AR-15 Accessories

I think I'm gonna go with a voodoo one thanks. That price is much better for me. Is this one like you described?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004G8F6N8?in=2&is=300&qid=1358789186&sr=8-3

It isn't the same as mine but looks like a very nice bag plus you can wear it as a backpack which is nice because with loaded mags and that case full the sob gets heavy. Idk if they make my case anymore, got it a while ago. But that one holds 2 rifles and pistols, not sure about the mags, locks, etc. I didn't se an item description but that could be becuase I'm on a phone.

Need to get a decent trigger group. Thinking of going with the Wilson TTU-3G. Anyone use one, or have another suggestion?

Need to get a decent trigger group. Thinking of going with the Wilson TTU-3G. Anyone use one, or have another suggestion?

I have a geissele ssa-e set at 3.5lbs. Its a great trigger, pretty quick reset, crisp, etc. I think its a bit cheaper than wilsons as well. If you are stuck on the wilson I've been told they are great triggers but not having shot one, I recommend a Geissele ssa-e. If u want more trigger weight the ssa model is set at 4.5 lbs. Or if you really are going to be 3 gunning and care about speed vs precision Geissele has a super dynamic 3 gun trigger set a 3.5lbs. Its a rolling trigger vs crisp break(like a ssa-e) so it resets quicker and you can shoot faster. They have quite a few other triggers as well. You will still be able to shoot that ssae fast but if you are that good and need a trigger to keep up with you becuase you can shoot 8-9 rounds per second get the sd3g.

link for the saa-e
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2252

kns pins
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=325

Also the wilson trigger
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2736

rainier is out of the sd3g trigger so you could look elsewhere.
You can look somewhere else for it cheaper but i trust this site, they are extremely friendly, helpful, fast flat rate shipping etc cant say enough about them.

If you want to try to upgrade your AR trigger for cheap, try using the KNS pins and the JP Enterprises springs. That will smooth it out and reduce the pull weight. If you want to completely upgrade the trigger group go with a Geissele, Timney, etc.

My recently finished AR looks like this:
Magpul_AR15_Tan.jpg

I'll probably get some criticism but I would like to add a MWG to it. Personally, I like to keep my grip tight to the weapon and with a smaller weapon it feels better than using a foregrip or the handguard.

Something like this brand:
opplanet-mako-group-mag-well-grip-black-mwgb-main.jpg

However my biggest concern is the magazine release. I've heard that some stop the mag, some don't.

Magpul_AR15_Tan.jpg

I'll probably get some criticism but I would like to add a MWG to it. Personally, I like to keep my grip tight to the weapon and with a smaller weapon it feels better than using a foregrip or the handguard.

However my biggest concern is the magazine release. I've heard that some stop the mag, some don't.

I would suggest just getting used to and practice shooting like this. If you ever take an ar tactical shooting course or anything like that this is the way you will be told to hold the gun for a few different reasons.
Next_Generation_Arms_NGA_X7_Tactical_AR_Carbine_Mike_Pannone_Firing_1.jpg

Magpul_AR15_Tan.jpg

That's actually a great idea and how I prefer to use my AR too. I bought a 5in magpul rail for my moe grip so I could attach a vertical grip to it but ended up selling the rail, troy vertical grip, and magpul angeled grip. I bought an od green magwell grip for my AR and like it quite a bit so far. It was called a "never quit grip" I bought at Brownells.

I would suggest just getting used to and practice shooting like this. If you ever take an ar tactical shooting course or anything like that this is the way you will be told to hold the gun for a few different reasons.
Next_Generation_Arms_NGA_X7_Tactical_AR_Carbine_Mike_Pannone_Firing_1.jpg

Oh hell no, I don't understand why people shoot like that. It looks so stupid and feels so odd.

I've used both in my hk mr556 lower and hk416 upper. Both are great triggers but I stuck with the geissele ssa. My options were limited due to HKs firing pin safety and hammer shapes. You won't be disappointed with either trigger.

Oh hell no, I don't understand why people shoot like that. It looks so stupid and feels so odd.

Many reasons, all involving gun control. Helps keep muzzle flat, faster target acquisition as in switching between targets etc, overall better weapon manipulation, all of that equals more accurate and faster shooting.

It might take a bit to get used to but it is the best way to shoot. After some practice it will feel fine and you will be able to control your ar better, be faster, have better groups etc.

Many reasons, all involving gun control. Helps keep muzzle flat, faster target acquisition as in switching between targets etc, overall better weapon manipulation, all of that equals more accurate and faster shooting.

It might take a bit to get used to but it is the best way to shoot. After some practice it will feel fine and you will be able to control your ar better, be faster, have better groups etc.

I checked out an Arfcom forum that argued the benefits and explained that some of the worlds top shooters use this posture while shooting, however I still don't think it's something that I'll use.
I like to keep a tight posture like this:
MensShootOut14.jpg

I can somewhat see the benefit of exteding the arm out on a longer rifle for rifle manipulation, but on an compacted M4 platform I feel much more comfortable with the tighter posture.

I've always shot like this since I started shooting in the military. It's how my drill sergeant taught me and I never shot less than expert.

I checked out an Arfcom forum that argued the benefits and explained that some of the worlds top shooters use this posture while shooting, however I still don't think it's something that I'll use.
I like to keep a tight posture like this:
MensShootOut14.jpg

I can somewhat see the benefit of exteding the arm out on a longer rifle for rifle manipulation, but on an compacted M4 platform I feel much more comfortable with the tighter posture.

I've always shot like this since I started shooting in the military. It's how my drill sergeant taught me and I never shot less than expert.

Gotta be careful with the magwell grip. Your hand can slide in front of the ejection port and cause a jam. That grip was designed for subguns because they didn't have long enough forearms for a better grip.

Gotta be careful with the magwell grip. Your hand can slide in front of the ejection port and cause a jam. That grip was designed for subguns because they didn't have long enough forearms for a better grip.

I think I'll just put a MOE vert on the handguard as close to the back as it can go.

Agreed. I hate using vertical grips because no matter where I have it placed it's either uncomfortable or interferes with firing from the prone. That's just my opinion though.

Need something like a Tango Down stubby vertical grip.

Agreed. I hate using vertical grips because no matter where I have it placed it's either uncomfortable or interferes with firing from the prone. That's just my opinion though.

I like the magwell grip too. I'm a short dude and have short arms, so it is comfortable. The two problems I have heard are pressing your hand too high or too low. Too high you interfere with the ejection port, too low and you can tilt the magazine causing feeding problems.

I am a fan of the Magpul AFG though, vertical grips kill my arms for some reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back