Anyone else hate "How I met your mother?"

TheGauntlet7**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I hate that show but all my friends love it. Even my guy friends. If you don't know the premise of the show, it's an old guy narrating his late 20s/30s as a woman posing as a man with his equally effeminate friends, except for Barney, who is probably a closet homosexual by his overcompensation. I think the show can best be described as Wonder Years through the eyes of a wuss.

All American sitcoms are terrible. Good films though.

I don't have anything against the actors and actresses in that show, but it's freaking terrible.

Lmao are you trying to imply that NPH is playing a gay character? The dude probably pulls in so much ass, he couldn't play gay if he tried.

I honestly find no humor in the show though. It's better than Two and a Half Men at least.

Two and a half men is worse

I watched the first 3 seasons or so and it was ok. Then I just got absolutely sick of it and can't watch one more episode.

I used to like it but quickly got annoyed by the awful characters. NPH is good though.

Lmao are you trying to imply that NPH is playing a gay character? The dude probably pulls in so much ass, he couldn't play gay if he tried.

I honestly find no humor in the show though. It's better than Two and a Half Men at least.

I think he could considering he's gay in real life.

Id put on the reruns sometimes while flipping through channels. Saw one where Ted was yelling at some girls for not being "real New Yorkers" cause they were from Jersey or something. Meanwhile the character isnt from NY originally. This made me fucking rage. Especially since my neigborhood is now hipster fuckin heaven and most of them have this same shitty attitude.

Never liked it. Always on national flights though. Kind of forced to watch.

It's not quite to the level of Big Bang Theory or Modern Family as currently running sitcoms but it's still pretty decent.

It's not quite to the level of Big Bang Theory or Modern Family as currently running sitcoms but it's still pretty decent.

Big Bang Theory shouldn't be mentioned in the sentence as Modern Family.... except that one.

Never liked it. Always on national flights though. Kind of forced to watch.

dude get an iPad or some kind of tablet and load your shows on it, if you fly that much. the sound is always shot and the picture is horrible on those flights. not to mention, that show is utter crap.

watched it a couple times didn't think it was that funny. two and a half men and big bang theory are better

dude get an iPad or some kind of tablet and load your shows on it, if you fly that much. the sound is always shot and the picture is horrible on those flights. not to mention, that show is utter crap.

I read mostly during the flight.

But if I do bring a laptop I always forgot to put shit on it.

I've had several girls tell me I should watch it; they would quote a line or an idea from the show ("settler and reacher"). I tell them that it's kind of a chick show though and they say "No, it's really not!"

So, I watched it and concluded that it's kind of a chick show.

I've never seen it, or Big Bang Theory for that matter, but there's got to be something appealing about these shows to attract millions of viewers every week. It's just a TV show, I find it hard to have a strongly negative opinion about TV, it's completely frivolous.

I also don't like it.

It is boring.

Back