AR-15 Accessories

Just qualified a few days ago on my M4 for predeployment. It was a change from what I'm used to. They did not let us use sandbags to zero or qual. Instead you dug your mag into the ground and used the magazine as a monopod. The guys with the bipod front grips couldn't use those either. Apparently the reasoning is since the barrel is not free floated, anything attached to the hand guard or pressing on the quad rails moves the point of impact from point of aim.

Felt weird as hell to shoot like that but worked pretty well. Shot 37 out of 40 on the 300 yd pop up range and perfect on night and NBC portions of the qual. We shot with ACOG'S which are awesome for distance shooting. All our rifles have PEQ15 lasers on em. I have a MAGPUL AFG and MAGPUL ACS stock with a VTAC 2 point sling. Pretty happy with my set up.

Can't you just free float it then? I'm obviously not familiar with what you are aloud to do with your gear. I have heard conflicting information about using your mags as a way to stabilize the rifle. On the magpul carbine DVD Travis mentions that it should not be an issue with current mag improvements. He said that if you are resting your mag on the ground and get a jam that you need to ditch the mag and upgrade. What mags were people using?

Can you use your own pmags? It sounds like you are able to change out the stock and stick an AFG on your rifle so I'm assuming you can use pmags?

Yeah, I bought my own PMags to use. Need to pick up a few more. Our supply guys tried to order some for our deployment but there is some catch in the supply orders process that if you order an item, say a PMag, and a like item is in the system that is cheaper, you get the cheaper one. The "Improved Army Magazines" we were issued are still the cheap tin POS ones.

You can basically add things to the rifle such as stocks, grips, fore grips, optics, etc. but you can't modify anything significant such as trying to free float the barrel, change triggers or something like that.

I just added one for fun too. I like it so far. Now just gotta go shooting.

mmm...magpie

DSC01076223_zps4ae2bb83.jpg

Nice just added one as well.

magpulAR_zpsd7bd4092.jpg

Anyone ever used frog lube on bcg?

Hell yea. I know about 5 or 6 other guys that use frog lube on their AR's & AK's as well. I like to use the paste form for all of my firearms. After continuous use, it only get better.

I think I'm going to make the switch to frog lube after my CLP Breakfree runs out. I eye ball it every time I'm leaving the range.

Anyone ever used frog lube on bcg?

Never bought into the Frog Lube or Slip craze. Why pay for a boutique lubricant, when you can go down to O'Reilly's and get a quart of Mobil 5W30 for $7.50? It'll last longer tenfold, to boot. A tin of wheel bearing grease for springs and connecting surfaces puts you at a couple of years' worth of wet stuff for less than a Jackson.

EDIT:

Save your money and go buy a bottle of Mobil 1.

I should probably read the whole page before I post.

Never bought into the Frog Lube or Slip craze. Why pay for a boutique lubricant, when you can go down to O'Reilly's and get a quart of Mobil 5W30 for $7.50? It'll last longer tenfold, to boot. A tin of wheel bearing grease for springs and connecting surfaces puts you at a couple of years' worth of wet stuff for less than a Jackson.

EDIT:

I should probably read the whole page before I post.

I bought a carry handle/sight and sling for mine. I like to keep it simple.

I love the BAD lever. It's a must have in my opinion. Whenever I would deploy I always took it with me and put it on my weapon. It's nice to not have to slap that stupid bolt catch when reloading.

Back