Anyone else think it looks funny when muscular guys wear shirts way too small?

It’s a bit tough as unless you’re getting a custom shirt, you look a bit ridiculous if you are muscular. I’m only 185cm but most of my height is in my legs, so a large or XL looks like a dress lengthwise but fits in the chest shoulders but then there is a solid foot dangling because shirts that size are for some reason made thinking you have a gut.

Medium fits great in the waist but then I would need to Hogan that thing just to take it off and the sleeves are cartoonishly short.

basically I started wearing tshirts bc I got sick of dealing with this

A lot of it is brand selection. I tend to wear XL for the length, but it leaves the waist all loosy goosy.

A lot of it is brand selection. I tend to wear XL for the length, but it leaves the waist all loosy goosy.
Ya brands definitely matter, as the European and Asian traditionally fit slimmer, but I don’t like having the loose waist either. But obviously still better than having your shirt end halfway down your quad.

Im talking shirts that barely fit like this, This is called ill fitting.
Job_10379_web_v01_grande.jpg

FS1676_web_v01_grande.jpg

These shirts are proper fitting

This guy is muscular but his shirt is well fit, not tight where you cant breath and the buttons are about to burst but shapes to his body with room in the middle
performance-bamboo-short-sleeve-shirt-navy-dress-shirt_1024x.jpg

mzz57152_navy_xl

Yeah, the first 2 guys end up showing their gut/love handles more than their muscles,ill fitted clothes usually has the opposite effect of what was intended.

It’s a bit tough as unless you’re getting a custom shirt, you look a bit ridiculous if you are muscular. I’m only 185cm but most of my height is in my legs, so a large or XL looks like a dress lengthwise but fits in the chest shoulders but then there is a solid foot dangling because shirts that size are for some reason made thinking you have a gut.

Medium fits great in the waist but then I would need to Hogan that thing just to take it off and the sleeves are cartoonishly short.

basically I started wearing tshirts bc I got sick of dealing with this

Yeah the problem is clothes for men are basically done in 4 sizes to fit all bodypes, thats why you see a lot of fat guys wearing super long tshirts, those are the only ones that will fit their wide, but have the lenght made for a taller person, making them look even more sloppy.

Ya brands definitely matter, as the European and Asian traditionally fit slimmer, but I don’t like having the loose waist either. But obviously still better than having your shirt end halfway down your quad.
Express Clothing might be your thing bro if you like slimmer fit that isn't too tight, they got some really good fits for guys who are lean and muscular, they aren't too tight but fit just right. If the malls are open and you got one near you check them out.

What ill do is go to the store try on their shirts and then go online and buy from Express using their 50 percent off coupon they usually have lol I love saving money, they got a deal 50 percent of everything if you sign up for the email now and 30 percent off if you are a non member.

https://www.express.com/mens-clothing

Last edited:
Yeah the problem is clothes for men are basically done in 4 sizes to fit all bodypes, thats why you see a lot of fat guys wearing super long tshirts, those are the only ones that will fit their wide, but have the length made for a taller person, making them look even more sloppy.
yeah, its hard to find proper clothes especially online. The thing is also that a lot of clothing companies source their shirts to different manufacturers in different countries, so one of their shirts is made in Cambodia or something and will fit different than the medium shirt of the same brand made in Korea.

I used to buy a lot of clothing from Ambercrombie and fitch and Hollister are they still around? I have some slim jeans I got from Hollister like 5 years ago and they still hold up they slightly stretch only thing is you have to wear a belt because the waist area loosens up bad when you walk but other than that they fell great I don't like jeans that are too baggy or too tight, I like them slim but with some room.

Question for you chaps then... In the event, you are in between say M or an L which do you choose? Because I would size down, maybe a little to tight but id rather my physique look good. I hate when something is baggy, makes you look small and like shit.

If you can genuinely wear a medium it makes you look small because..... wait for it.... you are small.

Anyways, buy the large, throw it in the wash and lift heavier.

Think about it like this...it's harder for them to throw a punch because the shirt probably constricts their movement, just like it's harder for a dude to run when he's got his pants below his underwear. I still don't get that fashion move.

V necks on guys is cringe as faawk. Unless they're gay, then is normal.
Nothing is wrong with the classic v neck that will never go out of style especially with jeans this is classic v necks.
blackveenew1_1080x_6370d63c-7b30-44ce-8c3b-8e6bd20e1674_1800x1800.jpg

main-qimg-af337b5d641b9db62f3f0d57885d5ac7.webp

f0072cf3ea57621778650ebaf1bf3747--guy-style-style-men.jpg

You might be thinking of the extreme gay looking extreme plunging neckline V necks that a lot of guys were wearing now thats a different story
extreme-v-neck-sweater-in-muscle-fit-original-1193847.jpg

Deep-V-Neck-T-Shirt-Men-Fashion-Compression-Short-Sleeve-T-Shirt-Male-Muscle-Fitness-Tight.jpg

Is this the evolution of the hipsters from a few years back? They joined a gym, got on gear and went from skinny jeans to skinny shirts?
<JagsKiddingMe>

Nothing is wrong with the classic v neck that will never go out of style especially with jeans this is classic v necks.
blackveenew1_1080x_6370d63c-7b30-44ce-8c3b-8e6bd20e1674_1800x1800.jpg

main-qimg-af337b5d641b9db62f3f0d57885d5ac7.webp

f0072cf3ea57621778650ebaf1bf3747--guy-style-style-men.jpg

You might be thinking of the extreme gay looking extreme plunging neckline V necks that a lot of guys were wearing now thats a different story
extreme-v-neck-sweater-in-muscle-fit-original-1193847.jpg

Deep-V-Neck-T-Shirt-Men-Fashion-Compression-Short-Sleeve-T-Shirt-Male-Muscle-Fitness-Tight.jpg
The first one is ok, then things get progressively worse.

Im talking shirts that barely fit like this, This is called ill fitting.
Job_10379_web_v01_grande.jpg

FS1676_web_v01_grande.jpg

These shirts are proper fitting

This guy is muscular but his shirt is well fit, not tight where you cant breath and the buttons are about to burst but shapes to his body with room in the middle
performance-bamboo-short-sleeve-shirt-navy-dress-shirt_1024x.jpg

mzz57152_navy_xl

It's not funny. It's just fucking stupid. It looks fucking stupid. Feeling the need to show off one's muscles is a scream for attention and the need to feel admired. It's either vanity or insecurity. And usually is always guys who were skinny little weaklings not too long ago.

Did I mention it looks fucking ridiculous?

Back