Anyone else wish it was Mir-Barnett, not Cormier?

RedRackham

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thats a fight I've always wanted to see!

Also, is barnett even coming over to the ufc again? I guess thats a whole other thread in its self, but if I can get opinions and answers in one swoop, why not!

Barnett will not come over and no I like watching Mir's head get dribbled.

Barnett will not come over and no I like watching Mir's head get dribbled.

Is Barnett not coming over confirmed, or that something you are predicting? I missed most of the last Strikeforce card (only got to see last 2 fights) so I don't know if Barnett said something post fight or in the conference or in interviews (don't really follow Barnett besides watching him fight).

I would really like to see Barnett v. JDS as well as Barnett v. Mir

Is Barnett not coming over confirmed, or that something you are predicting? I missed most of the last Strikeforce card (only got to see last 2 fights) so I don't know if Barnett said something post fight or in the conference or in interviews (don't really follow Barnett besides watching him fight).

A little while ago, news feeds said he is not confirmed or declined/shut out yet. I hope its just his opinion, even though him not coming seems to be the likely outcome. :(

Barnett makes 250,000 per fight and loves to do pro wrestling. Plus rumors are, and Barnett has hinted at this, contract negotiations aren't going well. Barnett will make more money outside the Ufc than he will in the Ufc.

A little while ago, news feeds said he is not confirmed or declined/shut out yet. I hope its just his opinion, even though him not coming seems to be the likely outcome. :(

Barnett makes 250,000 per fight and loves to do pro wrestling. Plus rumors are, and Barnett has hinted at this, contract negotiations aren't going well. Barnett will make more money outside the Ufc than he will in the Ufc.

Thanks guys.

Didn't realize he was making that much, but I'm not surprised. I can't imagine the UFC matching that pay. Some awesome matchups could be made if he joined the UFC but I guess at this point in his career he might as well just go wherever the money is and wherever he's happy

Which mma organization is left if he wants to make 250k or close to that doing mma at hw? Pro wrestling it is for him I guess. Thats fine, just dissappointing as a mma fan.

yes, so cormier vs jones will happen sooner

I'd like to see Barnett in the UFC but I don't think the UFC is going after heavy weights at his age they seem to be focusing on the younger fighters

Which mma organization is left if he wants to make 250k or close to that doing mma at hw? Pro wrestling it is for him I guess. Thats fine, just dissappointing as a mma fan.

Barnett may do a King Mo going to TNA pretend wrestling and Bellator for mma.

Barnett may do a King Mo going to TNA pretend wrestling and Bellator for mma.

Bellator has already said they don't want Barnett. I'm unfamiliar with posting rules here regarding links, but a quick search will show you. Maybe even on the handsome SD home page, if not the wild web! :)

Bellator has already said they don't want Barnett. I'm unfamiliar with posting rules here regarding links, but a quick search will show you.

I guess it back to Japan for Big Josh and it sucks as he has some fight left in him yet.

Bellator doesn't want him because they have the most stacked HW division in MMA

youre-youre-crazy-man-frank-the-tank-demotivational-poster-1219152399.jpg

Barnett and Mir must happen but I doubt Barnett makes it into the UFC. Too much bad blood between him & Dana. Damn shame.

Bellator has already said they don't want Barnett. I'm unfamiliar with posting rules here regarding links, but a quick search will show you. Maybe even on the handsome SD home page, if not the wild web! :)

If barnett does mma he is in the UFC because Bellator can't pay him enough. I doubt he can command 250 to show, maybe 1 and 1 for a win, but who knows with the huge Alvarez deal and the UFC wanting to lock everyone down, who knows....

Mir vs Cormier is cool with me, i think Mir will be a great test to see how he is going to do in UFC. I know Cormier is bad ass, but still this will be a good test

No, I can't stand Barnett. Between the steroids, horrible personality, and the fact that he looks like a pudgy dork - I wouldn't be upset if I never saw him fight again......ever.....;)

I suppose the PEDs could be the problem but they are seriously lacking in HW talent. They don't seem to mind with King Mo and can't make weight or get into the country daley

My guess is they don't want Barnett because:

1. He would be asking for too much money when he really isn't worth that much, and

2. Because say Barnett were to become Bellator's HW champion. It wouldn't look good for Bellator because they would have a HW champion that got beat by a guy who is in the UFC, meaning they wouldn't be able to make the claim that they have the "best" HW in the world. So having Barnett just doesn't benefit Bellator all that much.

That's my guess as to why Bellator isn't really interested in him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back