Anyone else not be able to move on with life?

Get a girlfriend. You not having a problem with girls implies you don't have one and are only having empty flings. You sound like you need someone to experience life with.

Sorry for your loss. Yes, keep going. Even when all the outward signs of success are there, it’s ok to feel a little down. There’s lots of work that needs to be done.

The important thing to do is talk to someone about it

I see you already reached out to sherdog

Maybe you're gay and that's what's trying to really come out?

Seek help groups and therapy.

It can take a LONG time to get over something like that. It's already been mentioned, but talking to people about it is really the only way to expedite your way to normalcy.

It's something that happens to everyone. It happened to your parents before you, their parents before them all the way back forever. No offense, but all this crap you claim you have going sounds pretty empty. A bunch of flings and acquaintances and buying stupid shit tends to make you less happy, not more. Get a dog, date a real chick instead of a bunch of skanks you picked up club hopping.

I kept the last voicemail from my dad and his texts for a good few months after he died, but I went to work the next morning and only took a few days off to go to the funeral. There is no good that will come from shutting down and being sad all the time over something that happens to every other person. It gets easier, you just have to wait, and setting goals for yourself and leaving a little time alone for reflection makes the time go by easier and more thoroughly than putting a bunch of band aids on it buying crap and having meaningless hookups.

It seems like a corny premise now thanks to Hollywood, but some relationships are more than just functional or structural arrangements in that they underpin your actual existence. You can live a life completely detached from these relationships and still be in close psychological proximity to them every day. People then think the issue, especially with a relationship that is no longer physically accessible, is that it's gone or it's too far away. But the real problem is the opposite - it's the obsessiveness that comes with the knowledge that a psychological relationship depends entirely on your acknowledging and maintaining it as such. It's like stressing to hold a cup of water in your hands except the water is everything that's meaningful to you.

You need to process the state of this relationship. Give it a life-cycle. Realize that much of it will always be with you and that you can recall the best of it any time, but that you have more to add to it on your own. That's your direction. Ultimately if you can find someone to pass all that on to I think you'll be able to put together a whole new structure of meaning that will contextualize this loss in a healthy and optimistic story.

I had a fantastic childhood, thanks to my mother. I grew up in the 80s and I'm obsessed with it. I bought all my memorable toys I had when I was a kid. I have all my favorite movies.

My mom passed away not so long ago. It's hard to describe how depressed I was. I feel like I can't move on with my life.

I have a good job, I make more money than I can spend. I travel all over the world, go on cruises, etc.. I buy whatever I want. I have a nice house in the richest part of the city. People are reaching out to me and I try to be more outgoing. I go club hopping, meet new people. I got into several hobbies. I was into mountain biking. I joined a local basketball league. I have no problems with girls as they're the ones that come up to me.

But life feels so empty. I feel like all I want is to do is talk to my mom. I've tried everything and I'm scared as nothing seems to work. Everyone around me is noticing that there's something wrong. I try to put up a wall, but I guess it's that obvious. I cry more often than I'd like to admit. Especially when I'm driving. Nothing seems to work and all I want to do is talk to my mom.

Sorry for your loss. Maybe it's time to consider having a family of your own? I used to feel like you sometimes: life was empty and meaningless and I was restless. But since I became the head of my own family I don't feel like that anymore.

Not saying having kids doesn't give a bunch of challenges in itself, but nothing is worse than that empty feeling.

That sounds pretty rough. I'm very close to my parents and I don't even want to think about what life would be like without them.

I have a good job, I make more money than I can spend. I travel all over the world, go on cruises, etc.. I buy whatever I want. I have a nice house in the richest part of the city. People are reaching out to me and I try to be more outgoing. I go club hopping, meet new people. I got into several hobbies. I was into mountain biking. I joined a local basketball league. I have no problems with girls as they're the ones that come up to me.

But life feels so empty. I feel like all I want is to do is talk to my mom.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark here.

Everything you're talking about is me, me, me. I have this, I do this, I do that.
But nothing you mention is for the betterment of anyone else.

Do good things, make your mom proud. Do something for other people. This approach to life is not about fun and hobbies, it's about making someone else's life better. You get the idea. There, I kept it short because it's a shot in the dark.

I'm in the same situation with regard to my dad. There is some emptiness, but at the same time I know he'd be proud.

Everyone dies eventually; If your mom was alive today she wouldn’t want her son sad and depressed, she would desire for him to be happy. Remember this.

I lost my Mum this time last year.

I go visit her grave whenever I go see my Dad.

I always try to think what she would want me to do and go with that and try and do her proud.

There's a staple in my rear tire on my motorbike. The tire is brand new. That's a tragedy.

I know this is a cliche thing to say, but I'm sure your mum would want you to be happy and have a great life and do her proud, so try and stay positive for her. I lost my mum to cancer about 8 yrs ago, so I know it's not that easy. It's perfectly normal to be sad at times, but try not to dwell on it so much. Hope things get better for you.

I had a fantastic childhood, thanks to my mother. I grew up in the 80s and I'm obsessed with it. I bought all my memorable toys I had when I was a kid. I have all my favorite movies.

My mom passed away not so long ago. It's hard to describe how depressed I was. I feel like I can't move on with my life.

But life feels so empty. I feel like all I want is to do is talk to my mom. I've tried everything and I'm scared as nothing seems to work. Everyone around me is noticing that there's something wrong. I try to put up a wall, but I guess it's that obvious. I cry more often than I'd like to admit. Especially when I'm driving. Nothing seems to work and all I want to do is talk to my mom.
You are depressed. Go seek help. Psychiatrist and counseling.

The grievance process is different for everyone, however this feeling should only be temporary. Sorry for your loss.

You are missing real fulfilment in life. Do you have a family? Make a life where you have a little one that looks up to you and loves you as much as you loved your mom. You can't bring your mom back but you can take the lessons you've learned from her and pass them onto your children.

Sorry for your loss. It takes time to adjust, no need to try and rush it or even to pretend that everything is okay.

I lost my dad in 2002, I was just a Freshman in high school. It still feels surreal at times. But, life goes on. Do you really think your mom would want you to be depressed or stuck in a rut? Nah, she'd likely want you to live your life to it's fullest extent and to be happy.

Nothing wrong with nostalgia for your childhood, and the most important woman in your life.

Back