Votes: 16 14.0%
  • The UFC is dying

Votes: 43 37.7%

• Total voters

Poirierfan

Cajun Couyon
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm curious how you all feel about the UFC choosing to continue to shove Apex cards down our throats in place of quality fights in arenas? Personally, I'm done with these events if they continue to be subpar, I feel like the UFC is cheating us even though they're free to watch.

The fights actually put me to sleep twice yesterday, if that isn't a sign of what kind of a shit product it's become then I don't know what is (rant over).

Last edited:
You're right, we are being cheated even though it's a free product, and that's because the goof himself promised this would never happen. His exact words were "we'll never become boxing", in reference to top heavy fight cards. But as long as we have these shilling, Oliver Twist ass shersheep holding their little slop bowls out for "mor",nothing is going to change.

Tl;dr: look at this neck beard complaining about free shit
<Oku04>

I guess the question is, would you rather have a card a month/every other month but filled with more named fighters and PPV level setting or a bunch of subpar DWCS fighters and have almost all weekends with events.

I believe it's how you go into the event. I go in there with the mindset that they are going to be a bunch of mid/low tier fighters and most fights are not going to be that good. I do notice myself saying "I don't know these fighters" for most of these cards. However, if a good knockout/fight happens in the card, while hanging with some Sherbros and laughing at some images/memes, I'm ok with that.

• I'm indifferent

But as I said in the other thread for the fighters exposure with live crowds I feel is important. Plus seeing a favored fighter live is something special or least highly fun.

I certainly don't miss the asshat boo-babies... Fuk them shitbags.

<{titihmm}>

You're correct, the shit isn't even really free. I forgot i'm paying for ESPN (brain fart). lol

Yeah. UFC is the primary reason I had a subscription to TSN. Yesterday I had hoops going and paid more attention to that than the UFC. I pushed through for the co-main and main but at times it was a tough hang.

I used to watch every card religiously. Now I’ll give them a miss if something better comes along.

Last edited:
Yeah. UFC is the primary reason I have a subscription to TSN. Yesterday I had hoops going and paid more attention to that than the UFC. I pushed through for the co-main and main but at times it was a tough hang.

I used to watch every card religiously. Now I’ll give them a miss if something better comes along.
I'm in the exact same situation, just put football in place of basketball. If there's a good game on, then I'll take that over these fight nights. It's a shame, I use to watch every card religiously like yourself.

Last edited:
I was SOOO happy when they opened the Apex during the covid virus, but those days are gone now. I don't like the no crowd noise, which for me usually adds to the excitement of the event. Also, is it just me, or are these cards full of fighters most have never heard of, and have names I will only remember, if they get to top 5 status. There is hardly any excitement in the UFC events anymore, for me. For years, I knew almost all of the UFC, PRIDE, WEC, STRIKEFORCE fighters, now I don't know hardly any of the UFC guys, and I watch every event. I have NEVER missed a UFC show, I bought every PPV since Zuffa bought UFC for UFC 30, had the dvd's of every event, and loved it. Now it's getting a little dull for me, I never buy the grossly overpriced PPV's anymore, and there are only a few established fighters that I really get excited about seeing now. I know it will get better, because all sports hit down times at some point, but UFC has lost it's thrill for me at this time.

I'm curious how you all feel about the UFC choosing to continue to shove Apex cards down our throats in place of quality fights in arenas? Personally, I'm done with these events if they continue to be subpar, I feel like the UFC is cheating us even though they're free to watch.

The fights actually put me to sleep twice yesterday, if that isn't a sign of what kind of a shit product it's become then I don't know what is (rant over).
Your consistent whining in all your posts puts me to sleep

Hell, Dana White doesn't even go to these events. He was even shown at boxing last weekend
Yup, Dana is getting bored of it imo and could care less. There's literally no topped ranked guys ever on these cards btw, mainly just a bunch of contenders series no names for the most part.

Last edited:
You're right, we are being cheated even though it's a free product, and that's because the goof himself promised this would never happen. His exact words were "we'll never become boxing", in reference to top heavy fight cards. But as long as we have these shilling, Oliver Twist ass shersheep holding their little slop bowls out for "mor",nothing is going to change.

Tl;dr: look at this neck beard complaining about free shit
<Oku04>
Is it free if you have to pay for ESPN+?

It is Fight Night Vegas. I think it just showcases fighters that are local and other fights that keep the division moving. I really have no issue. These fights are not clogging up PPVs. Sometimes you get bangers though. I guess it depends on the card itself. Here is a list and some of them are pretty bad but some are ok.

Back