Anyone else think they both gassed hard?

Darkart

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just rewatched the HW title fight, am I the only one that thinks Cain faded at the end of the 1st round? IMO Cain was lucky in that JDS seemed to gas even harder, he was dead after 90 seconds into the first (maybe Cain's overhand right caused this, but JDS said it didn't after the fight, that it was the grappling that ruined him).

Seriously by the middle of the second round they are both gassed. Cain's arms are rubber by the end of the 2nd round not just less power but slower as well, so I'm not buying the Diaz-esque only use 50% power theory of Rogan, I think Cain would have finished JDS there if he could have, but he knew his tank was gone so he didn't even try. JDS couldn't run up a flight of stairs at that point, leaning against the cage, hand by his waist even when Cain is making separation to throw. Either Cain has no killer instinct (not true) or he simply didn't have the energy to end it (my theory).

"Cardio" Cain won via slightly better cardio, but I think they both showed bad cardio in this fight. Without the Couture style wall lean it would have ended up looking like Alexander vs. Kimbo.

Cain did fade but Dos Santos was just dead after the 1st round so compared to Dos Santos he was great, but this cain has cardio for days needs to end because he didnt last night

Not at all. Cain got tired from beating his ass so hard and JDS got tired from being on the receiving end and trying to standup after being taken down by Cain just to be tossed down to the ground again. Cain set a ridiculous pace on him in the first round, so obviously they were both going to tire out faster than in their past fights.

Maybe a little but it was a greuling first round and a greuling fight. Can any other HW keep up that pace?

I'm not so sure everyone on this website has the same definition of "gassing"

Both are HW, what can u wait? Two big guys gassing, pushing against the fence or trying to get a lucky punch :icon_cry2, and some people doesn

Cain was definitely tired in the 4th-5th rounds. Didn't have much on his punches. But he still came forward like a beast.

I was really disappointed I didn't see any pace. What pace?

It was a crap ME both gassed hard Junior more through damage yes but still badly gassed.

It was a horse shit fight

I thought Jr Looked good in the first until about last 1 min when he got hit by some big shots, the first 3 or 4 min of the fight I would of given the round to Jr, he was tagging cain and cain was just failing takedowns with success once in a while just for Jr to stand back up again. After that though Jr was gassed pretty bad and got dominated.

Both fighters looked very tired at the end of the first round, especially JDS. I

Cain has the best cardio at HW by far. No other HW could come close to keeping that pace for even 2min

This. Miller was exhausted aftzer three rds of a similarly paced fight and he is a 155 with no cardio issues whatsoever. Cains strategy was to go at an insane pace and hope JDS would gass sooner and harder then him. It payed off.

I think it was a a testament to JDS's chin. He was taking some hard shots and he regained composure pretty fast.

I was really disappointed I didn't see any pace. What pace?

It was a crap ME both gassed hard Junior more through damage yes but still badly gassed.

It was a horse shit fight

Let your fanboy tears flow

Maybe a little but it was a greuling first round and a greuling fight. Can any other HW keep up that pace?

I'm not so sure everyone on this website has the same definition of "gassing"

This guy gets it.

Nobody gassed in that fight. JDS was out of this planet after the punch (his body was still in the cage, while his mind was clearly not). Cain exhausted himself punching and lifting up and throwing down a heavy dude that just would not give up.

What kind of gassed are you talking about. Look at JDS eyes after the punch, and count how many take downs and punches Cain landed. It is enough energy exhausted to leave a normal human being unconscious.

Cain was tired but there's still not a HW with better cardio. JDS just has a ton of heart. 99% of the HW division wouldn't have been able to go all 5.

Yeah, it seemed after the first couple of minutes (even before being rocked) JDS was showing signs of fatigue due to the sheer number of takedown attempts by Cain. And Cain looked noticeably depleted after the first round. But then again, they are massive people, remember how the gased HWs in TUF fight. Throwing a tired jab and then catching their breath for 10 seconds, rinse and repeat.

Back