Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Something to watch

Votes: 49 43.0%
  • I'm indifferent

Votes: 16 14.0%
  • The UFC is dying

Votes: 43 37.7%

• Total voters
Gotta say Saturdays card was fun as fuck. Typically I dont have the sound up too high though so I dont notice the lack of crowd. So if that is a turnoff for people I get it, just doesn't have that impact on me.

No issue at all with them continuing at the APEX. It's a cost win for them. Dana has said he likes them at APEX because it's an easy weekend for him. It's brutal honesty on his part but many of these Fight night cards haven't been worth rolling out to other cities.

Exactly, Covid was the worst thing to happen for us fans imo.

It's a double edged sword Bro !

All the other sports stopped but Dana (bless his beady little heart) managed so somehow keep doing shows through the whole damned mess... And that was a big deal for me :)

But he also "promised" to get back out on the road & that is really not what has happened in the larger narrative.

it's like watching the contender series, i almost don't see any difference. bunch of no-names no one really gives a shit about.

UFC was already pumping out tons of cards before the Apex, I'd rather the shitty cards be there than in front of an audience of people that actually had to pay to see it.

There’s no excuse for the atmosphere at the Apex. Some of the most atmospheric events are in small intimate venues. The Apex is as dead as a dormouse

They need to lower fighter pay to save the ufc. Better fights if their hungry too
I agree completely. I believe when a fighter agrees to fight in the UFC, it for should be for only enough money to survive for 2 months. One month to recover, one month to train for the next fight. A fight bonus would only occur for a finish in the early rounds and it would consist of one 5% discount coupon, valid at any UFC store location. A handshake and one collectable UFC Bobble Head of their choice.

I agree completely. I believe when a fighter agrees to fight in the UFC, it for should be for only enough money to survive for 2 months. One month to recover, one month to train for the next fight. A fight bonus would only occur for a finish in the early rounds and it would consist of one 5% discount coupon, valid at any UFC store location. A handshake and one collectable UFC Bobble Head of their choice.
Great brainstorming, if the UFC sees this they might can save themselves before it's too late.

I'm sure taking the money and scheduling out of using other arenas makes things cheaper and easier...

But at some point you have diminishing returns with the crowd/energy being lame as fuck

I'm curious how you all feel about the UFC choosing to continue to shove Apex cards down our throats in place of quality fights in arenas? Personally, I'm done with these events if they continue to be subpar, I feel like the UFC is cheating us even though they're free to watch.

The fights actually put me to sleep twice yesterday, if that isn't a sign of what kind of a shit product it's become then I don't know what is (rant over).
Dana runs it his way, I don't agree either, its either over priced or boring, personally I am not big into WMMA either...they should fight it bra less, then it would make sense, and add some mud with water to make them slippery ...then you got something going there....actually, I take that back, the butch dike women would ruin that too. I like the idea of a tournament road map giving everyone a chance each time...its does not have to be a year...just take the roaster of fighters for each division and have them cancel each other out until its time for the belt between two...I like blue collar style fights...that way each fighter has a chance and can not be demoralized by hype or losses...and fight until they quit. But yeah, Apex needs to stop imho.

I love the apex. Less bullshit crowd noise. I can hear the strikes. Hear the shit talking. It's awesome. Crowds suck. They boo entertaining shit and act like morons.

I tune in for a free card and frankly don’t give two shits about the crowd or lack there of. ESPN+ is dirt cheap; 110/yr. I enjoy listening to MMA pundits talk about the cards via free podcasts. These cards are basically a built in feeder league. It’s not like they’re wasting must-see matchups on these cards.

Combat is combat. I don't tune in for the crowd noise. Apex events are raw and you get to hear the action a little better since it's quiet in there. Small cage tends to produce some good finishes.

Back