Alvarez

this is false. see all the famous boxing greats that were also brawlers.

In MMA and Boxing the truly elite brawlers seem to give anyone a hard time no matter the skill set between them which I find fascinating. There punches can come at weird and uneven angles which make them hard to predict or counter and going blow for blow with them is a bad idea. Rewatching some of Wilders matches before his upcoming fight and the way he’d just windmill through his opponents is hilarious and frightening at the same time.
Wilder is a very smart fighter, I don't see how else you can explain him getting away with sloppy technique and then going on to KO his opponent almost every time. I can't chalk it all up to physical gifts, even his KO power, that's him knowing how to use his body. Not every tall, or athletic, guy can just do those things.

Yeah they can be if they are relentless with there pressure and can eat a punch or two too land their own. They'll still lose against superior technicians more often than not but they can make things much closer and rougher for their opponents then it should be on paper.

Spence vs Porter us the greatest example of this really and a great fight you should watch if you haven't seen it. Mayweather vs Maidana 1 is another good one.

I said prime Silva. Silva was not in his prime at 38 years of age
Nor did he "get starched". He took his gamesmanship too far showing off for his hero RJJ and ended up getting caught over extended and off balance by a punch he never saw coming that, had it not been for this perfect storm scenario, wouldn't be hard enough to KO a child.

But yeah, he was also 38 and had been showing signs of diminishing reflex's leading up too this so the outcome was inevitable and had it not been that night it would have been shortly there after.

That style is so brilliant and exciting to watch but father time always eventually shows up and steals that split timing from your reflexes if you stick around long enough and the story always has the same ending.

Completely depends on the striker. Some strikers pray on that kind of fighter. There are different kinds of strikers. Counter strikers, "boxers", boxer-puncher, swarmers, out fighters, etc and different combinations of them.

A good counter puncher loves a guy who just wants to come forward and exchange and is willing to go first. They prey on brawlers.

An out fighter who isn't that good off the back foot might hate to fight a brawler because he's going to close the distance without fear and continually push them backwards.

Wilder isn't a brawler. He gets sloppy at times but for the most part he's an out fighter who wants to throw 1-2s to set up his devastating right hand. Maybe you could put him in the boxer-puncher category because his punch selection is a bit wider than it used to be, but his bread and butter is the long right.

Wish more people responded to posts like you just did here, instead of fishing for likes trying to be funny and/or insulting with an easy one-liner. Well done.

Brawlers have very short half life and legacy in general

Everybody likes them for 5 mins in their fight but forget them in 10

The old adage in boxing, you Box a Brawler, and Brawl a Boxer.

Look what Maidana did to my man Mayweather, he whooped him in the first fight but Floyd got a gift. Brawlers are hard to fight because they are unorthodox, apply pressure, and hard to time.

I kind of get what ts is saying.
Of course brawlers are dangerous to anyone, as they tend to throw 100% power and swarm you.
But to say they’re the very worst matchup for a polished striker is quite silly. Prime Silva could have fought ten brawlers in one night and they all would have played right into his strength and got finished.
A great wrestler with solid striking/bjj would be the very worst matchup.

Back