Anyone use a dedicated mp3 player anymore?

RawHawg

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
They seem to have gone the way of the dinosaur. Why bother with an old ipod-like device when you can stick everything on your phone which you always have on you anyway? Was curious if anyone is still using any old mp3 playing relics. I have a few old shuffles and players collecting dust. I used to like the 1st generation shuffle that had the usb connector built in (later versions required a separate cord). Would also like to hear old mp3 player favorite memories of any kind.

I have way too many songs for a phone. Also like one function not interrupting the other. So yeah, ipod.

I think I saw one at the Smithsonian next to a Ben Franklin's Glass Armonica.

I still use one. That's because my phone is older than Methuselah (at least in phone years).

I love my 120gb iPod classic, its been my homie for 10 years running

I have an old MP3 player that only holds like 100 songs, but I still use it when I work out. The thing is tiny and it has a good armband that holds it in place.

My phone is the google nexus 6p and it's so big that it really bounces around and gets in the way while exercising.

How many GB of music do you figure you have?
I have the 128GB ipod touch, which doesn't hold all of the music on my computer, but it's fine most of the time for what I want to hear.

i have current ipod, and an old pink ipod shuffle
and i still use my cd walkman lots, if that counts

years back i was using an mp3 player. after i got my shuffle i gave it to my little brother. he put it into his pocket and then we went to a canada day fair. he went and did the dunk tank, forgetting the mp3 was in his pocket. was the end of that lol.

Yes, I have a Walkman with 60gb internal and a 128 micro sd. It's excellent.

They seem to have gone the way of the dinosaur. Why bother with an old ipod-like device when you can stick everything on your phone which you always have on you anyway? Was curious if anyone is still using any old mp3 playing relics. I have a few old shuffles and players collecting dust. I used to like the 1st generation shuffle that had the usb connector built in (later versions required a separate cord). Would also like to hear old mp3 player favorite memories of any kind.
I have an ipod for running, dropped my phone too many times even while in the best cases made to stop just that.

I do, for going on my morning runs. My cell phone stays home for that.

I love my 120gb iPod classic, its been my homie for 10 years running
I got one too. I have 20 gb of music right now and that is only because I lost my old Ipod that had nearly 30. My phone would explode trying to carry that much music.

Had a Cowon D2 I left in my car plugged into a tape-deck adapter, since the stereo has no bluetooth or AUX in. Yesterday the damn power switch broke off so now I'm stuck plugging my phone in like a chump.

Good standalone MP3 players (at least Cowon's) shit all over phones for sound quality and output volume. But as always convenience > quality. They had a good run.

The smartphone has made mp3 players, GPS units, and point and shoot cameras less relevant these days. It's nice having all the capability in one device. However, I can see the advantages of dedicated devices.

When I go for a walk or jog I bring my ipod nano. I don't want to carry my phone while running. Also my phone is just a cheapish smartphone since I rarely use it. Never bothered to put music on it. Think it only has 8 gigs or something. Don't even know if I can put music on it from my Mac.

Back