Anyone worried about Diaz selling out for money grab trilogy?

drom141

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I can see Dana telling Nate that if there's a third fight the money will be much greater, sort of bribing him but no really.
I can also see Diaz just doing because he thinks he'll get a third fight.

But I don't think, should Connor win next Saturday, that they'll let him near Nate again and risk their star. I can see the UFC putting a third match in Nate's head as bait.
What do you guys think ?

If Nate loses, he gets no trilogy. Conor and the UFC will just pass it off as "see, the first fight was a fluke," and then they will move on. Nate makes the most money for himself by winning this fight, and using that win to get a possible unearned title shot vs. Alvarez. Also, he aint no bitch.

Nate isn't throwing the fight. Good to know the excuses are already being planted before the fight even happens, though.

That doesn't sound like something Nate would do to be honest.

If Nate loses, he gets no trilogy. Conor and the UFC will just pass it off as "see, the first fight was a fluke," and then they will move on. Nate makes the most money for himself by winning this fight, and using that win to get a possible unearned title shot vs. Alvarez. Also, he aint no bitch.
depends how contract is wirtten Nate could have put almost anything in there as desperate as Conor was. I guarantee you if I were his agent it would say 3rd fight guaranteed if nate lose or UFC pays 50 million.

i dont like diaz, but hes the last 1 i expect to do anything to help the machine.

Nate isn't throwing the fight. Good to know the excuses are already being planted before the fight even happens, though.
Not an excuse, just a thought, if anything the people already making excuses are the ones talking about Diaz weighing near 200lbs a few weeks ago, even McGregor himself already brought it up and to me that seems like a lifeline, actually, this fight being fought at 170 is a lifeline.

[QUOTE="mmaleatherneck, post: 120077103, member: 2828i dont like diaz, but hes the last 1 i expect to do anything to help the machine.[/QUOTE]
I agree, but the money does a lot, and Diaz wants to cash out.

depends how contract is wirtten Nate could have put almost anything in there as desperate as Conor was. I guarantee you if I were his agent it would say 3rd fight guaranteed if nate lose or UFC pays 50 million.

Didn't even think of this. Do UFC contracts work that way though? With rematch clauses?

Diaz had some bargaining chips going into this matchup, but he couldn't dictate the contract like that. If he got too demanding (like demanding a rematch clause,) UFC could have very easily told him to fuck off and told Conor that he has to defend the 145 lb belt before he gets to dictate his next fight. Nate has some leverage, but not enough to back the UFC brass into a corner.

Diaz is focusing on getting paid at this point in his career, he probably made more in the McGregor fight than his last 10 fights combined. He wants to get paid and sail off into the sunset, but he might just do that after this second fight.

Didn't even think of this. Do UFC contracts work that way though? With rematch clauses?
I am sure thier standard contract do not. But every situation is different. You have to understand COnor is thier super star. Nate just beat him. They wanted rematch desperately. Flaked on first @ 200 Wanted it again @202. That makes Nates bargaining position very strong. He was a super star in his own right and had UFC/Conor over the barrel on a rematch.

I am sure thier standard contract do not. But every situation is different. You have to understand COnor is thier super star. Nate just beat him. They wanted rematch desperately. Flaked on first @ 200 Wanted it again @202. That makes Nates bargaining position very strong. He was a super star in his own right and had UFC/Conor over the barrel on a rematch.

He sure had some leverage

I honestly have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.
a whiiiiiiiile back around the time Cung Le was suing the UFC i think Mac Danzig posted some tweets or something and someone said "Mac Danzig ain't no bitch" and i thought it was cool.

I'm sure a lot of people are, but they'll be bitched at and called stupid for having that opinion.

a whiiiiiiiile back around the time Cung Le was suing the UFC i think Mac Danzig posted some tweets or something and someone said "Mac Danzig ain't no bitch" and i thought it was cool.
haha, while I would love to take credit for something cool, I'm pretty sure it wasn't me. I have posted "aint no bitch" in Diaz threads before, but I don't think I ever posted one in a Danzig thread.

Back