Anyone else think they both gassed hard?

This. Miller was exhausted aftzer three rds of a similarly paced fight and he is a 155 with no cardio issues whatsoever. Cains strategy was to go at an insane pace and hope JDS would gass sooner and harder then him. It payed off.

Pretty much that. Payed off big time.

They were both zombie mode during the championship rounds.

cardio for days is a myth

It's relative. What did Jim Miller say about his fatigue in the Lauzon fight? Fighters getting tires is like swimmers getting wet or something like that. In a high paced, high output fight anyone will get tired.

Yea I dont really buy that JDS was completely gassed out while Cain was just a little tired. JDS routinely got right back up whenever Cain took him down. If JDS was gassed so bad and Cain wasnt that wouldnt have happened.

They were both zombie mode during the championship rounds.

^^^Absolutely true!^^^
It looked like a sloppy bar fight in the 4th and 5th rounds not a professional championship fight.

Just rewatched the HW title fight, am I the only one that thinks Cain faded at the end of the 1st round? IMO Cain was lucky in that JDS seemed to gas even harder, he was dead after 90 seconds into the first (maybe Cain's overhand right caused this, but JDS said it didn't after the fight, that it was the grappling that ruined him).

Seriously by the middle of the second round they are both gassed. Cain's arms are rubber by the end of the 2nd round not just less power but slower as well, so I'm not buying the Diaz-esque only use 50% power theory of Rogan, I think Cain would have finished JDS there if he could have, but he knew his tank was gone so he didn't even try. JDS couldn't run up a flight of stairs at that point, leaning against the cage, hand by his waist even when Cain is making separation to throw. Either Cain has no killer instinct (not true) or he simply didn't have the energy to end it (my theory).

"Cardio" Cain won via slightly better cardio, but I think they both showed bad cardio in this fight. Without the Couture style wall lean it would have ended up looking like Alexander vs. Kimbo.
cain looked great . he did enough to beat jds

Both gassed in the first round but Cain also dished out a ton of punishment so jds took it way worse. Cain still had enough energy to go the rest of the fight.

Cain did look a bit more faded than normal.

I don't think there is a heavyweight that wouldn't gas with the pace of the 1st round. They both gassed but Cain not as much. Surprised it lasted the full 5 rounds after what happen in the first.

Its tough, grueling I think gased is not quite right.

They both gassed as early as the first round. I don't know why so many people are disputing the fact. JDS was spent after the first, the big shots he ate didn't help. But even Cains grappling and punches became sloppy a soon as the second, nothing was crisp. They are both warriors but for a world championship right I was disappointed.

Cain expended all his anaerobic energy in the 1st and gassed in the 2nd.

Junior gassed from avoiding TD's and standing back up. But part of it was just him getting rocked.

They were both spent mid-way through the 2nd.

JDS mid-way through the first.

I am very disappoint.

Cain has the best cardio at HW by far. No other HW could come close to keeping that pace for even 2min

this do people not understand how much energy a 240 lb man has to expend to move like that throw strikes and transition back and forth between grappling. also you try picking up another 240lb man that doesnt want to be lifted repeadtly

Back