• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else have it 50-45 for Stipe?

Rounds 1 and 4 were both close, but I thought Stipe won them both.

He out struck DC 29-12 in round one. DC did land the biggest punch of the round, right at the end. However, it wasn't nearly as devastating as the commentary team made it to be. He was slightly off balance and got hit with big punch. He immediately walked forward and landed a strike on DC to end the round.

In short, I don't think DCs big punch out weighed the other 4:57 seconds of the round.

Round 4 was close as in it was very competitive, where as in round one, it wasn't close at all until the punch at the end.

No real hard argument here, I just scored it for Stipe. I can see giving DC the 4th, but I have a big issue with giving him the 1st.

Anyone else have it a shutout for the Champ?
If you have a mental disability I can understand it.

I'll have to rewatch but I kinda recall DC getting the better of Stipe in the fifth.
Just rewatched. They both exchanged some heat for sure but Stipe controlled the clinch And I think that gave him the round.

They both gave each other 50 or so concussions in their 3 fights. Not good lol

Rounds 2,3,5 pretty clear stipe rounds.

Rounds 1 and 4 swing rounds slightly edged for DC. I actually had 1 as a draw.

49-47 Stipe was my scorecard.

50-44 Stipe

Round 2 was 10-8. Stipe already solidly winning the round, then dropped mounted and nearly finished DC who was saved by the bell

1st and 4th the closest rounds.

But 1st was DC he stole the round at the end IMO

4th could have gone either way but I gave it to Stipe.

49-46 but 48-47 would not have been a result of bad judging.

My scorecoard:

R1 = Cormier
R2 = Stipe
R3 = Stipe
R4 = Stipe
R5 = Stipe

Rounds 1 and 4 were both close, but I thought Stipe won them both.

He out struck DC 29-12 in round one. DC did land the biggest punch of the round, right at the end. However, it wasn't nearly as devastating as the commentary team made it to be. He was slightly off balance and got hit with big punch. He immediately walked forward and landed a strike on DC to end the round.

In short, I don't think DCs big punch out weighed the other 4:57 seconds of the round.

Round 4 was close as in it was very competitive, where as in round one, it wasn't close at all until the punch at the end.

No real hard argument here, I just scored it for Stipe. I can see giving DC the 4th, but I have a big issue with giving him the 1st.

Anyone else have it a shutout for the Champ?
DC cleanly got the 4th don't see any argument for Stipe. Sig strikes were 30-16 and dc was going for broke pressing forward. Stipe also missed 50% of his strikes here the rest of the fight he's landing 60-70%, while dc connection at 70% that round up from 49-63% in other rounds.
I'm on board with the 49-46 judges.

Last edited:
I think there’s no question that it’s at least 48-47 Stipe, and is very possibly 49-46. Stipe won rds 2, 3, and 4, and possibly 5.

I had it 50-45, but I dislike DC.lol I was surprised so many people scored round 1 for Daniel though, outside of the end of the round punches and a takedown that didn’t do anything he lost.

Stipe outstruck DC in the first but he was staggered (somewhat) so it's automatically 10-9 DC?
DC getting dropped and saved by the bell in round 2 must be a 10-8 then.
Scoring Stipe 10-9 DC for round 2 and 3 is #1 bullshit lol. How can that be scored same? In round 2 Stipe knocked out DC and could have finished the fight if there were more time.
Rkund 3 Stipe won the round by landing more, nothing significant. But they are both 10-9 round... wtf

I had him winning the first, but DC took the 4th.

m6EEHc2.png

Rounds 1 and 4 were the only contentious ones among the official judges. I personally thought Stipe won R1 and DC won R4, but it seems there is a case to be made for 50-45 Stipe.

Rounds 1 & 4 were close but IMO close rounds should go the way of the champion. A challenger has to do more than that to take a man's belt.

I scored it 50-45 Stipe.

Back