Anyone who says "robbery" is salty thats all

The scoring in MMA is embarrassing. Get out struck all round and land a TD with 40 seconds left with no damage. That may be one of the worst scored rounds Ive ever seen
Sometimes the judges score takedowns like a knockdown in terms of scoring rounds it seems. DJ did tons of damage with leg kicks and crushing body kicks but Henry wore it well I think that also plays a part. MM landed the cleaner punches but it wasn’t by much. Henry would be wise to not go fight TJ....

Sometimes the judges score takedowns like a knockdown in terms of scoring rounds it seems. DJ did tons of damage with leg kicks and crushing body kicks but Henry wore it well I think that also plays a part. MM landed the cleaner punches but it wasn’t by much. Henry would be wise to not go fight TJ....
Scoring Takedowns the same as knockdowns?

WTF?

Great point, it is MMA, not a KICKING match..... Your argument...Just because some1 lands 50 kicks does not mean his opponent cant win unless he lands 51 kicks...Cejudo landed the harder shots, and he won 2 pretty clear rounds in where he got the takedown, round 2 and 4, and round 5 should be the easiest one to judge, a takedown and towards the end much harder and cleaner shots then anything DJ did in 5th round, pretty good 2,4,5 round split decision....Cant say "robbery" on a close fight that is a split decision, that by definition means close fight..

Its not just the takedowns that justify the win, its what DJ was unable to do vs what Cejudo was. DJ had success with his kicks, but thats about it, in terms of hands Cejudo had cleaner and harder shots, even DJ said that during the interview, that Cejudo responded with 3/4 shots.

Harder shots? How do you know they were hard? There was no showing DJ was fazed by the punches. There wasn't even a physical evidence as he didn't sustain any damage on his face.

Striking stats shows DJ outstruck Henly by large margin, so claiming Henly landed cleaner shots is outright absurd.

Essentially, it all comes down to takedowns vs striking. Just for sake of entertaining your argument that DJ's kick did no damages, I think it's fair to assess that the only way to judge this fight is to measure the number of punches landed, which indicates that DJ actually won.

WTF?
The judges seem give rounds to the guy with the takedown even if he doesn’t do any damage. It’s silly. Obviously I didn’t see the fight for Henry. But the judges seem to highly over value takedowns however brief they are.

it was a close fight with rounds that could've gone either way. I disagree with the rd 2 to cejudo, but I appreciate the fact that no judge actually had an unreasonable score(I guess we'll have to hold judgment til we see the actual cards... knowing the judges one of the cejudo ones will have given him rd 1 or something lol)
They're all sane cards. D'Amato and McCarthy gave Henry round 2.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/9284/Henry-Cejudo-vs-Demetrious-Johnson

DJ was a class act in defeat. Handled it well

I wouldn’t say robbery, though it was a little unimpressive on both parts. Dj clearly won 2 rounds and the other 3 were toss ups. It’s a little silly to think that a few takedowns resulting in little output from Cejudo would negate the seemingly lopsided strike differential for DJ, but at the same time DJ has no excuses after being gifted round 1.
The commentary shat hyperbole all over this card and this fight stunk the worst of it. Had this been a random prelim fight it would be considered fairly decent but not FoTN contender. Joe and DC should not be allowed to commentate together.

I keep seing people saying Cejudo landed good shots on DJ. Well, I just watched the fight once but I don't remember one clean shot from cejudo. I think Cejudo didn't even touch DJ in the brawl in the last seconds, DJ rolls with the punches, lose equilibrium a bit unrelated with the punches, then counters clean. And I believe all punches exchanges were like that during the fight.

Anyone with GIF/video of Cejudo hitting DJ clean ?

I thought Johnson won the fight, but it was only a robbery if you subscribe to the idea that champ should necessarily win any close decision, which, I think, is silly.

Close fight arguement can be made for both guys.

Not a robbery.

Fun fight

i am the biggest MM hater but how do you even score round two for cejudo?? he lost the first four minutes of the round and held MM down for 40 seconds, but did 0 damage

WTF?

That's how the incompetent referees score worthless take downs, its been that way for years. A striker can have a field day with someone on the feet tagging them, but if they get taken down even once in that round, even if they get right back up and take not a single strike there is a good chance some ref is going to give them that round off the takedown.

Its pathetic how strong takedowns are weighted.

Well I didn’t watch the fight so my opinion is invalid but fuck getting a takedown and doing nothing with it.

Rules are dumb.

Robbery is so overused. I didn't like the decision but it was definitely close and the scorecards reflected that. Happy for Henry.

Laying in top position without doing anything shouldn't be worth points. You get points for the takedown, if you want more points after that use the position the takedown gave you to land some shots. DJ won 4 rounds as far as I'm concerned.
The better man won.

It appears people are about 50-50 in who won this fight which leads me to believe it should have been a draw. To be the champ you have to beat the champ.

Back