• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television THE BOYS (Season 4 Returns June 13, 2024; Season 5 Will Be the Final Season)

If you have seen THE BOYS Season 3, how would you rate it?

• Total voters

Anthony looks unrecognizable with facial hair.

Erin looks unrecognizable with those layers of makeup to cover up her botched plastic surgery.

Does she really look that bad in the series?

She looks like a tranny now.

Watched the first 3 episodes last night. It feels really disjointed, like I missed a season or something. It should be firing on all cylinders at this point, but it feels stuck in the mud.

Lobotomy tool

From what I've read, Sage gives herself lobotomies to turn off her Super Intelligence and just think at a normal human's level for a while. Since the effects are obviously not permenent, she must have some kind of Healing Factor that allows her to recover quickly.

To be honest, it was so bleak I tapped out after the first few issues. And I'm a huge Garth Ennis fan who's read every issue of his Punisher Max run as well as The Boys.

I consider Ennis's Max Punisher run to be THE standard for all Punisher content, and so far nothing has come close. Not even the Netflix Punisher 1st season.

But Crossed? Its just a zombie series with the gross-out nihilism turned up to 11 out of 10 with anti-religionism imagery.

Let me put it this way... its was already clear that Garth Ennis is an athiest... and Crossed was the equivelent of writing a letter to God demanding to be sent to hell when he dies.

Yeah, its that horrible.

I consider Ennis's Max Punisher run to be THE standard for all Punisher content, and so far nothing has come close. Not even the Netflix Punisher 1st season.

But Crossed? Its just a zombie series with the gross-out nihilism turned up to 11 out of 10 with anti-religionism imagery.

Let me put it this way... its was already clear that Garth Ennis is an athiest... and Crossed was the equivelent of writing a letter to God demanding to be sent to hell when he dies.

Yeah, its that horrible.

Yeah... Crossed is just...

<{ByeHomer}>

From what I've read, Sage gives herself lobotomies to turn off her Super Intelligence and just think at a normal human's level for a while. Since the effects are obviously not permenent, she must have some kind of Healing Factor that allows her to recover quickly.
When they showed her powers earlier she had moderate regenerative healing listed so most likely she is getting "high" from the lobotomies then healing back to normal afterwards

Yeah I Wasn’t gonna jump to conclusions with the healing favtor but I’d assume that’s most likely right

That makes sense. I wasn’t sure what was up with that bloody instrument either

Regenerative Healing Factor: Sister Sage possesses regenerative healing powers. She has a habit of lobotomizing herself regularly to enjoy activities that normal people do, with the implication that the damage to her brain heals over time. This process temporarily lowers her intelligence level before it gradually returns to its superhuman state. Vought has officially classified her regeneration ability as "moderate."

I loved when she was so happy signing to frenchie she was going to kill the shining light crew

I also that it was cute when she tries to convince Frenchie to hook up with his old boyfriend by claiming she'd had sex with some random guy,

<Sign language>He put his penis in my vagina!<sign language>

Yeah, its that horrible.

Ennis was obviously in a very, very dark place when he wrote Crossed.

Even by his standards.

Ennis was obviously in a very, very dark place when he wrote Crossed.

Even by his standards.

Has he spoken about the 'very very dark place' he was in? Because his default standard is 'very dark place.'

It was like he got sick of zombie movies, in the ways he's sick of super heroes, and started writing the most fucked up zombie story he could... and he succeeded in writing the most fucked up zombie that's ever been published.

Earlier I checked out wikipedia for Crossed, and apparently it became a respectably sized series of books, which even Alan Moore (V For Vendetta & Watchmen) wrote an arc for.

It also mentioned a Thai horror movie 'The Sadness' that was supposedly inspired by Crossed. I downloaded it, watched about 20 minutes of the 95 minute runtime, and besides the extremely low budget & makeup effects last seen in trashy 80s slasher flicks.... and compared to Crossed it was practically PG.

Trailer for it, for those who are interested -

Back