Appearantly Cormier had no real fans

Still a huge DC fan. Goes to show how good he is, that he put up the best fight out of all Jones' opponents other than Gus.

Also, calling him old isn't an excuse. If he started MMA after his first Olympic run in 04', you can say he'd be much faster, and have much more bounce to his step.

Jones fans are used to his opponents "fans" disappearing after they fight. Do you ever see anything about Glover anymore? Lol

That might have something to do with his very embarassing loss to Phil Davis.

Still a DC fan and would pick him in a rematch. Although it shouldn't happen for a while. Let Gus beat him up again.

Still here... It was a tough fight for DC mentally once Jon established wrestling dominance. I'm sure he will be back though, I still believe he is one of the top 3 fighters in the world.

I am a fan, but after all he talked about being "King of the grind'" and how he could break Jones - only to break himself........was really annoying. He talked so much shit, and didn't back it up. It looked like he gave up. That definitely has an impact on how I view him now.........

Dam, I wasn't gonna say nothing but this is exactly how I feel^^^^^

Never thought he could win, was never a fan, hoped he would win though.

Too bad there isn't any other really impressive fighters in LHW than Jones, would make it more fun.

#teamcarlton

I was a lukewarm fan before this, but now I'm riding this train all the way to the olympics.

He beats rumble and gus too so he's coming back for that belt. Hopefully, Jones's next fight us rumble who will soften that chin up real good for Cormier.

Fuck them, this sport is great but its fanbase is populated by fickle babies. I was with DC the whole way baby; I'll say he came up short and disappointed me but the man is still an inspiration to me. I see myself as this weird physical combination of Cain and DC (Cain's height and Weight, Cormier's build but with a less distended stomach, prettier than both) and watching the man's Strikeforce fights and training camp videos made me glow with admiration. And after last night, it honestly makes me want to give combat sports a shot.

I am a fan, but after all he talked about being "King of the grind'" and how he could break Jones - only to break himself........was really annoying. He talked so much shit, and didn't back it up. It looked like he gave up. That definitely has an impact on how I view him now.........

But but but you have to be a REAL fan! That means being blind to your faves' weaknesses, never taking in new information, never reassessing your opinion based on more recent performances, etc. You wouldn't want a nuanced understanding of the sport or an appropriately-evolving set of opinions on things, would you? Come on, man! Be a real fan of so-and-so no matter what. Because...um...I'll get back to you on that part.

Never thought he could win, was never a fan, hoped he would win though.

Too bad there isn't any other really impressive fighters in LHW than Jones, would make it more fun.

Gustaffson, Rumble, Cormier, Evans and Davis aren't really impressive? You could make an argument for Davis being a boring wrestler but he's definitely not one to shake a battle rope at

But but but you have to be a REAL fan! That means being blind to your faves' weaknesses, never taking in new information, never reassessing your opinion based on more recent performances, etc. You wouldn't want a nuanced understanding of the sport or an appropriately-evolving set of opinions on things, would you? Come on, man! Be a real fan of so-and-so no matter what. Because...um...I'll get back to you on that part.

lets not blow this out of proportion, literally 90+% of people on this board werent dc fans... as in they didnt follow his career, he wasnt one of their favorite fighters etc. most of them were only along for the ride of the next man in line for a shot at jones.

These are threads now??? What is this high school? Come on guys.

Cormier said it himself during the weigh in that he KNOWS that the fans don't like him and that fans are only rooting for him because they don't like Jones even more.

lets not blow this out of proportion, literally 90+% of people on this board werent dc fans... as in they didnt follow his career, he wasnt one of their favorite fighters etc. most of them were only along for the ride of the next man in line for a shot at jones.

Eh, I just hate this argument that comes up frequently. If a fighter drops down in your eyes for any reason you were never a "real" fan. It's bullshit.

At least it's not (usually) as bad in MMA as it is in other sports, where you're expected to be a fan of the team where you grew up, no matter who is on the team and no matter how they're doing that year. Barf.

Eh, I just hate this argument that comes up frequently. If a fighter drops down in your eyes for any reason you were never a "real" fan. It's bullshit.

At least it's not (usually) as bad in MMA as it is in other sports, where you're expected to be a fan of the team where you grew up, no matter who is on the team and no matter how they're doing that year. Barf.

i know what you mean, that kind of thing is nonsense. its really bad in football.

Exactly. They could care less about Cormier.

I am still a DC fan, and even more of one now. he honestly thought he could win that fight. At the moment he is a little broken down, but the experience will strengthen him and he will come back a better fighter in the end. I will be there watching his next fight, and those who were just on his tail because of JBJ, too bad, you are missing a great guy and fighter IMO.

Back