Anyone know about comic books? Any idea what these are worth?

jeff7b9

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Garage sale tomorrow. *

I don't really know shit about comics. Got these at a garage sale a few years ago in a box that was the box for a lava lamp. Instead of lava lamp I got home and found comic books.

* if it was worth my time... I suppose I could do FB marketplace if that meant a decent chunk more money.

It's mostly "Spawn" a few "Spawn: Blood Feud" and 3 -4 issues of "Pitt" which includes a Pitt #1

There is an issue #1 Spawn.

Are they worth anything?

What would be fair price for these?
Price for #1 issues?

Seem to be going in the $35 range (issues 1 -5 / low #s) on FB marketplace by me.

Screenshot_20240921_191443_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20240921_191039_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20240921_191050_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20240921_191123_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20240921_192007_Facebook.jpg

Check on Ebay for those same comics to get an idea of the going rate.

Edit: I see you already did. Make sure it matches exactly, and that the seller actually has completed transactions for those items in his review section. Sometimes people put up random prices that never sell. Also, for this sort of stuff, I recommend you look for a subreddit dedicated to comics and ask there.

Check on Ebay for those same comics to get an idea of the going rate.

Edit: I see you already did. Make sure it matches exactly, and that the seller actually has completed transactions for those items in his review section. Sometimes people put up random prices that never sell. Also, for this sort of stuff, I recommend you look for a subreddit dedicated to comics and ask there.

Yeah that's is kind of why I was asking for assistance because I don't know enough to know if those prices are legit or just someone fishing for a sucker.

I'm thinking like $1/each and I'll try to sell the #1 issues on FB.

Not being in that world at all I don't know if therenis any sort of guideline in place.

For example, generally speaking used music gear sells for about half the new price. There are exceptions but that guideline would be pretty decent or at least give you a decent starting point to work from.

Subreddit is a good idea.

Thanks

Yeah that's is kind of why I was asking for assistance because I don't know enough to know if those prices are legit or just someone fishing for a sucker.

I'm thinking like $1/each and I'll try to sell the #1 issues on FB.

Not being in that world at all I don't know if therenis any sort of guideline in place.

For example, generally speaking used music gear sells for about half the new price. There are exceptions but that guideline would be pretty decent or at least give you a decent starting point to work from.

Subreddit is a good idea.

Thanks
That fuckin Pitt #1 is pretty dope sir.
That was a fun comic, think you would dig that.

No idea on the price but just seeing one again brought nostalgia chills lol

Back in the day, Barnes & Noble or other book stores sold a magazine called Wizard which was a price guide for comics and noted if first appearance of a key character, I think.
Wizard was awesome and such a good price guide. I’m shocked nothing ever filled that void

Looks like there in pretty good condition. Shop around and see what people would offer for it. Like the poster in a couple posts above me said. Go to a legit comic store, just like card stores and they evaluate your comic books properly and hopefully.

You should sell them on Ebay or hold on to it. These comics will go up if there is a spawn movie or series that comes out.

I had all the image #1 issues Spawn, The Pitt, Savage Dragon, Invincible, The Maxx, Bone, and a bunch more and about 5 years worth of Wizard magazines and sold them a few years ago and got like $250-300ish If I remember correctly. Probably won't get shit yardsale though. Take em to your local nerd store.

I'm still sad about it.

They had a first edition spawn issue 1 for 17 dollars at a comic book shop when i was a kid, in Germany. My parents wouldn't get it for me. Crushing the heart of a poor 7 year old....

Reactions: HHJ
As an 80's kid, I really didnt like the Image comics art style when it came out.

I did like Maxxx tho but it was maybe later on that I appreciated it.

Back