Anyone feel that Adesanya is getting the fast track treatment undeservedly?

I don't get why people say this.

Life is a series of events. If Israel gets matched up with Jacare or Romero or Weidman or another top MW after the Anderson fight, he might lose, and therefore never get this opportunity.

Just because you beat one top guy doesn't mean you deserve to be ranked along with other top 5 guys
all he can do is take advantage of the opportunity presented to him. I favor Kelvin, but am excited for the fight.

If you can talk, you have a good personality, confidence, and can put butts in seats - you'll get fast-tracked to a title shot.

Es normal.
That is total bullshit. He has a good personality??? He is a total tool. This is what is turning the sport that I fell in love with a joke.

all he can do is take advantage of the opportunity presented to him. I favor Kelvin, but am excited for the fight.

I don't BLAME Israel but I do think he is getting the standard star in the making treatment

they want to make a NZ vs Australia fight. Adesanya could have been matched up with Weidman, Costa, Romero, Jacare...

If you're betting put some on KG as the dog and IA UD.

Since when is it a new thing for the UFC to fast track or protect a favored fighter? Northcutt, Van Zant, Ngannou, and even McGregor were all at least as egregious as Adesanya.

That is total bullshit. He has a good personality??? He is a total tool. This is what is turning the sport that I fell in love with a joke.

You're not understanding me. I don't mean "good personality" in the sense that I think he's a good person. I mean he has a good personality for getting people to watch - love him or hate him, you want to see him fight.

And if fighters being themselves is what turned you off of MMA, then don't let the door hit you on your way out. You weren't a real fan anyway and we don't need more casuals because MMA is doing fine.

How many guys are 14-0 in MMA putting on great fan favorite style fights in the UFC at that point in their careers? Combat sports star as well in kickboxing. Just because you didn't know him before the UFC doesn't mean he's getting an unwarranted push.

I don't think you understand the difference between a fighter being given a marketing push and a fighter being fast tracked to a title shot.

I think so, but this will be a good test for him. In my opinion, Kelvin will give him a good fight and has a good shot at KOing him. If Adesanya decisively beats Kelvin, the hype is justified.

Honestly though, I haven't been too impressed with him. He had the really close fight with old Anderson, a close fight with Marvin Vettori, and the rest of the people he fought were just meh. Brunson has never been able to beat good fighters and fought Adesanya absolutely terrified.
The Anderson fight wasn't close.

Throw him to the wolves. It's not like MW has much to get excited about. They ain't doing Yoel vs Whittaker 3 any time soon.

It was pretty close, but Adesanya edged him winning 2 rounds to 1. Good thing Andy took the last round off and did nothing like he did against Ping.
I just watched the fight earlier today, he had Anderson looking silly. I'm an Anderson fan but come on he got outclassed.

I just watched the fight earlier today, he had Anderson looking silly. I'm an Anderson fan but come on he got outclassed.
Out classed? I dont know about that. I remember Adesanya clearly winning the first round. Silva winning the second round, though it was close. Then, Anderson Silva did nothing the third round and lost that one.

Either way, bad performance by Adesanya. Barely beating Andy at his age isn't that great of a feat. I think Jacare, Weidman, Mousasi, Whittaker, Romero, Rockhold, and Costa stop Anderson.

Israel's skill, work and willingness to fight every other month is now described as "fast track treatment."

tenor.gif

I do, and I wanna see him lose, not only due to that but his general attitude and cockiness. You can convey self confidence without expressing yourself ignorantly and coming off like an a hole imo. War Kelvin, the great Mexican Kevin. We gon' make it, just watch lol
"You can convey self confidence without expressing yourse...."

You whine like a bitch. The problem is clearly the ease in which you are triggered. But you choose to ignore that to blame him. This is why you're going to continue behaving like a frightened child.

If he wins tonight, then that fast track will have been justified.
yaa i never got this fast track idea. if ppl fast track you, you get ur head smashed in. so its almost better to take it slow, ala boxing and pad ur stats.

side note i love fast track both on the fighters and ufc side.

squash matches ala boxing are boring and looks shitty on the fighter.

Back