Anyone else not be able to move on with life?

Lvnvmma

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I had a fantastic childhood, thanks to my mother. I grew up in the 80s and I'm obsessed with it. I bought all my memorable toys I had when I was a kid. I have all my favorite movies.

My mom passed away not so long ago. It's hard to describe how depressed I was. I feel like I can't move on with my life.

I have a good job, I make more money than I can spend. I travel all over the world, go on cruises, etc.. I buy whatever I want. I have a nice house in the richest part of the city. People are reaching out to me and I try to be more outgoing. I go club hopping, meet new people. I got into several hobbies. I was into mountain biking. I joined a local basketball league. I have no problems with girls as they're the ones that come up to me.

But life feels so empty. I feel like all I want is to do is talk to my mom. I've tried everything and I'm scared as nothing seems to work. Everyone around me is noticing that there's something wrong. I try to put up a wall, but I guess it's that obvious. I cry more often than I'd like to admit. Especially when I'm driving. Nothing seems to work and all I want to do is talk to my mom.

Same shit happened with me when I lost my dad. It's been 6 years and I'm still not over it, and developed manic depression because I didn't deal with it correctly.

My advice is morn your mom. Find ways, look stuff up on how to, and dont try to not feel sad with distractions. Get that out of your system. Your nervous system is probably overloaded, and needs a dump. Cry, my man. Fuck not being sensitive. Sensitive people get over things. It takes a lot of time.

I’m a mommas boy also . Sorry for your loss. I can let imagine her dying . I get anxiety thinking about my parents dying.

just because you like the life you have, doesn't mean you can't be sad about what you've lost.

grieve if you need to grieve

I had a fantastic childhood, thanks to my mother. I grew up in the 80s and I'm obsessed with it. I bought all my memorable toys I had when I was a kid. I have all my favorite movies.

My mom passed away not so long ago. It's hard to describe how depressed I was. I feel like I can't move on with my life.

I have a good job, I make more money than I can spend. I travel all over the world, go on cruises, etc.. I buy whatever I want. I have a nice house in the richest part of the city. People are reaching out to me and I try to be more outgoing. I go club hopping, meet new people. I got into several hobbies. I was into mountain biking. I joined a local basketball league. I have no problems with girls as they're the ones that come up to me.

But life feels so empty. I feel like all I want is to do is talk to my mom. I've tried everything and I'm scared as nothing seems to work. Everyone around me is noticing that there's something wrong. I try to put up a wall, but I guess it's that obvious. I cry more often than I'd like to admit. Especially when I'm driving. Nothing seems to work and all I want to do is talk to my mom.
I have a way that a love one that has passed can be talked to. Need to message me

Death is part of life, part of mourning is letting go.
I hope your mom had a good life and the end wasn't painful for her

They say time helps right?

Going to be a struggle when I go through the same thing. Dread that day.

Money isn't your solution, you need to find what are you passionate about, what drives you, imagine if you didn't need to work again, what would you do with your time off that you absolutely love doing, it doesn't have to make you money, but it has to make you happy, and make you really wanna do it.

I'm sure if your mom was alive, she wouldn't want to see you suffer, she would like to see you happy, cherish your memories, be happy because you lived them, but focus on enjoying what you have today. And if you have to feel sad, and cry, do it, allow yourself to feel the emotions. Once you start enjoying your life again I would recommend dating, probably someone that brings the best in you.

Stop living in the past and what it was, take what you can learn from it, and start living your new life from your heart.

I have a way that a love one that has passed can be talked to. Need to message me
I don’t know if opie has seen the film hereditary but I must advise, DONT DO IT

Ok, that second paragraph sounds a little weird. You can buy whatever you want? What exactly do you do for a living? Girls lining up at your front door? That does not sound real, unless you are Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, or other high dollar Hollywood actor. That shit does not happen...

Your story would have sounded more real without the second paragraph. I would say that you are still mourning the loss of your mother. A very close relationship that will never be matched. Not close to your dad or that your dad has also already passed away. No true love from a girlfriend, just sex.

Try volunteering at an animal shelter, nursing home, veteran's organization or something that involves other lives. Think of others before yourself, and start donating some of that wealth to the needy.

Last edited:
Sorry about your mum ts. That's a rough situation and I don't really have any advice but hope shit gets better

I lost my dad a few months ago. It's the first real loss I've had to experience. I've lost relatives, but I've always been extra close to my immediate family. I took care of my dad in his final years, as be battled alzheimer's. I watched him take his last breath. It haunts me still.

I'm starting to function normally, but there are times when I'm crippled with the loss, and I feel as though that will never change. I just try to embrace those times as a chance to remember him. It's always painful, but also beautiful. A good cry is good for the soul.

You're not alone in your hurt bro.

Everyone is different. I watched my dad take his last breath in hospice, went home and slept, got up and went to work the next day. I loved the guy but he would slap me if I missed a day of work over him. That's just how he was. I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to handle my mom passing though

If she was a good person, she'll be in a good place. That's what would provide me solace when my parents eventually pass.

Don't believe all that religious bullshit

I lost my mother 2.5 years ago and I still think about her a lot. Time does help though. You've just got to keep doing your thing and it will get easier.

I know it's not easy but you've got to try and let it go. Remember the good times you had together but try not to beat yourself up too much. Your mother wouldn't want you to be miserable because of her.

Pick yourself up and go out there and live a life which would make her proud.

Hey bro, speak with a professional. If your employer offers benefits for mental health/counseling... take advantage of it ASAP.

I feel your pain mate. I lost my dad when I was 18. That was 34 years ago and I honestly don’t think I ever got over it. I was able to move on, but not a day goes by that I don't regret him never meeting my wife or my son. I compensate by being the nicest i can to my family and friends. Seems to work.

Back