Anyone feel that Adesanya is getting the fast track treatment undeservedly?

I wouldn’t say it’s undeserved; last thing I heard was that he’s the second best fighter of all-time, with only Darren Till being better.

This will be his 6th fight in a little over a year. Gotta give him some credit

MW right now is shallow, in fact I would argue it's more shallow than LHW. Gastelum has already fought Jacare not long ago so who else could Gastelum fight other than Israel?

16-0, 5-0 in the ufc, beat 2 top 10 fighters, now fighting the number 4th guy
not fast tracked.

This just proves the point... How many UFC fighters get to fight a top ten guy in their fourth fight?? And how many guys have been given a title shot without having to face a single fighter in the top 5?

Both are very, very short lists of names.

Yup. This isn't even Gastelum toughest fight, guys Gastelum has fought and beat would run skinny over like a Mac truck.

I do, and I wanna see him lose, not only due to that but his general attitude and cockiness. You can convey self confidence without expressing yourself ignorantly and coming off like an a hole imo. War Kelvin, the great Mexican Kevin. We gon' make it, just watch lol

Funny how people give Usman ,who was actually born in Nigeria, shit for claiming Nigeria but American born Gastlelum is this Mexican warrior with a Mexican chin lol

If he wins tonight, then that fast track will have been justified.
Not really, because any given man can win on any given night. They are not superheroes. Unless you talk about Jones, PED or not, he always wins.
It's all about an opportunity.

Not at all
He's right where he should be
This isn't really a title shot

He's undefeated and easily taken apart 2 top 10 MWs (Brunson and Tavares) and is now getting his first top 5 guy
Not sure where people who feel he's being fast tracked think he should be, seems pretty standard.

Ay look Anderson is on his way out.

We need another skinny brotha out here doing work.....who isn't Jones.

The guy has 100+ pro fights at the highest level if you factor in kickboxing.

He won't win this fight anyway so who cares.

Silva was payed to throw that fight and he still couldn't finish him it was pathetic.

He deserves whatever he gets. If it's a beatdown, then so be it.

This just proves the point... How many UFC fighters get to fight a top ten guy in their fourth fight?? And how many guys have been given a title shot without having to face a single fighter in the top 5?

Both are very, very short lists of names.
How many guys are 14-0 in MMA putting on great fan favorite style fights in the UFC at that point in their careers? Combat sports star as well in kickboxing. Just because you didn't know him before the UFC doesn't mean he's getting an unwarranted push.

If he wins tonight, then that fast track will have been justified.

I don't get why people say this.

Life is a series of events. If Israel gets matched up with Jacare or Romero or Weidman or another top MW after the Anderson fight, he might lose, and therefore never get this opportunity.

Just because you beat one top guy doesn't mean you deserve to be ranked along with other top 5 guys

not necessarily. he's undefeated and an extremely active fighter with 6 fights in 14 months. he's beat some tough opposition in tavares, brunson and anderson. this fight will tell whether the push is deserved or not and he can show whether he is a top tier MW

He's also managed to skip virtually every top 10 fighter and will still somehow be fighting for a title tonight

Yes. And I think they will do the same to Walker like they did Yair.

I do, and I wanna see him lose, not only due to that but his general attitude and cockiness. You can convey self confidence without expressing yourself ignorantly and coming off like an a hole imo. War Kelvin, the great Mexican Kevin. We gon' make it, just watch lol
Ditto!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back