Anyone worried about Diaz selling out for money grab trilogy?

This very idea is so stupid I don't even know where to begin...

If Nate loses, he gets no trilogy. Conor and the UFC will just pass it off as "see, the first fight was a fluke," and then they will move on. Nate makes the most money for himself by winning this fight, and using that win to get a possible unearned title shot vs. Alvarez. Also, he aint no bitch.
This.... it's highly unlikely that Nate would take a dive but.... Anyone can be bought I would throw the fight for 10 mil

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a concern of mine. I hope they wouldn't do something like that particularly Nate. I don't like Conor but I would hope he wouldn't subscribe to that kind of idea either. I don't think Dana would mind doing it. All that guy sees is dollar signs.

While Nate and his brother have both expressed a distaste for fighting, a love of money, and a distatisfaction with authority that makes Nate seem like a prime suspect for throwing a fight, one point is being missed: Ego.

Nick and Nate are so hopped up on Ego, they couldn't throw a fight. There mind might be screaming, "Throw the fight!!!" But their bodies would take over and try to win. If USADA tested and gave discipline for Ego, Nate and Nick would be permanently banned due to excessive ego!!!

I can see Dana telling Nate that if there's a third fight the money will be much greater, sort of bribing him but no really.
I can also see Diaz just doing because he thinks he'll get a third fight.

But I don't think, should Connor win next Saturday, that they'll let him near Nate again and risk their star. I can see the UFC putting a third match in Nate's head as bait.
What do you guys think ?

Avy bet me in the 202 avy bet thread you silly white belt.

I can see Dana telling Nate that if there's a third fight the money will be much greater, sort of bribing him but no really.

But I don't think, should Connor win next Saturday, that they'll let him near Nate again and risk their star. I can see the UFC putting a third match in Nate's head as bait.
What do you guys think ?
Only if Nate loses.

202 will beat all PPV records. Conor has only become more popular and has gotten far more mainstream media attention than before the loss. Just on Instagram he's got something like 600.000 more followers than before 196, and The Mac Life youtube series is getting crazy views.

And so on, and so on. Only a blind hater would claim 202 "is going to be a dud."
Why do people still buy PPV's anyway it's a huge ripoff IMO,

Enough with this bullshit already. Nate ain't throwing shit. It's not in his DNA. or at least, that is my belief.

When Nate smokes him again though. These bullshit threads are fucking done. And with any luck the fucking white belts and huggers making these bullshit threads go too.

bullshit_breaking_bad.gif

He doesn't think that far ahead, but he should. Getting finished by Conor within 2 rounds would be the best thing for him, financially. That would put Conor's confidence sky high and he'd welcome a rubber match. It wouldn't be immediate, but maybe in a year it'd be another nice payday for Nate.

he would be dumber than he sounds if he did

Nate's been around too long to waste a huge opportunity like this. Too much shit can happen.

Would be the dumbest move ever, nothing is guaranteed.

You're really overestimating Nate's abilities if you think he can let Conor win but make it close, I don't think any fighter could accomplish that against a fellow elite fighter, taking a dive would involve letting Conor win by KO/TKO as soon as Conor touches him because if you let it go an extended amount of time anything can happen...You can accidentally KO them if you actually fight or if you decide to take it easy it can look fishy if you aren't trying to fight your opponent.

It needs to be a close fight for it to get a trilogy, there is noway Nate can fix that.

What do you guys think ?
I think you're a dick.

Some pretty telling reactions in this thread. "You're stupid" "You're a dick" "STFU". Naive and emotionally charged. In the real world people whore themselves out for a lot less money than what is available to these guys. To believe that they're in it for the purity of athletic competition, or that you "know" these fighters is a simple-minded point of view.

Also, "ego" is never going to make someone turn down money. Money speaks directly to survival instincts, which are much, much more powerful drivers of human behavior than ego ever will be. If anything, money stokes the ego.

What do you guys think ?
I swear I was having this conversation with the boys last night

Yes we all agreed it could happen

Sounds like the diaz fans are scared he might lose.And this is the best they could come up with if i'm being honest.

I'm starting to think that this may happen. Nate carries him for five rounds, setting up the trilogy. I mean literally, Nate would have to carry Conor's gassed out, pink carcass from passing out after the third.

202 will beat all PPV records. Conor has only become more popular and has gotten far more mainstream media attention than before the loss. Just on Instagram he's got something like 600.000 more followers than before 196, and The Mac Life youtube series is getting crazy views.

And so on, and so on. Only a blind hater would claim 202 "is going to be a dud."

Not a hater. Not sure what "blind" has to do with any of this.

I'm going by general interest in my coworkers, friends, and relatives and no one seems to know there's a fight next weekend.

Maybe it will do well, we'll see. Again, not hearing anyone talking about this fight.

Back