Appearantly Cormier had no real fans

I am here to stay...win lose or draw. I was really nervous after the weigh ins cause DC was wayyy ampted and just didn't look good. I think He dumped tons of energy in the days before the fight.

No, those are not excuses. In my mind Jones won the mental game and got to DC a little too much. The mental game is a huge part and I think it crippled DC.

The better man won last night regardless. It pains me to say that.

I was and still a fan altough im bigger jones fan.

Cormier will bounce back.

This^

I got a little tired of all of the TMZ garbage and felt like DC was the one that started it all (which is the only reason I took sides on this fight). But DC certainly showed that he is a top tier fighter.

still here, wishing him a great comeback.

DC seems like a good human being, passionate and hard worker.

Wonder what will be next for DC. Has he given any interviews?

I still like DC I just think he sucked fighting Jones so I guess I'm not a real fan.

I'm still a fan. It was a close fight, I scored it 48-47, just like a lot of media people did.

It's a shame because he really does seem like scum of the earth, but Jones was better.

I have nothing but respect for the guy. He gave it his all and was humble in defeat. He showed class.

Was a DC fan before the fight and still am.. There is almost no sense posting anything meaningful for a few days after fights because the Best Ever/Overrated idiocy is always out in full force. I don't like Jones but I acknowledge he is a great fighter(which makes me a hater).

DC lost, It does not mean he is terrible and there is not reason to believe that a rematch down the road will not be competitive. My personal opinion is that DC had an adrenaline dump after the 3rd round.

It's not surprising that DC doesn't have that many fans. He doesn't have THAT many fights, and his last couple of fights didn't win him that many fans. Yea, he finished Hendo, but it wasn't that spectacular especially considering how old Hendo was; and few people cheer against Hendo.

I am still a big Cormier fan. He got broken mentally from getting taken down by Jones. And weakened by shots to the body. He needed to avoid body shots to be able to go hard the full 5 rounds.

Jones is just so great at executing and adapting game plans in accordance with the flow of the fight. And he DOES keep getting better. Hey, Cormier didn't do as well as Gus, but he did better than Glover. I think he will at least be sticking around the top 5. Jones is just a more well rounded martial artist.

Cormier still has the respect of many people.

Even Cormier was aware of it, remember what he said at the weigh ins.

Now I hope either Gustafsson's or Johnson's wagons have some available seats, because it's gonna get crowded there this 2015.

Considering that many of Cormier's "fans" are now saying he sucks and is out of his prime due his loss against the LHW GOAT.

I knew this would happen with MMA fans. Even if DC won the belt most of his "fans" would turn on him if he fought Gus.

lol

That's how we roll.

Back