Anyone who says "robbery" is salty thats all

The leg kicks the body shots outstriking with the hands meant nothing because cejudo got some takedowns.

Im salty because takedowns and doing nothing with it won a fight again...

Could have gone either way.

Neither fighter dominated.

If you don't put it on your opponent, you risk losing close decisions.

it was a close fight with rounds that could've gone either way. I disagree with the rd 2 to cejudo, but I appreciate the fact that no judge actually had an unreasonable score(I guess we'll have to hold judgment til we see the actual cards... knowing the judges one of the cejudo ones will have given him rd 1 or something lol)

I don't get it.

I had DJ 4-1, with Cejudo only taking 4. I could see him getting round 2 as well, but he didn't do anything on the ground and DJ had him on the feet. Same for the 5th.

Noticing a lot of bias since people wanted DJ to lose. I wanted him to lose too honestly. It was a great fight but I also felt that it was 3-2 even 4-1 for DJ.

That was a good fight and in no way a robbery, something this close cant be called a robbery.

Round 2, round 4 clearly, and round 5, he landed bigger shots and took DJ down. this is a good decision and it makes perfect sense, watching this fight from a non biased perspective, everything made sense.

I thought DJ landed the bigger shots, but will have to definitely rewatch. It was close either way, the people celebrating virtually even loss though are pathetic.

He did absolutely nothing. Nothing with top position. And he lost almost every striking exchange

Definitely not a robbery but I did think DJ won 3-2.

Before they announced the decision, I said "Neither guy can complain about getting robbed." It was a fight close enough, where no one did enough to clearly demonstrate that they won. In that circumstance, it's just a coin flip.

It was easily 2-2 in the 5th round.

The fuck outta here with that robbery. Cejudo took DJ down which scored him the point for the 5th.

Why not? Henly took like 60 clean leg kicks throughout the whole fight and landed how many clean punches?? Does scoring 5 takedowns enough to justify his win?

Last time I checked it was a mma fight not a wrestling match

Exactly it's an MMA fight, not a kickboxing match.

Mighty Mouse landed a lot of kicks but they didn't really do anything, Cejudo's takedowns were the biggest moments of the rounds and in 2 of the rounds he kept him down for a substantial amount of time

Why not? Henly took like 60 clean leg kicks throughout the whole fight and landed how many clean punches?? Does scoring 5 takedowns enough to justify his win?

Last time I checked it was a mma fight not a wrestling match
If you can land that many leg kicks without even hurting the opponent then obviously they’re inconsequential

as opposed to DJ doing what on the feet? Besides that odd reaction from Cejudo in the first round with his ankle/calf, DJ did nothing on the feet. Round 5 Cejudo landed harder and better strikes...
He took leg kicks the entire fight. MM cleary landed the better shots, and a large amount of strikes Cejudo threw missed and/or were blocked.

I think its a robbery in the sense that nobody should lose a belt on a split decision, if the fight was that close that the judges can't even agree who won, the champion was not "defeated". You need to beat someone to take the belt, either finish them or a decisive decision like when Cody beat Cruz.

Cejudo did no damage, you can credit him for the takedowns but besides that, he landed far less significant strikes compared to DJ.

Neither fighter did much in terms of overall damage but Cejudo was more of the aggresor so it's an easy call imo

Exactly it's an MMA fight, not a kickboxing match.

Mighty Mouse landed a lot of kicks but they didn't really do anything, Cejudo's takedowns were the biggest moments of the rounds and in 2 of the rounds he kept him down for a substantial amount of time

Again, Cejudo gave zero damage to DJ on top of him. Kicks didn't do anything you say? Did not see Cejudo switching stance because of the damage???

Greatest robbery since Shogun / Machida 1

Did no damage on the feet or on the ground. Facts.

Mighty Mouse flat out did nothing except an occasional leg or body kick. They didn't even dare to show head strikes stats in the fight because DJ wasn't hitting Cejudo.

Back