• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Apparently Cyborg missed weight but they read it as 141 pounds anyway

those clothes probably weighed the extra .5, overall though thats unfortunate, not her fault though, the AC could have forced it but didnt

I know it's fun to pretend to be outraged but her weight was on point minus the bikini.

depends on the commisions, some round off from .9 some from .5 and some don't round off
does Brazil have a comission? if not then the UFC would govern the weigh ins

Going to be tough to get to 135.

Cue posters calling Ronda, Holm, Miesha cowards for not fighting at some imaginary weight class.

depends on the commisions, some round off from .9 some from .5 and some don't round off
does Brazil have a comission? if not then the UFC would govern the weigh ins

I thought the fight is supposed to be at 140 so I thought the allowance is up to 141, not 141.1 or 141.9.

Edit-
IWeigh in rules could vary depending upon the AC, there could be 1lb allowance for clothing - so 2 lbs total.

Last edited:
I thought the fight is supposed to be at 140 so I thought the allowance is up to 141, not 141.1 or 141.9.

Edit-
IWeigh in rules could vary depending upon the AC, there could be 1lb allowance for clothing - so 2 lbs total.

There is a lot of leeway in the weigh ins man
that is why GSP's weigh in contrroversy comes in, and now this
need to have a uniform ruleset

Edit-
Really? Had no idea. Still sounds wrong to me. WMMA superstar that has problems making weight fighting in her home country and we get this.

I really don't care either, to be honest. Let's not pretend like she won't be 20 pounds over by the time she steps into the octagon. Her opponent too.

You've posted a lot of irrelevant stuff in this thread for someone who doesn't care.

I never understood why 1 pound above the limit is allowed but 1.5 is not regardless of the division ie. it applies to every single division in the same way. Being 171.5 like Hendricks was is pretty much the same shit like being 141 percentage wise yet one is allowed and the other isn't.

Also, being 126 when the limit is 125 is quite different from being 266 at 265 HW limit. They need to either enforce the limit to the full or readjust how much is allowed over the limit in specific divisions.

The one pound difference is to account for random variation in scales, times, ect. It's also a pain to send everyone back to the dressing room to reweigh because they are 1/10 of a pound over. It's easier to just assume they can cut the fraction. That doesn't mean we should assume they can cut a larger fraction. I agree that it's an arbitrary place to draw the line, and it is more significant at lower weight divisions.

I get that, and I agree. But .4 pounds is about the weight of an onion. To punish Cyborg over such an insignificant difference would be harsh imo, especially after she went through hell to make the weight.

This difference is not insignificant. It was a catch weight fight, and she was at least 1.5pounds over. It's a terrible precedent to set.

Your argument that she "went through hell to make the weight" is bit of a childish one to be honest. Her subjective experience is irrelevant when everyone else has to make weight too. What makes her a special case in this regard?

im-not-surprised-b4cq4o.jpg

Just as the guy says out the weight, the scale tip at 141.45lbs. Maybe they allowed the .5lbs because of possible scale shenanigans?

Back