Anyone know anything about pokemon cards?

1st edition holographic Charizards are where it’s at
I remember I got one once when i was a kid and sold it to some card nerd for a bill

Good times lol

Pokemon cards were the shit. Just hustling kids at recess

When I was a kid I used to buy loads of packets, open the packets carefully, take out the shiny card and replace it with an energy card , and glue the packet closed.

Then I would sell the packets to kids at my school at more than full price, and sell the shiny cards seperatley.

I was a pretty evil kid.

Eventually I grew a conscience though.
I jacked like 500$ from my brother when I was like 11 or something and spent it all on pokemon cards lol

But yeah

Hustlin was the whole game with those evil cards. They brought out the darker side of human nature, even in children.

The news is reporting people going bananas staking out and wiping out all supply of McDonald's Happy Meal Pokemon anniversary cards. Reports of selling unopened cases of the cards so must have been foul play involved.

I wouldn't mind having one pack just for the novelty and having owned a grand total of one Pokemon game: 3DS Pokemon Y from a buy two get one free deal.

I remember I got one once when i was a kid and sold it to some card nerd for a bill

Good times lol

Pokemon cards were the shit. Just hustling kids at recess
That’s a $50,000 if in pristine condition these days

Charizard is all you need

il_794xN.2126507433_lm5l.jpg

Only that you gotta catch them all, to truly be the best.

I'm thinking of buying a job lot off Facebook but not sure how much they're worth and it's hard to find out through Google etc so if anyone has any knowledge I'd be grateful. I want to start collecting as an investment
You know you're a :eek::eek::eek: when...

I know it’s for nerds and some are worth ungodly amounts of cash

That’s a $50,000 if in pristine condition these days
That's for like a shadowless holo in perfect condition and top grade, meaning they cut and print it perfectly. You could have a card without a blemish on it and it still lose value because of the factory.

When I was a kid I used to buy loads of packets, open the packets carefully, take out the shiny card and replace it with an energy card , and glue the packet closed.

Then I would sell the packets to kids at my school at more than full price, and sell the shiny cards seperatley.

I was a pretty evil kid.

Eventually I grew a conscience though.
I use to go in stores and weigh them with my digi weed scale. Shiny ones weigh more so you can tell if a pack has one. You’re idea is still much cooler I wish I had thought of that.

Pokemon fans are absolutely nuts! Wiping out all the Happy Meal Pokemon cards, the cereal cards, everything.

A couple months ago I found my son’s pokemon cards binder from about 20 years ago. All in good shape. Not sure how much it’s worth but he was surprised when i dropped them at his place.

Reactions: Zer
I'm thinking of buying a job lot off Facebook but not sure how much they're worth and it's hard to find out through Google etc so if anyone has any knowledge I'd be grateful. I want to start collecting as an investment

I made 1650 on ebay this month selling my old ones. Im about done with the good ones though. As a long term investment idk it would only work if you got mint cards and you have to pay alot to get em.

Back