Anyone get a lot of crap for dieting?

I get tired of people asking for advice because I eat fairly healthily, and then not following it. I don't care what other people eat, except my kids, or what size they are. It's all about choices and sacrifices. But don't ask me for advice, I then invest some time in helping, and then you just blow it off.

I had one guy at work repeatedly asking for tips on how to shed fat and pounds, he tried for a few days and when he returned to work told me he didn't have to do any of those things I recommended, things like eating properly and exercising. His doctor prescribed a pill that will make him lose weight. Problem solved!

I also get tired of these questions/statements:

Them: Let's go to McDonalds.
Me: I don't really eat fast food.
Them: Well, geez, what DO you eat then?

Or: Do you ever eat?

Yes, like 5 times a day, just smaller, healthier portions than you.

I'm so fucking sick of people pointing out my diet at work. Fuck me.

"Hey, I see your still eating spinach and hard boiled eggs! Is that all you eat??"

"Oh I see your still on that diet of yours!"

I'm not on a diet you fuckers... its called eating fucking healthy. Try it you fat fucks. As people are scarfing down their hot dogs, Michelenas, pizza pops, etc. I'm sure some people think I'm feminine because of the way I eat.

I'm so fucking sick of people pointing out my diet at work. Fuck me.

"Hey, I see your still eating spinach and hard boiled eggs! Is that all you eat??"

"Oh I see your still on that diet of yours!"

Yes, yes, yes! I hear the exact same shit. Like if they don't observe me eat, I starve myself. And after I lose all the weight I want, I'm just going to give up and eat fast food everyday because continuing to eat healthy just makes no sense apparently.

And after I lose all the weight I want, I'm just going to give up and eat fast food everyday because continuing to eat healthy just makes no sense apparently.

this lol.

People are like: "well you are at your desired weight so can't you stop dieting?". Whats the point of getting to your goal weight just to start eating like shit again?

Also: I AM NOT ON A DIET.

lets just put it this way. I'm mostly a raw whole food vegan. And I'm Latino. I get shit 24/7 from everywhere and anywhere. Even other raw vegans hate me because I'm not strict on my diet nor do I do it for ethical reasons. It never ends for me.

I get tired of people asking for advice because I eat fairly healthily, and then not following it. I don't care what other people eat, except my kids, or what size they are. It's all about choices and sacrifices. But don't ask me for advice, I then invest some time in helping, and then you just blow it off.

I had one guy at work repeatedly asking for tips on how to shed fat and pounds, he tried for a few days and when he returned to work told me he didn't have to do any of those things I recommended, things like eating properly and exercising. His doctor prescribed a pill that will make him lose weight. Problem solved!

I also get tired of these questions/statements:

Them: Let's go to McDonalds.
Me: I don't really eat fast food.

Yes, like 5 times a day, just smaller, healthier portions than you.

I'm also sick and tired of wasting my time giving advice, and that goes for anything and everything. From now on, if people want advice from me they're going to have to pay for it. That way I'll either not have to worry about giving any advice out to people who don't take it anyway, or I'll be compensated for my time. My time is valuable, and I'm no longer going to waste it on people who have no intention of doing anything with their lives but bitch about it. You should do this.

Yeah, I catch a lot of shit for it. It gets pretty old. I usually just try my damnedest to be inconspicuous and not mention it cause I hate talking about weight loss/fitness with people. They always know a "better, easier" way and want to point out all the bad stuff you are doing.

To be devil's advocate tho, some people can be douche bags about their diet to. I hate people that want to go around preaching and acting like they are superior or special because they "dont eat that"

I have a room mate who is quite ectomorphic. He eats whatever he feels like eating (lots of kraft dinner and pizza etc.) and he's always been extra lean, I'm talking like with veins coming out of his six-pack. This room mate will clown me a bit for eating healthy, but I brush it off; I've seen whenever he trains with me, he gasses or fails and I keep going. It's actually funny how athletic he looks compared to how poor his performance is.

I've never been in a fight outside of training, actually. Fun fact.

This is completely off-topic, don't even ask what is the point, but maybe you'll find it interesting:

- In Montr

^I never really get angry at anyone but myself, and fighting myself doesn't seem too interesting, so, unless I am literally attacked, probably won't be getting into any fights.

I don't "get crap" from people I respect, just all the other people that are part of my life who's opinions don't matter anyway.

If it wasn't my diet it would be my tie matching my shirt, or music in my office etc etc. Heaven forbid I walk into work with a few bruises or marks from sparring.

Such is life, some people live it and others talk about them.

Most my friends are respectful of my eating to the point of stashing trail mix in pockets when going clubbing for me. :)

Cow-orkers defuse easily with something about being lactose-intolerant.

My family.... give me so much crap. I have no clue how to defuse, and they throw from all angles. Two creative angles they like:
"Don't eat the money thats rude!" (eating meat/veg without stuffing in a white starch first) (on a meal I PURCHASED!)
"Your smart you dont need to blah blah...."
I just avoid them.

Every one seems to chime in on what I should eat to make myself bigger, including a lot of ridiculous advice like "eat a ton of food and don't work out at all." I'm not even trying to get bigger, I just have an athletic frame and there is no way I am going to get smaller from fitness. Best to just take folks like that with a grain of salt and continue on about your day.

Great topic! I am 50/50. I get the same questions a lot of you have mentioned and then I have another group of friends that all really seem to be healthy/exercising type (Pt's, outdoor jobs, triathlets) but when we get together it is usually for some sort of big pissup or something. I don't know if they are all ecto's or what but they definitely do the cheat meal/drinks thing and don't seem to worry about it. I usually feel a bit guilty and do some extra training or something beforehand.

Also, get people asking me at work why I eat so often etc. e.g. a fella asked me that the other day and then goes out at lunchtime to KFC for some monster mega box thing. I figure, if people want nutritional advice then I am happy to give it to them but don't criticise my way of living/eating (especially if you are obese!)

Loved the comment about steak and garlic bread as well :p Get that a lot!

Get a few friends asking for fitness advice as well though. "how do I get good core muscles?" reading between lines, "how do I get a 6pack" Not usually happy with the response "abs are made in the kitchen". "You mean I can't just do 50 situps a day?" :p

My family is Italian, when I went visited them in Montreal last year I was on a diet trying to lose weight. Trust me, it was THE worst test of will power in my life.

If anyone knows about Italians is that they feed you and feed you until you're stuffed then they feed you some more. So when I went there and had two egg whites for breakfast and a banana with some skim milk instead of a huge omlette with bacon and french toast they looked at me like I was deranged.

For lunch I had a grilled chicken breast with a side of vegetables instead of italian wedding soup, gnocchi and sausages.

Dinner was the worst; i had salmon with some vegetables and fruit for dessert, while they had spaghetti and meatballs (yeah yeah), sausages, home made cheese, deepfried garden flower (it's a weird dish, trust me) and red wine.

When everyone saw me eating my little portions they told me I ate like a bird and my stomach would 'close' and I would have to be fed by tube in a hospital.

For dessert they made Tiramisu, which is by far the best cake on the planet and you'll never ever have the REAL Tiramisu unless it's homemade, the shit you buy at safeway or your local supermarket is not, repeat not even remotely close to the real thing, the ingredients aren't even remotely close to the actual ingredients. Anyways, as a kid my grandma use to make me an entire tin tray to myself and I would finish it in one sitting, I wasn't fat at the time nor am I fat now but I would finish the entire cake in one sitting.

She made me that cake specifically for me when I visited them last summer because they knew I loved it; unfortunately I only ate one piece the entire month I was there.

Long story short, I was guilt tripped, made fun of and criticized. I ended up binging when I got home. :redface:

I just realized I typed a lot.

Damn.

figured i'd make this here instead of mayberry since there are more people monitoring their diet...

It seems like anytime i'm out somewhere at a party or anywhere with food, everyone has to put in their two cents about my diet. I stay pretty good on it so if it's not a cheat day i won't drink any beer or eat any of the crap they serve. I tell people about this beforehand and they are the ones inviting me to the party. I'm 6'3" 191, and i just lost 50 lbs. So i seem a lot thinner than i was. My goal weight is 185 so i'm almost there. I'll obviously still eat clean afterwards though. Someone today actually said today i had an eating disorder because i wasn't drinking beer? Who else has to deal with people that are uneducated when it comes to dieting that think they know it all?

shut the fuk up about your diet & no one will no pencil neck

The people who think dieting is only for when you're overweight are overweight because of that mindset. To me a proper diet is just a way of life.

friends and family seem to have an interest in me not being healthy.
everytime i meet friends the first thing they do is buying some shitty food.
everytime i meet my family the main activity seems to be eating.
almost all of them are overweight.

damn, i once again have to realize that my best friend weighs more than 260lbs now!!!
he his on the best way to die young and is still laughing about my eating behaviour.

imagine three fat critters, everyone eating his own pizza and after every piece of it that has vanished asking me if i

I have always had hotter girlfriends and pull hotter girls than my fatter friends in the bars. This is generally how I justify my diet.

PS - I'm just back from Ibiza, was good times! :icon_chee

Back