Anyone who says "robbery" is salty thats all

Before they announced the decision, I said "Neither guy can complain about getting robbed." It was a fight close enough, where no one did enough to clearly demonstrate that they won. In that circumstance, it's just a coin flip.

In those kind of fights you cant give it to the challenger

giphy.gif

Mighty Mouse flat out did nothing except an occasional leg or body kick. They didn't even dare show head strikes stats in the right because DJ wasn't hitting Cejudo.

He outlanded him 83 to 51 but ok

Again, Cejudo gave zero damage to DJ on top of him. Kicks didn't do anything you say? Did not see Cejudo switching stance because of the damage???

Most of the stance switching was done in the first round due to that weird mini injury he had

The other stance switches were Henry wanting to fight orthodox, getting hit with a leg kick, then changing to Southpaw so MM had less options

The cumulative damage was adding up, but he never did enough singular damage in the 2, 4, or 5th with them IMO

Not a robbery but you’d think if its this close they’ll give it to the dominant long reigning champ
You’d think but with MM the second it was a split I just knew in my gut they were taking that man’s belt. Takedowns that don’t cause any damage win rounds over leg kicks and crushing body kicks. Don’t leave it to the judges. It wasn’t a robbery.

If you can land that many leg kicks without even hurting the opponent then obviously they’re inconsequential

if you take someone down without hurting your opponents, obviously they are inconsequential.

Do you see how this works ?? lol

Facts. Did nothing on the feet or ground. Robbery.

you gotta be kidding me....he was taken down the whole fight. If he wants to win he needs to turn it up, stop with pitter patter and get some td defense.

Yeah people hate DJ so much it won't get as much noise but total bs.

Like it was close based purely on scoring those takedowns but those takedowns led to nothing. Khabib's takedowns for example lead to dominate control and damage. Cejudo just stayed in safe head and arm control without taking any risks to do damage. Just don't agree with how it was scored, all takedowns are not the same.

He outlanded him 83 to 51 but ok
Pitter patter doesn't mean anything. He was at the bottom slapping Cejudo with his fingers, it a fluke way of getting statistical strikes on paper but doesn't reflect the fight.

Most of the stance switching was done in the first round due to that weird mini injury he had

The other stance switches were Henry wanting to fight orthodox, getting hit with a leg kick, then changing to Southpaw so MM had less options

The cumulative damage was adding up, but he never did enough singular damage in the 2, 4, or 5th with them IMO

So its 5 takesdown that didn't do much vs 60 + legkicks that also didn't do much.

looks to me DJ got a upper hand in terms of sheer volume lol

Fight was boring AF but I thoroughly enjoyed the Dana White sanctioned robbery

Why not? Henly took like 60 clean leg kicks throughout the whole fight and landed how many clean punches?? Does scoring 5 takedowns enough to justify his win?

Last time I checked it was a mma fight not a wrestling match
Great point, it is MMA, not a KICKING match..... Your argument...Just because some1 lands 50 kicks does not mean his opponent cant win unless he lands 51 kicks...Cejudo landed the harder shots, and he won 2 pretty clear rounds in where he got the takedown, round 2 and 4, and round 5 should be the easiest one to judge, a takedown and towards the end much harder and cleaner shots then anything DJ did in 5th round, pretty good 2,4,5 round split decision....Cant say "robbery" on a close fight that is a split decision, that by definition means close fight..

Its not just the takedowns that justify the win, its what DJ was unable to do vs what Cejudo was. DJ had success with his kicks, but thats about it, in terms of hands Cejudo had cleaner and harder shots, even DJ said that during the interview, that Cejudo responded with 3/4 shots.

So its 5 takesdown that didn't do much vs 60 + legkicks that also didn't do much.

looks to me DJ got a upper hand in terms of sheer volume lol

Cejudo was still doing damage as well though.. MM was probably edging those rounds on the feet, but getting taken down and held down for 2 minutes until the round ends kind of stops you from winning a close round

id say this is actually on fight that was score pretty well. Not one crazy scorecard.

Back