Anyone feel that Adesanya is getting the fast track treatment undeservedly?

2004 account

For a fair sport/true mma fan, ain't no shill
@Silver
Reaction score
I do, and I wanna see him lose, not only due to that but his general attitude and cockiness. You can convey self confidence without expressing yourself ignorantly and coming off like an a hole imo. War Kelvin, the great Mexican Kevin. We gon' make it, just watch lol

If he wins tonight, then that fast track will have been justified.

I have a feeling you're going to be bitterly disappointed tonight.

If you can talk, you have a good personality, confidence, and can put butts in seats - you'll get fast-tracked to a title shot.

Es normal.

Yeah. If the JRE syndicate didn't talk about him, he wouldn't be anywhere near a title shot. He's solid but he's got some Season 2 Ngannu blinders on and is into smelling his own ass.

I don't really think he's getting fast tracked to be honest. 16-0, 5-0 in the UFC, has beaten 3 top 15 ranked MW fighters, and is now fighting ranked #4.

Beyond any shadow of any doubt.

But a lot of fast tracked fighters go down in flames. We'll see tonight whether or not this kid's game deserved to be gifted an interim title shot.

Fast track? Hes 16-0, and hes beat two top 10 fighters. Lets go already.

Kelvin is a great test at MW and not an easy fight for anyone in the division.

If he beats Kelvin decisively I see no problem with how he is being moved along.

I do, and I wanna see him lose, not only due to that but his general attitude and cockiness. You can convey self confidence without expressing yourself ignorantly and coming off like an a hole imo. War Kelvin, the great Mexican Kevin. We gon' make it, just watch lol

Beta detected

Beyond any shadow of any doubt.

But a lot of fast tracked fighters go down in flames. We'll see tonight whether or not this kid's game deserved to be gifted an interim title shot.
16-0, 5-0 in the ufc, beat 2 top 10 fighters, now fighting the number 4th guy
not fast tracked.

People wanted to see him against yoel, but than you have people complain about contenders getting killed off and not getting new exciting title fights.

Only matters what he does with it.

I think so, but this will be a good test for him. In my opinion, Kelvin will give him a good fight and has a good shot at KOing him. If Adesanya decisively beats Kelvin, the hype is justified.

Honestly though, I haven't been too impressed with him. He had the really close fight with old Anderson, a close fight with Marvin Vettori, and the rest of the people he fought were just meh. Brunson has never been able to beat good fighters and fought Adesanya absolutely terrified.

not necessarily. he's undefeated and an extremely active fighter with 6 fights in 14 months. he's beat some tough opposition in tavares, brunson and anderson. this fight will tell whether the push is deserved or not and he can show whether he is a top tier MW

No. This is like Anderson Silva in the making. Mark my words. Adesanya will finish Kelvin with ease similar to SIlva finishing Leben in the 1st round. mark my words.

Yes and no..... and that's only because of the state of UFC s current middleweight division.

He did kinda get thrown into the title bout without much of a resume in the sport but I think thats where his history of combat and the hype play a big factor. He is getting lots of fans and we are definitely taking notice of him. It's not that big of a push, I would say in my perfect fantasy world he fought someone like Costa or Yoel and then winner of KG vs Roberto

Back