Anyone use a dedicated mp3 player anymore?

I have an Ibasso dx90 I love it

I've never owned a dedicated MP3 player. I've only used my phones.

I have my ipod hooked up to speakers in my bathroom for when i shower.

I wish I had a nano for working out, but I'm good so far with using my phone. They usually have a place to set it down, so it doesn't bounce around in my pocket.

I still use my iPod Nano from 09. Don't want to fiddle with a touchscreen when I'm on the treadmill.

I have way too many songs for a phone. Also like one function not interrupting the other. So yeah, ipod.
Same here. I didn't realize that
I have a special, dormant respect
for classic ipod users in 2016,
until entering this thread. I have
a 160 gig classic ipod. It gives
me trouble sometimes with the
wheel and reading the button,
but it's stuck with me through a lot.

I have an old MP3 player that only holds like 100 songs, but I still use it when I work out. The thing is tiny and it has a good armband that holds it in place.

My phone is the google nexus 6p and it's so big that it really bounces around and gets in the way while exercising.

You sound gay.

iPod Touch 6, but never took it outside yet.

I do have an old ipod, but I hardly use it. It is one of the old ones too, with the little wheel and everything.

I can't justify spending an extra $100/month for a smart phone when I spend most of my time at home. I have several Ipod nanos to use in my vehicles shop, garage and house.

I have an iPod Nano 2nd generation here if I can ever find the charge cord for it. I haven't really been looking for the charge cord. Think it's my brother's. I had many others along the way, but they're all gone.

I don't even have an I-Pod, I actually have one of those cheap mp3 players that's about 10yrs old or a bit less. It works fine. I'm not the most tech-savvy for a start and 99% of my music nowadays has been downloaded, no chance I'm buying all the albums I want on I-Tunes.

i got my ipod back in 2006. and that was when i was still in highschool.

so you know, you would go to another friends house and rip music of their computer.

i did this for years and years aswell as adding my own much cooler taste in music to my pod.

but, i never backed it up. ever.

and one morning back in 2008-ish 4:45am to be precise i came back from a club and went to put on some chilled tunes till i fell asleep which was hard because i was peaking my fucking balls off.

but, as soon as i hooked my ipod to my stereo, it came up with 'restoring factory settings' and a loading sign. and my ipod was rebooted to having nothing. i got so mad at it, i threw it out my window. i was so jaded losing so much good music i got from different times of my life. now i really listen to music when i am at work and at home so i just use youtube 24/7.

It's a hassle carrying multiple devices, just get a sd card for your phone.
If you're only using the mp3 in your car it's not the least bit of a hassle. And most phones have a SD card size limit. And it kills you battery.

I've got a sony mp3 player thats about 6 years old and still going strong. For me storing and playing music on my phone isn't practical mainly due to battery drain and storage issues. Also since my mp3 is nice and petite it's way better for working out and much less likely to get damaged.

The smartphone has made mp3 players, GPS units, and point and shoot cameras less relevant these days. It's nice having all the capability in one device. However, I can see the advantages of dedicated devices.

I'm pretty much the total opposite. I do take most pictures on my phone, but if I am taking pictures for a purpose and not just randomly, I'll use a camera. As for music and podcast, I'm outside and commuting all day, so if I used my phone for that, the battery would be dead by noon.

No, but only because I lost mine and I'm too lazy to buy a new one.

I have an ipod for running, dropped my phone too many times even while in the best cases made to stop just that.

Hah, this.

I have a shitty ipod touch from a few years back for running and playing music in the car. Plus I have an S5 and running with that brick is just akward.

Back