Anyone worried about Diaz selling out for money grab trilogy?

I don't see this happen.
Plus, i'm pretty sure that after Nate choked Conor out in that brutal fashion he got a very good contract and he suddenly became a very good UFC draw.
Nate doesn't need to fight Conor a 3rd time to make good money.

You people seriously need to stop with these "will nate throw the second fight in favor of a rubber match?" threads. It's fucking embarrassing thinking a Diaz brother will ever take a loss for money, let alone the UFC guaranteeing a third fight if their cash cow somehow avenges his stunning loss.

Just stop.

I can see Dana telling Nate that if there's a third fight the money will be much greater, sort of bribing him but no really.
I can also see Diaz just doing because he thinks he'll get a third fight.

But I don't think, should Connor win next Saturday, that they'll let him near Nate again and risk their star. I can see the UFC putting a third match in Nate's head as bait.
What do you guys think ?

Behave yourself!

are u that dumb??? or are you a paid troll?

I can see Dana telling Nate that if there's a third fight the money will be much greater, sort of bribing him but no really.
I can also see Diaz just doing because he thinks he'll get a third fight.

But I don't think, should Connor win next Saturday, that they'll let him near Nate again and risk their star. I can see the UFC putting a third match in Nate's head as bait.
What do you guys think ?

fc,550x550,black.u1.jpg

There will be no trilogy.... If nate loses Conor will just move on like it was a fluke loss and get the bandwagon rolling again... If nate wins then it's a pointless trilogy unless in the future and it's for the lightweight belt

A third fight would do horrible numbers compared to the first. It's watered down.

Diaz wins every which way and around

Even if he tried to throw the fight Conor still loses

I think Nate is smart enough to know that he wont get a 3rd fight with Conor even if he takes a dive..
The UFC would just dismiss the first fight as a fluke (even though it went 2 rounds and Conor lost decisively, unlike the Aldo fight...)

A third fight would do horrible numbers compared to the first. It's watered down.

yep, the one coming up is already a dud looking at ppv.

Connie lost the general public, his numbers for future fights in any weight class will likely come down also.

Connie lost the general public, his numbers for future fights in any weight class will likely come down also.

Yea I mean he will still do great numbers compared to the vast majority of fighters on the roster but I think Connie is a person who wants his numbers to go up, not down.

202 will beat all PPV records. Conor has only become more popular and has gotten far more mainstream media attention than before the loss. Just on Instagram he's got something like 600.000 more followers than before 196, and The Mac Life youtube series is getting crazy views.

And so on, and so on. Only a blind hater would claim 202 "is going to be a dud."

No man, for him it's all
"""Loyalty before royalty"""
Bro. Until those big checks come flying in ...

Nate isn't throwing the fight. Good to know the excuses are already being planted before the fight even happens, though.
go watch Nate's interview on Conan, that might change the opinion you have on the subject, Nate is going around saying he "goes into fights expecting to get Knocked Out now", that's a very weird fight philosophy to mention if you are confident in winning your upcoming fight. Sounds like the $fix is in$ because we know Nate is money hungry now and would most likely take a dive if the price is right.

I'm no fan of the Diaz brothers but I can't imagine them throwing a fight. I also think its a dumb thing to do. Not only is it dishonorable, but it's also something that could go really wrong. Who's to say that if Conor wins this one that he would be willing to do a third.

If Dana goes to Nate and says, "You can fight Conor one more time and make $2 million, or you can fight him two more times and make $10 million. Of course, there's no third fight if you win the second. Also, we'll contractually guarantee that the third fight will happen within one year of the second fight." Then yeah, I could see Nate doing it. Throw one, have a third fight guaranteed, get life changing money and a chance to avenge the loss. Scenarios like that are not exactly far-fetched in the fight business.

It's crossed my mind and yes a little. The Diaz bros do stupid shit sometimes

~DaViD~

Back