• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

anyone ever had a home invader?

yup , and it's about 60% white compared to 15% black, so you're looking at blacks have 4x as many murders proportionally.

I wonder how much more disproportionate the stats would be when comparing people below and above the poverty line.

Say what?

You might want to check your national violent-crime statistics.

I stand by that statement. White people give me the willies more than minorities. You seemed to have stopped @ the bolded text and didn't read the rest where I explained (lightly) why I feel this way.

I wonder how much more disproportionate the stats would be when comparing people below and above the poverty line.
prolly the same since all of florida is below the poverty line except palm beach.

yup , and it's about 60% white compared to 15% black, so you're looking at blacks have 4x as many murders proportionally.

What's up with you and minorities lol? There no need to make this a race thread.

prolly the same since all of florida is below the poverty line except palm beach.

I wish to defend my state but I cannot. I enjoy the heat (team/weather) and the pockets of freedom spread throughout the ghettos.

I stand by that statement. White people give me the willies more than minorities. You seemed to have stopped @ the bolded text and didn't read the rest where I explained (lightly) why I feel this way.
yeah but that doesn't really have anything to do with reality. arab-americans might make me more uncomfortable than blacks, but blacks commit so many more violent crimes in total and per capita than arabs it's not even funny.

i'm kidding about the poverty line thing of course.

I plan on buying an IMI Desert Eagle very soon.

I came home from work to check on my dog (Staffordshire bull terrier) just in time to see 3 drunk guys trying to climb in my living room window (I lived above the bar I worked in). Dog was giving them kisses and licking all over their face as they came in face first. I yelled at them to GTFO, which they did, and called the cops.

And for protection I live on a very high floor of a secured and guarded building.

That is hilarious.

yeah but that doesn't really have anything to do with reality. arab-americans might make me more uncomfortable than blacks, but blacks commit so many more violent crimes in total and per capita than arabs it's not even funny.

Of course. And I agree statistics are reality. My question would than be how much black violent crime is black on black? In the shit cities of America, in the shit neighborhoods? That stuff I don't care about, but it's certainly in the statistics. Which I guess now I'm questioning statistics ... it's good to write out ones thoughts on occasion

EDIT: I hope a black guy doesn't rob me anytime soon, I'll be so angry >.<

I have a louisville slugger, am thinking about getting a gun sometime, I live in a good quiet neighborhood, so I'm not really worried about it

Ionno, I do tense up and subconsciously ball-up my fists when I walk by a group of thugged out black dudes or thugged out cholos. But definitely don't have the same reaction while walking by a black dude in a tie or the mexican dudes at the home depot. There aren't any rednecks where I live, but i'd be pretty nervous around people like in that winters bone movie.

I had a home invader a couple of years ago.

I was in bed trying to sleep and he made his way into my room and was just running around in circles in my bedroom. I shit myself. Never thought it would happen. I yelled for help and just stood on my bed. He must have hidden because I couldnt see him but knew he was in my room with me. A couple of days later we trapped him inside one of our music speakers and released him back into the wild.

yeah i meant firing pin only design. i think it can get into semantics though because the firing pin is the part that by definition hits the primer. it can be part of the hammer or whateva.

i think i'll buy a 19 just as a fun, reliable all around pistol. i'd rather have a 1911 for home defense, but when you factor in cost and all the fun goodies that are easily available, that's really why i'll end up getting one. i don't really need a pistol for anything. i just want one for fun that would serve as a home defense weapon as a secondary role.

I'm not familiar with the Glock line, so you'll forgive my ignorance. Is the 19 a .40 S&W, 10mm, .45 ACP? If you like the 1911, Taurus is very reasonable. I got mine with a ton of supplementary additions (extended dovetail, lower accessory rail, Novak sights, etc.) for 700-800. Rock River sells a cheap, authentic 1911 (which is easy to pimp out) for around 500, I think. AND it's gotten excellent reviews.

Good point. Someone, somewhere in time should have told me that simple thing but nop you are the first.

I don't intend to sound sadistic, but once you've taken the legs out, it should be a quick matter of racking another round and finishing the job. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I don't consider myself the ultimate fighter, so if you break into my house, I'm looking to end it.

Never had one personally. Some close calls, people trying to open the door, window, etc.

I'm leaving for about a year, my girlfriend will be home alone with her roommate (another defensless female) and it's a bit disturbing to me. Our new place is in a nice area, we know all the people on the street, but it's still making me nervous. Trying to get her into a class to buy a shotgun. Something simple - like a coach gun or something - that she can grab if TSHTF

Never had one personally. Some close calls, people trying to open the door, window, etc.

I'm leaving for about a year, my girlfriend will be home alone with her roommate (another defensless female) and it's a bit disturbing to me. Our new place is in a nice area, we know all the people on the street, but it's still making me nervous. Trying to get her into a class to buy a shotgun. Something simple - like a coach gun or something - that she can grab if TSHTF

Doubt there will be any home invasion going on but definitely some pussy invasion.

Doubt there will be any home invasion going on but definitely some pussy invasion.

When I get home there will be a pussy invasion, on both of their accounts.

My former sister-in-law was my pupil. She was just 15 when I married her sister, so I, essentially, got to raise her in the ways of self defense. Lol. I taught her about guns, and I taught her how to use a knife. Years later, she and her husband saw someone creeping up to their sliding glass doors on their deck. She immediately had her S&W 9mm in hand. I was so proud. Lol.

I'm not familiar with the Glock line, so you'll forgive my ignorance. Is the 19 a .40 S&W, 10mm, .45 ACP? If you like the 1911, Taurus is very reasonable. I got mine with a ton of supplementary additions (extended dovetail, lower accessory rail, Novak sights, etc.) for 700-800. Rock River sells a cheap, authentic 1911 (which is easy to pimp out) for around 500, I think. AND it's gotten excellent reviews.
the 19 is specifically this one model chambered for 9mm. they have guns with basically the same exact design chambered in .40 and i think .45, but that 10mm they make only comes in a design that's not really suitable for concealed carry.

thanks for the recommendations. i've actually had my eye on the rock river. the only thin that makes me a bit nervous is, isn't it mostly filipino parts? that isn't to say that filipino parts are necessarily bad, but i guess it's not a plus when you compare it to something 100% 'murrican.

Back