Anyone else having a chill New Years?

Probably stay at home watching the fireworks on tv with the wife

I have spent every new years of my life with my parents - this and every year that we are all alive, will be no different.

Even as I got older, I always said to myself that I want to end and start the year with the two people that matter to me most. After the actual countdown, I will meet up with friends.

My wife was on the pill the first 8 years we were together. That was a long stretch of no condoms for me, very good times. Eventually though she went off of it because the pill can have several negative side effects on some women such as weight gain, depression, blood clotting, and fertility problems. My wife has battled depression in the past -- how much the pill contributed to that is difficult to say, but it could have been a factor. My older sister was on it for 16 years and then she had to go through like four years of in vitro fertilization treatments in order to have a kid. Once again, it's hard to determine how much of that was caused by the pill, but it could also be a factor. If you're using hormones to artificially restrict your reproductive system, why couldn't it screw the system up long term?

After we had our first kid my wife and I decided that I would just wrap it up in between trying for more kids, and then when were finished after our second or third (we'll see how we manage two before deciding a third is in the cards or not) I'll just get a vasectomy.

Two kids and a vasectomy are the correct course of action. Best decision I ever made.

Bigtime. Off to Mexico for almost 1month in January so need to keep my cash for that, nice quiet festive period.

I gotta be up at 5:30am new years day so I'll likely be in bed before midnight.

Same situation... going to be sitting outside all night by my smoker while cooking a pork butt. There's something pretty primal watching a fire cook your food at night, especially when it's cold outside. Just the wife and I with my kitties... going to be a relaxed evening with some NA apple cider to bring in the New Year.

yeah wont be partying, chillin at home with the pup. maybe go out in the snow or something

Hate New Years. It's overpriced, too many cops out there, everyone is obnoxiously drunk, getting dressed up is for girls, and it's boring after the first hour or two.

Last year me and this girl went to this farmhouse out in the country with two other couples and their pet dogs, we played some board games, had dinner and drinks and we all got in the hot tub and finish off with fireworks.

This year I'm just off to a big house party.

I've never been a big new years guy. Most years I'm either with my parents or a small group of friends playing board games and laughing. This year will be no different.

I'm just glad 2016 is over. Was a shitty year for me.

Got invited to a few things but I'm not feeling it this year. I'm just not interested in the balls out New Years Eve parties this year.

My friends are already giving me shit because I got pissed that one of the last times we partied they had open containers and blow in my car. I just feel like I'm exiting that stage of my life though.
New years is for amateurs that need another excuse to drink like they are 21.

I'm spending Christmas and New Year's, the only way you should; in a dark room, alone, with a bottle of Jack and some movies.

Got invited to go out, but the taxi fares are extortionate at this time of year, so I'm opting to chill at home, instead.

There are a couple good Chinese restaurants in my neighborhood, I'll probably grab a bunch of takeout and eat while watching crappy movies with my lady. I'm not going to a bar or anything, might head to a party if I can manage without driving.

I probably won't do shit. At most go to a buddy's house and have a fire and a beer or 20.

I'll be working, helping drunk people get home.

Uber driver?

Sip on whiskey w my girlfriend. Maybe buy a nice cigar for midnight.

My party days are over, not that I was ever too hard into it. I still smoke a bit of a weed a couple of times a week but just a chill amount, not like the old days.

Still like to get a few drinks in with friends occasionally but that's it. Never messed with cocaine myself although lots of friends did.

It's never too late to start, friend.

i will be celebrating new years completely alone

i'll be taking an overnight backpacking trip around here and stealth camping along this ridge
taking a bunch of weed, bottle of liquor, and my telescope with me

hope to be on top of a peak during the countdown/balldrop and i ll probably scream "Happy New Year" as loud as i can in the middle of the forest

flyby-aerial-of-the-shawangunks-video-id473210854

Will you died?

I gotta be up at 5:30am new years day so I'll likely be in bed before midnight.

Where are you going.

Hate New Years. It's overpriced, too many cops out there, everyone is obnoxiously drunk, getting dressed up is for girls, and it's boring after the first hour or two.

56a2e968e567615f3e18475f311b56d1c7500696f3967fe184209c130db893b7.jpg

Where are you going.

Work, going to work unfortunately.

However it sounds like my neighbours and wife wont let me be a party pooper. We are now having a new years eve bonfire. We live in the country so this wont be a city fire. With any luck the ISS will be able to spot our fire from orbit.

But as soon as 12:01am hits I'm going to bed lol.

My buddy manages a German Bier Garden Brew Haus in my town. He got me a long table and a private Beer Wench. 18 friends and family coming. I will be eating Bavarian Pretzles and drinking liter mugs of Hoffbrau. My brother and bro in law will be my main drinking buddies. Then back to my house where I have fireworks and 12 people spending the night. ''Tis the season!

Back