• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else have it 50-45 for Stipe?

Immigrant mentality?

WTF?

<{katwhu}>

1ogn.gif
Do you guys not follow MMA memes or something?

I had it 50-45

Had the strike in the 1st dropped Stipe, I could see giving it to DC, but it didn't. He was more than double up in strikes and he landed a TD with no control. That 1 punch isn't enough to negate that.

Stipe outstruck DC in the first but he was staggered (somewhat) so it's automatically 10-9 DC?
DC getting dropped and saved by the bell in round 2 must be a 10-8 then.

I think there’s an argument for it. I wouldn’t say it was a 50-45 fight but the way the scoring works it isn’t unreasonable.

I thought DC took round 4. If Stipe had eye poked him earlier he may have taken 3 rounds. Goddard telling him it was a punch got him pretty worked up.

The official judges were split on rounds 1 and 4 so obviously they were close rounds. 2,3 and 5 were the only unanimous ones in favor of Stipe.

I'm on record many times criticizing the 10pt, round by round system of scoring. I really hate it and this is exactly why. You could easily give all rounds to Stipe in this system of scoring and you could potentially have DC winning if you were really generous enough to give him 3 rounds. I think too often when judging fights, a lot of people are like me and they try to guess what think they judges will see, not what they're seeing themselves.

Judging as a whole, I thought it was an easy win for Stipe.

Last edited:
48-47 Stipe
Round 1 DC
Round 2 Stipe
Round 3 Stipe
Round 4 DC (close)
Round 5 Stipe

I had it 4-1 with DC taking the 1st, but Stipe did outland him in that round so 50-45 Stipe isn't an outrageous score

The first was close and honestly would've went to Stipe if it wasn't for that punch at the end that wobbled him. Outside of that I had it 49-46 for Stipe. Fourth round was close but Stipe controlled it much better and utilized the clinch really well. Kinda hilarious that it is Stipe who used his grappling to win the fight.

How does 1 punch that doesn't even drop the other fighter win you a round when you were more than doubled up in strikes?

Anyone that had it 49-46 with DC winning the 1st should have it 50-45

No way. I'm a big Stipe fan, but 50-45 seems bonkers to me. DC took at least Round 1 IMO and there are arguments to be made for either 4 or 5.

Some close rounds.. 4th was basically even..

I had it 4-1 Stipe, or 3-1-1..

The near knockdown at the end of the first makes it a clear DC round

No but I only had DC winning round 4.

49-46. DC won the first, and you could give him the fourth, so 48-47 is understandable.

I can see why you’d go with that. I had 49-46 though

Back